Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware !

Not to sound like a complete noob, but I just got the Typhoon H and did not want to update since the stories going around freak me out.

However, I'm I understanding right that I can skip an update and just do the one released today? Or do I have to go back, get the last update, THEN get this one? Thank you in advance, this forum has been a lot of help for a new pilot.

Not to sound like a complete noob, but I just got the Typhoon H and did not want to update since the stories going around freak me out.

However, I'm I understanding right that I can skip an update and just do the one released today? Or do I have to go back, get the last update, THEN get this one? Thank you in advance, this forum has been a lot of help for a new pilot.

I would not bother waiting more than a few days... if you don't see panic set in my monday, go with it.... The versions that came August/Sept were pretty bad, but the one before this one was good for almost everyone. Since your under warranty, and really recent, you can feel confident that if something is "bad" that Yunneec will make it right. All the issues and feelings you see on here aside, 99% of the time they seem to make it right...

I would not hesitate in your shoes... but for those that have no warranty left, I would be way slower to update....

I would not bother waiting more than a few days... if you don't see panic set in my monday, go with it.... The versions that came August/Sept were pretty bad, but the one before this one was good for almost everyone. Since your under warranty, and really recent, you can feel confident that if something is "bad" that Yunneec will make it right. All the issues and feelings you see on here aside, 99% of the time they seem to make it right...

I would not hesitate in your shoes... but for those that have no warranty left, I would be way slower to update....

Indeed!

Reactions: skwty

Alrighty then. I will start the download process now with the updates released today and see what happens :) Thank you!

Alrighty then. I will start the download process now with the updates released today and see what happens :) Thank you!

Make sure you watch that video and follow the steps.. this upgrade is a little different than the other ones we have had to do in that you have to clear the application cache... It strikes me as a very important step so please ensure you do all the steps in the video provided. For a change they made a good firmware update video, which Captaindrone has done for us in the past here, but this one is notable different process than prev versions...

At the same time, don't be scared off either... its not hard, just don't make assumptions in your process, follow Yuneecs steps and you will be good to go....

So far this is rock solid, update went smooth as silk. Is there a way to change the 1 second time lapse? I have not found a way, maybe I am missing something. Everything else works great. I rate it a 10 for now, will burn some batteries tomorrow.

Wow, they really added some nice features in this update.
I never expected them to actually add a histogram.
The feature I am waiting for is being able to adjust the white balance via Kelvin.
After this update, it really raises my hopes in being able to gain this feature.
Thank you Yuneec!!!

Make sure you watch that video and follow the steps.. this upgrade is a little different than the other ones we have had to do in that you have to clear the application cache.
Before I get too far, I assume you are referring to the videos on the downloads page? I do not see anything about application cache. Did I miss something?

So what is the histogram used for?
It is a feature used in DSLR's & Pro Camcorders.
It is a small graph diagram that scales your scene from dark to light.

I don't have the best knowledge to put a description into words, so it would probably be best to read about it here.

How to Read Your Camera's Histogram

Great features but does this firmware will fix drifting problems that some of us experiencing. No word on that matter

For all of you that have issues that ONLY EFFECT a very small grouping of H users/owners, Yuneec is not going to release an update effects ALL & list that it "FIXES" such an issue! As for the Dual Band redundancy, "azpilot61" is correct, Although it will provide a sort of safety net they "Yuneec" NEVER has said to go test the absolute outer limits. Something that would help all of us I think would be if Yuneec could provide us with a better resolution Signal meter ie: when you have 4 or 5 bars you see that you have a great connection but it doesn't really go from great signal to Fair then to poor then to none within any type of slow matter but rather from Great to Poor then none & so by better resolution I DO NOT mean so you can SEE/VIEW it better but rather instead of a 4 or 5 bar system/meter maybe break those down into 10 & make the scaling better so that instead of allowing you to fly out to for example 2000 feet while saying Great connection then only flying an additional 100 feet & suddenly display that you have only a poor connection, Break it down a bit because I really doubt that our signals on either band all of a sudden go from great to poor within such little distance. Thanks Tom C

I think that the biggest help of all for those that experience fly aways or any issue for that matter is to first look at everything ie flight data, think of how you started your flight (did you wait for the GPS to lock on before taking off) etc. & HONESTLY ask yourselves whether it was truely some unknown issue or if you as the operator had anything to do with why the issue happened!! If you find it may have been your own fault, then own up to it & take some responsibility! I say this not towards anyone on this particular thread but on another that I read recently where the owner of the New H wrote about how his H flew away & said that the 1st out of 2 flights was being flown by a supposed Professional Private Drone Pilot to film his daughters wedding & when the pilot set it up to fly he could not get it to GPS Lock but then ended up flying it anyway to film his daughter's wedding (which I get because even at $1k-$1500 I'd risk a fly away to be able to film something like that due to the nature of it only happens once, although the owner should have noticed this & had it fixed way prior to the Big day). Anyway it was a successful flight that captured the footage, But then he goes on to say that he (Now the owner) took his H out a few days after that & could not get it to GPS lock but decided to Fly it anyway & all was going well except for at the end of the flight he (the owner) flipped the switch to "HOME" mode to have it fly back to him automatically (which as far as I've seen has worked flawlessly for everyone that's used it CORRECTLY, ie they made sure that the H first had a good GPS lock BEFORE taking off) because really what do you think will happen if you put the H in "HOME" mode without it having a GPS lock???? Well since it doesn't have an actual Pilot on board the H to be able to Think, see, react etc. in the case that the pilot flying it from the Transmitter is not intelligent enough to know what WILL & HAS happened many times before, ITS NOT going to know where you want it to go so YES 95% chance it'll fly away, WHICH is NOT a YUNEEC problem!!

I am leveling H on the floor with level tool. I put flat panel on the floor and with level tool set it to be as level as possible. The same procedure every time. But like I wrote before with 2.25 firmware it was drifting but not drifting like you mean. When you move stick forward it will go slightly lef or right and after you go for hard stop it will do drifting circles before stabilize. That is what I mean drifting. So after i tried everything , calibrating this calibrating that dozen time and reinstalling firmware, finaly I decided to revert back to firmware 2.21 as this was firmware that was fine for me. And now after 6 flights all is well. Hopefuly will be with this new firmware. If not , don't really no what to do except send it back to service.

Have you tried a factory reset on both the H & your ST16? It sounds like a potentiometer issue inside of your H. Because if it were inside the Firmware version why would it only be affecting a very small grouping of people? I'm not sure if its possible but it should be, If you go into "PAD" mode then into settings, then to "ABOUT" it should give you a build date of your ST16 & possibly other places to find the build date as well. With the build date info &/or the location of the build compare that with others that are reporting that they are having the same issue then compare it with others that have not had that issue & see if that issue only affects those who have a ST16 that was built during a certain time frame or built ONLY from a certain country of origin!!!! I say this because I'm sure that you all are aware of the recent Samsung issue they had with their Galaxy Note 7 release? Many people that decided to get the Note 7 experienced the battery expanding, blowing up, catching fire etc. which forced the FCC to stop all sales & then Samsung did a "So Called" voluntary recall of ALL Note 7 devices. But they soon found out that the ONLY Note 7 Devices that were experiencing these issues where the ones that were assembled in South Korea & non of the Note 7 devices assembled elsewhere experienced any of them!! Or else have you tried to pick up your H after you "calibrated" it (but while still ON) & then just moving it in all different directions while watching to see what the camera gimbal does? That way you could see if it is properly compensating for your movements to stay as level as possible & making sure it is not acting with any big delays, so try like i said moving it all around then set it back level & wait maybe 10-15 seconds & pick it back up & repeating. Maybe it will act correctly initially but with repeated events it doesn't idk Just trying to help.

Have you tried a factory reset on both the H & your ST16? It sounds like a potentiometer issue inside of your H. Because if it were inside the Firmware version why would it only be affecting a very small grouping of people? I'm not sure if its possible but it should be, If you go into "PAD" mode then into settings, then to "ABOUT" it should give you a build date of your ST16 & possibly other places to find the build date as well. With the build date info &/or the location of the build compare that with others that are reporting that they are having the same issue then compare it with others that have not had that issue & see if that issue only affects those who have a ST16 that was built during a certain time frame or built ONLY from a certain country of origin!!!!

I will look into that but like I said then why my Typhoon H is flying fine on firmware 2.21 ? Drifting , strange behaviour in general on 2.25 and after I reverted back to 2.21 all is fine. So how come this could be hardware problem ?

gimbal control erratic, on the old firmware when you flicked the pan mode switch to the top position it automatically faced forward mine no longer does this. A bit annoying as useful to double check the forward mode of the craft. it also just continually wants to rotate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco