Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware Update

Reaction score
Hello,
I use the Yuneec 520 with Pix4D and AgiSoft for mapping purposes and when mapping a small area I like to fly with the Gimbal at 90 degrees and then a second flight at 60 degrees to improve the results. When I updated the software on the drone and the controller I lost the check down menu to adjust the roll and yaw on the gimbal. Did I do something incorrectly?

The workaround is to do your job like this.
You start the mission with a waypoint where you set the angle of the camera at 90 °.
From this waypoint, you link the grid of photos where the camera will stay at 90 °,
At the end of this mission, you go back by a waypoint where you put the angle of the camera at 60 °.
and you redo the same grid where the camera will remain fixed at 60 °.
So you will do your job with a first pass at 90 °, then the following at 60 °.

By putting a waypoint where you set the angle before the mission, this angle remains for the mission.

Reactions: 10-8
Or use desktop version of data pilot 1.1.9 which has all the settings you require and then upload the saved plan to st16s.

I only have the Mac version of 1.1.9 if that helps

Or use desktop version of data pilot 1.1.9 which has all the settings you require and then upload the saved plan to st16s.

I only have the Mac version of 1.1.9 if that helps

I have just tried to find 1.1.9 version searching on google. I have found this page

https://www.premium-drohne.de/shop/yuneec/kopter/28/typhoon-h520-inkl.-e90-und-rucksack and at the bottom there are download links for DataPilot with win version 1.1.11 and Mac version 1.1.9

I have a Win PC so I have downloaded 1.1.11 version but there is no camera angle in surveys and it pretty much looks like 1.3 version for Windows.

ok, the link says on the page it is 1.1.11 but since downloading is coming directly from yuneec website it is 1.3 version. I will keep looking for 1.1.11 as there must be a camera angle settings because it is in 1.1.9 for MAC and they have seemed to be released close to each other.

ok, the link says on the page it is 1.1.11 but since downloading is coming directly from yuneec website it is 1.3 version. I will keep looking for 1.1.11 as there must be a camera angle settings because it is in 1.1.9 for MAC and they have seemed to be released close to each other.

Sorry this is in capitals but DO NOT FLY WITH 1.1.11 AIRCRAFT FIRMWARE. It was the first one and extremely dangerous. I cannot stress enough that you must not fly on 1.1.11

Using 1.1.19 desktop though will give you what you are looking for with angles. Save the plan and upload to aircraft using latest firmware.

It works and all is ok.

I doubt you will find it by googling though.

Hi Peggy,

I meant a version of DataPilot Planner for Windows , not firmware,
When you said 1.1.11 I just wanted to express to not fly with it.
Datapilot is 1.1.19
Sorry I can’t help you with the windows version

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval