Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New DJI units

Reaction score
Well DJI just announced their newest units.
Phantom 4 Pro+
Inspire 2
They seemed to have concentrated on the camera. Hopefully Yuneec does the same in their next model.

I am hoping Yuneec makes another modular camera for the Typhoon H instead of just making a whole new unit. For me, the bird itself is almost a perfect design when it comes to hardware. The obstacle avoidance is not a big deal for me. Any modifications necessary could be made through firmware upgrades. If they put a similar camera to the new DJI unit and add some new features they could easily compete.

It is kind of funny that some of the hyped up new flying features added to the new Phantom, Yuneec already implemented last year or added with the latest firmware.

Orbit, journey, dedicated screen, frequency redundancy, burst mode....

They still have yet to add panoramic.

All this competition is great for us consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob Hadfield
They P 4pro is advertising that their obstacle avoidance can be used at 31 mph. That is much better than 12 mph.

Reactions: QuadBart
I emailed Yuneec CS this morning and asked if there was any news about a new camera in the pipeline, their (standard) reply was that they aren't aware of any new hardware releases for the H......I'm really hoping there will be some upgrades (soon), otherwise that P4P is pretty tempting.

Ok so I've seen both new DJI models that where just released & honestly (Obviously I'm biased towards Yuneec because I own an H but trying my best to give you unbiased thoughts & opinions on the new DJI systems) 1st the new Inspire 2 is awesome because of the fact that it has a 76mph top speed as well as the 0-50mph speed is 4 seconds incredable but not sure exactly when or why you'd ever need a UAV that fast or necessarily want one that fast because its one of those things that would be awesome to have but realistically other than right at first & then every once in awhile to show your different friends its ability, but truth be told if your looking for speed then there are plenty of RTF racing drones or DIY a racing drone. Initially when I heard it had 2 camera's I thought it was going to be much more amazing then when I finally looked it up to only find out that they're only talking about 1 FPV camera (dont know the quality, but my bets are that its not the best & probably not even 720p) Plus now that they're begining to use dual camera's that each use slighlty different ways/methods to communicate back to the pilot, So will that limit their range? Because all DJI owners claim that the reason they have superior range is to do with their LightBridge & not using 5.8gHz for a video downlink but i've read somewhere on the DJI site that they'll now be using 5.8gHz especially because they're claiming a dual redundancy communication system.

Being that the price of the Inspire 2 is so high I don't see me buying it anytime soon although it does look like a nice bird & like that they've finally built a bird that is black and not white. the only claim a max flight time of 25-27 minutes but we'll wait to see what real world results tell us, & that is while using 2 pretty big batteries that dont look very cheap at all. they say that they've improved upon their base camera for videography and photos but not sure what they mean by that. The P4P while YES it does have all 4 sides OBJECT avoidance NOT Visual Obstacle Avoidance meaning that yes it will detect if its close to things but still remains unable to re-route around themselves autonomously. Still now after how many releases that DJI has released of just the Phantom not to mention its other models and yet the landing gear still on their newest release it doesnt have retractable landing gear. I cannot believe that DJI finally went out of their way to include a monitor with their TX's especially being that they've always had the money in their budget to include a pretty nice & big one with what the charge for their packages.

If we could possible just see some kind of battery technology breakthrough in the world where someone is finally able to design and build batteries with 5x their current capacities but without increasing the size or weight by to much if any then the world as we know it would be so much more then it already is. case in point look at Solar Energy Farms they are great during the day because they provide power and hot water to millions therefore not having to rely on fossil fuels as much but then when it comes to night those same solar farms are rendered useless other then the estimated 1 hour worth of power that had been stored in their huge battery banks, If we just had some kind of new battery technolgy we may be able to see those solar farms be able to provide power for 24 hours per day because they are already collecting way more than enough energy to provide for the homes during the day while collecting enough extra energy to store for 5-10 times that same amount if we had any batteries that where capable of storing such energy.

Just imagine going out to fly your H & installing a battery into it that only weighed 100 grams & it provided over an hour worth of flight time and if you had a battery the size of the current battery in the H you may have flight times of close to 4 hours or more. WOW wouldnt that be nice

Well DJI just announced their newest units.
Phantom 4 Pro+
Inspire 2
They seemed to have concentrated on the camera. Hopefully Yuneec does the same in their next model.

I am hoping Yuneec makes another modular camera for the Typhoon H instead of just making a whole new unit. For me, the bird itself is almost a perfect design when it comes to hardware. The obstacle avoidance is not a big deal for me. Any modifications necessary could be made through firmware upgrades. If they put a similar camera to the new DJI unit and add some new features they could easily compete.

It is kind of funny that some of the hyped up new flying features added to the new Phantom, Yuneec already implemented last year or added with the latest firmware.

Orbit, journey, dedicated screen, frequency redundancy, burst mode....

They still have yet to add panoramic.

All this competition is great for us consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the wonderful thing about Yuneec, they made the Typhoon H in a modular fashion (it makes repairs and upgrades easy) When Yuneec comes out with an upgraded camera, we will be able to buy the camera only and quickly replace our current camera without having to buy an entirely new unit. Should save a lot of money that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval