Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware available for Q500/Q500+/Q500 4k/Q500G

Reaction score
  • -Go Home Improved: Incase of loss of signal, Typhoon will return to home and remain in a hover until the signal is regained. Typhoon will land if the voltage is below 10.7 volts for a consecutive 3 seconds if the signal is not acquired.
  • -Improved GPS performance
  • -Improved Typhoon performance in wind
  • -Increased Angle Mode speed to 17mph
  • -Increased Follow Me and Watch Me speed to 22mph
  • -Improved landing characteristics
  • -Wizard connectivity
(Date: 10/26/2015)

Support | Yuneec – Electric Aviation

Reactions: LN101stTONY
I updated the 4K and ST10+ to the latest firmware.

Flew it yesterday and had a problem where the video downlink feed just froze.
It was only about 100m away and it did not restart on it's own.
I had to land then power off / on the 4K and then it was OK.

This may have been sheer co-incidence that it happened after a firmware update, but I wonder?

The other, much more serious problem I noted after the update was that the ST10+ no longer records the Q's telemetry or the ST10's "telemetry" and status etc.

If I can't get it to record, I'll be trying to go back to the previous firmware as I find it essential to be able to save the telemetry.

I save all my flights and if there was a problem I could refer to the telemetry as it will show exactly where my Q was flying and even where the TX was.

Can you advise if this was done deliberately and it there is a chance it can be enabled?

Thanks and kind regards

Dave.

Tim's VERY QUICK (thanks Tim) reply partly helped but what I have found out is the following:-

I had a SD card in my ST10+ that had some telemetry files recorded on it from previous flights.

After the firmware update to 1.07 there were no more files saved to this card.

I put a blank SD card in the ST10+ and tried again - telemetry was now recorded.

I saw that the file name of the telemetry from the 1.07 firmware had an extra numeric digit.

So that I keep my telemetry files in number order I renamed the file on the previously blank card to one number after my previously saved files BUT MADE IT 5 numeric characters long instead of the 4 from the older firmware.

All OK now.

Very pleased the telemetry is still recorded!

Dave.

• -Go Home Improved: Incase of loss of signal, Typhoon will return to home and remain in a hover until the signal is regained. Typhoon will land if the voltage is below 10.7 volts for a consecutive 3 seconds if the signal is not acquired.
  • -Improved GPS performance
  • -Improved Typhoon performance in wind
  • -Increased Angle Mode speed to 17mph
  • -Increased Follow Me and Watch Me speed to 22mph
  • -Improved landing characteristics
  • -Wizard connectivity
(Date: 10/26/2015)

Support | Yuneec – Electric Aviation
Does the 22mph max only work when the transmitter is moving 22mph?
I haven't had the guts to drive my car 22mph and fly my updated q500 at the same time....also did you slow down the smart mode speed from 15mph to 13 mph?
I can't get it to fly faster than 13 in smart mode and 17.5 in angle mode.
Anybody gone 22mph yet?

My neighbor turned off his GPS on his Q and he got 35 from his boat. At that point it is all you and a lot can happen at 35mph... Great video though.

I'm having an issue updating the firmware on my ST10+. I have tried three different SD Cards (1GB, 16GB, 64GB). I formatted each fresh. I copied firmware folder and update.zip file to the root of the freshly formatted card. I was able to select the tx firmware file in the remote control update screen. I got an update successful message then when I went to the system update I got an update.zip[no card] error.

I'm having an issue updating the firmware on my ST10+. I have tried three different SD Cards (1GB, 16GB, 64GB). I formatted each fresh. I copied firmware folder and update.zip file to the root of the freshly formatted card. I was able to select the tx firmware file in the remote control update screen. I got an update successful message then when I went to the system update I got an update.zip[no card] error.

Please call tech support for assistance 1-844-898-6332.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval