Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware !

Well, that sounds strange and depends on the reason control is lost, because when link is lost on 2.4GHz, on 5.8GHz is probably gone from longtime already.
That's one reason because video is usually on a shorter wave length: when video degrades there is still full control and it's time to come back.
Ric
Come on, this isn't a redundancy to increase your range when you fly too far out, it's a redundancy in case the 2.4g spectrum is jammed, packed with interference or just drops out

Reactions: slick and Hoss
I went out and did a test flight with new update and mine flew fine however I wasn't able to test all the new features but I did notice my video link cut out a lot sooner than it has in the past and my telemetry did as well. Is anyone else experiencing shorter distances?

Hmmm.... looks like it looses video faster.... allthough i had my antenna's unscrewed...

If you power up the transmitter or the H with out the antennas connected, you will burn out the transmitter modules on both.

Hmmmm ok.... have done it a dozen of times, but good to know.... better put on the antenna's then...

Hmmmm ok.... have done it a dozen of times, but good to know.... better put on the antenna's then...

I agree with them too.
Never power the transmitter without antennas.
You will damage the RF module as the output power basically is reflected back.

Is this a combined firmware, as no EU version

Europe version is here (at least it has the E suffix):
Firmware

But if I got it right it will be downloaded (OTA feature), so probably related to location.
Ric

I wonder why the Yuneecs install video has been removed from the thread... Not really useful, anyway...

I have always said that if the H does not know that it level or is not level it will drift.

Very much on the money. It also applies to aircraft that are moved just after they are powered up since that is when system accelerometers perform a self check. They do this every time they are powered up, so every time you change batteries, do not move the H after enabling the start button. If you do, anticipate you might have drift issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much on the money. It also applies to aircraft that are moved just after they are powered up since that is when system accelerometers perform a self check. They do this every time they are powered up, so every time you change batteries, do not move the H after enabling the start button. If you do, anticipate you might have drift issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow! great tip I do that all the time! Well not anymore now! :)

I'm ready to play update roulette, I skipped last update but this one added features I like so jumping in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430