Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new CGO-CI camera...

The 520 is not yet listed at the Yuneec site. It would be astounding to see the camera before the aircraft.

As for "adapting" a DJI camera, my guess is it would require a heck of a lot more than we might think to accomplish. All DJI equipment runs control code through the main system to function.

THANKS! I would really like to the the CGO-CI available soon and adaptable to H. I've been very happy with my H, the camera is the only thing that could be better.

As far as NDVI you can have a CGO 3+ converted for NDVI or try what I'm going to and that is to get the CGO 2 (gopro) to work on the h for NDVI

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with NDVI. I've been experimenting with orthomosaics, and believe that some good concrete applications for the H would show just what the platform is capable of.

I just trying to decide on which camera to you my GoPro 4 with a NDVI lens or a Mapix NDVI camera (I'd have to 3d print a bracket to hold that)

Can anyone point me in the direction of the specs and other info concerning this CGO-CI camera? The web seems to be scrubbed of info regarding the cam and nothing on Yuneec's site.

Suppose this has become the E-50. Only for 520.

The other 520 camera, E-90, will be made available for H under the name C23.

Early on in this thread, it was mentioned that the CGO-CI would be for the H. Did that change?

There was some hope it would be adaptable to the H.
Systems and electronics for 520 differ a lot from the H. So there was no offspring from the 520 that adapted to the H.

The new C23 camera of the H+ will be compatible with the H.

Confirming that an existing CI will not function on the H? The reason I ask is there is one available to me and based on the statement from the Yuneec rep early on in this thread it is compatible with the H. Did they change their minds after an official statement from the rep? I am trying to become educated and really appreciate the help Delta!

Well, I do not know how long the CI cams were in production, but they do not exist anymore.
Suppose you mean the Yuneec USA guy that stated here in this thread that it would work on H as well as 520? I have my doubts as all electronics differ a lot. Also I never saw any for sale nor heard anyone speak about owning this camera, let alone flying his or her H with it.
So best ask Yuneec USA about it, tried a personal conversation?

Saw the e-bay offer (has ended), $ 700 for that camera.... personally I'd save some more and wait until the C23 has arrived.

:)

Last edited:
I am seeking an inspection quality camera and came across the e-bay auction you mention. Will the C23 be inspection worthy, do you think? I am undecided on replacing the existing
CGO3+ lens with all the debate about it's viability and quality, so the search continues. Thanks again Delta!

Been out of the H loop for a while but now have some commercial work coming up so my interest is renewed.
Just read this entire thread to try and catch up, I have the Peau lens though crashed the H with it on board, hopefully all is okay with it.
I too was/am interested in the CI camera but just noticed the E90 and E 50 cameras for the H520. Are they by any chance compatible?

I recently received a reply back from Yuneec regarding the CI and they advised that the CI does not exist and it would not have been compatible with the H480.

Your last post to me advised that I should contact Yuneec directly about the CI. I did and received the stated info. I appreciate your initial insight and advice, Dr Delta, but I was looking for official confirmation that it was/wasn't compatible with the H480. I still have no official confirmation, so trying to determine exactly what you are implying by what you tried to tell me?

Last edited:
Before it became the 50 for the H520, what could you fly the CI on? So far, no diffinitive answer has been found.

If you have an H-480 you have a 12Mpxl camera. To optimize a 12Mpxl aerial camera for inspection work it would seem reasonable to use a lens that allowed for good to excellent visual review at safe operating distances. It makes no sense to stand off a safe distance and produce imagery that requires enlargement as that reduces resolution. The only thing required to turn the CGO-3 into a good inspection camera is to change the lens out for one that provides greater magnification without addition of distortion. It’s the same thing people with hand held cameras do. We don’t need to run out and buy a new camera whenever we want to shoot a different kind of picture, but we do need to take full advantage of the available resolution. Since we can’t drop and swap lenses it’s helpful to have a couple of cameras with different lenses.

Although the above would be obvious for many a lot are always chasing a better camera. The CGO-3 does a lot of things very well when set up properly and finding a used CGO-3 to adopt a different lens can be an economical solution.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li