Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New DataPilot update 1/17/2020

Installed it and first Test Flights with E10t and E90 were fine.

The possibility to now zoom both pictures separately (RGB and thermal) helps. Before, the overlay was totally useless (thermal image much bigger than RGB, depending on FOV version).

Further it now remembers cam settings (at least for E10t). Before, palette etc. had to be adjusted from default every time the cam was re-connected.

”Image scale” now works. However, what for? It just zooms both pictures.

Hope that Data Pilot runs more stable now. At least it did not freeze so far.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Steve,
Thanks for sharing this with everyone. Once I get home next week, I'll do the updates, try some survey missions and report back. I hope the improvements as noted in the update details will give us a more stable DataPilot for surveys!

Steve,
Thanks for sharing this with everyone. Once I get home next week, I'll do the updates, try some survey missions and report back. I hope the improvements as noted in the update details will give us a more stable DataPilot for surveys!
Looking very much forward to hearing from you how it went!

B
Hey. Tested survey mission operation today (2 batteries). Everything worked well. Datapilot did not freeze or crash. Scary...
BTW,

Could you describe battery swap procedure you employed?

Very good news and hope it will get confirmed as the time goes.

Thx for sharing.

Hey. Tested survey mission operation today (2 batteries). Everything worked well. Datapilot did not freeze or crash. Scary...
I have heard from others that DataPilot will still crash. I'm happy to see you had a better experience.

Sad to hear DataPilot is not yet fixed then.

Fixed is a very black and white term. Software can be complex enough that bug fixing is shades of grey! Unfortunately Yuneec dont really detail what the bugs are that they've fixed.

We just have to hope that these high price cameras that they are rolling out helps justify them continuing to bug fix and implement new features.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I have heard from others that DataPilot will still crash. I'm happy to see you had a better experience.

Needs definitely more testing. My two batteries flight is certainly not representative. Though, I had app crashes on every flight prior to the update.

Before I was flying with Datapilot v1.5.12.25 and now v1.6.53.

My cameras are CGO-ET, E90 and E10t.

@Paw: Will test battery swap with the new datapilot maybe tomorrow. Bet it will remain the same procedure. Shut Copter down. Change battery. Tap „resume mission...from last waypoint“ (or similar wording). „New“ mission is then automatically uploaded to the H520 consisting of the remaining waypoints. Is this procedure different with you guys? Saw that this topic is being discussed here from time to time and was wondering if it is not always the same?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi,
Thanks for explanation on how to swap batteries. Yet indeed the procedure was already discussed here and there. I have come across one described on p. 91 of the attached manual. Must admit that have not yet tried whether and how it worked.

Attachments

• OscarCymru_H520_Manual_EN1.4.0(2).pdf
    8.4 MB · Views: 14
Thanks for explaining how to change batteries. But comes the drone automatically back when batteries is almost empty?
Needs definitely more testing. My two batteries flight is certainly not representative. Though, I had app crashes on every flight prior to the update.

Before I was flying with Datapilot v1.5.12.25 and now v1.6.53.

My cameras are CGO-ET, E90 and E10t.

@Paw: Will test battery swap with the new datapilot maybe tomorrow. Bet it will remain the same procedure. Shut Copter down. Change battery. Tap „resume mission...from last waypoint“ (or similar wording). „New“ mission is then automatically uploaded to the H520 consisting of the remaining waypoints. Is this procedure different with you guys? Saw that this topic is being discussed here from time to time and was wondering if it is not always the same?

Hi,
Thanks for explanation on how to swap batteries. Yet indeed the procedure was already discussed here and there. I have come across one described on p. 91 of the attached manual. Must admit that have not yet tried whether and how it worked.

Hey. Just tested it with recent datapilot version. Battery change procedure is the same as with earlier version and as described in the modified manual you have sent. (The procedure someone added to the manual).

See some pics attached.

Attachments

• 4D00EF23-6F17-4549-AD7A-8B762DDF2675.jpeg
    4D00EF23-6F17-4549-AD7A-8B762DDF2675.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 33
  • D97221F8-E6F5-44A3-844D-A477F6601B1C.jpeg
    D97221F8-E6F5-44A3-844D-A477F6601B1C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 53FE4965-9E66-4168-A2D6-C2254979697C.jpeg
    53FE4965-9E66-4168-A2D6-C2254979697C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 6D4C87C6-3AC3-4A26-AE2E-430181D5E543.jpeg
    6D4C87C6-3AC3-4A26-AE2E-430181D5E543.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Hey. Just tested it with recent datapilot version. Battery change procedure is the same as with earlier version and as described in the modified manual you have sent. (The procedure someone added to the manual).

See some pics attached.
HI,

Thank for testing swap battery function and sharing. Really great news it works!

I cannot wait to i am back and can check everything myself.
Pawel

But comes the drone automatically back when batteries is almost empty?

Watch out for this one! It will not return at the battery level you've set the low battery warning at. It will only return when there is an exceptionally low battery, and if you wait until this point you really risk the drone having insufficient battery to get home.

Just initiate a RTL when you need the battery change. It'll pick up where you left off when it restarts and reconnects to the ST16s.

Reactions: Mike Irish and MrEd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval