Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware !

I still got the problem with lost videosignal when putting up the landiggear, will do some more tests, but it happend already at the first flight with this new firmware

Jens, You have a E version ?
Then it could be normal beause the power output of the ST16 is much lower then the A version.
Marnix

I intend updating mine later today and then get out for a test flight.
Not flown for weeks so i'm starting to get cabin fever.
Beautiful day for it too.

Jim ( Flypic )

It has been pointed out by a number of people that that video is quite misleading. The 'GPS Used' true/false column is *not* GPS Lock.
I think gps_used just indicates if the GPS is on or not. The GPS fix_type column should indicate the type of fix (0 = No fix, 2 = 2D fix, 3 = 3D fix, 4 = DGPS fix) however all of my telemetry shows the fix_type is 0 or No Fix. Even telemetry from other H's shows the same so I'm guessing Yuneec doesn't or can't use fix_type with the U-blox MAX-M8Q GPS.

Greg

Noticed that the H when descending seems to go sort of fast slow i.e. not smooth. Never did it before even with Obs Avoid on.

Actually got out to fly the new firmware. Did all the calibrations etc. I was so focused on the calibrations and testing the new firmware I neglected to see the bright blinking green LED or notice I took off in Smart Mode. Doh. Hovered just fine, no drift, tested aileron, no issues. Tested elevator, could go forward, but not backward. Started to drift forward and wasn't responding to back elevator so I started to land in the grass when it flipped over and separated half the gimbal dampers, yet didn't break any props. One damper was laying in the grass. D--n. Pretty thick in the head I guess. Packed everything up, reset the dampers, remounted the gimbal, rebound everything, monitored controls, everything was working, what the h--l? I finally looked at the mode switch and saw it was in Smart Mode. This was all on me. I re-calibrated everything, took it out to test again in Angle Mode and everything is good, sigh. Surprisingly no damage was done. It's dark now so my test was brief but aileron and elevator respond like they should although they seem a little more responsive in slow mode than they did with the last firmware, also no drifting.

Needless to say, I broke the cardinal prestartup checklist which is what got me in trouble. I'm sharing this to reinforce the need to do the formal prestart checks, and not let excitement or distractions force you to rush. This could have been a costly mistake.

Greg

Reactions: Rayray
I know this question has been addressed before, but is it ok to skip firmware updates? Or are they incremental and I should install the ones I'm missing?

I'm still running the firmware from Sept 1st and skipped the past 2 updates because of all the issues some users reported.

The firmware updates aren't patches, they are full images. You don't need to progress through all the firmware versions and can just install the latest one at any time.

The firmware updates aren't patches, they are full images. You don't need to progress through all the firmware versions and can just install the latest one at any time.

Thanks a lot! I just wanted to make sure. still going to wait a few days to see the general experience with other users heheh

Regarding battery voltage drop when sitting without the motors being armed, I'm another that has consistently noted very little voltage drop if the motors are not spinning. Voltage does drop over time but it requires quite a few minutes to drop from 16.6 to 16v.

A question for people that have drift and toilet bowl issues. How many of you power up the H and either move the copter or raise the arms immediately after power up? If you are one that does these things try doing your start up after the H has been prepared and placed in the launch location and see if things get better. Accelerometers have to initialize, which they do immediately after power up and if the H is moving they will not do so correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Histogram:
I ran the histogram function, and my CGO3+ started having a seizure. It wound't stop, until I shut down the H. I tried over again, and the Histogram worked fine, without affecting the CGO3.

Panorama:
It took the individual pictures like it is suppose to, but I noticed that my ST16 screen shows the camera moving with jerks, and it doesn't show a smooth movement when it is repositioning for a picture - no big deal though.

Spot and Center metering:
I wish I knew the size or percentage of the screen the meters covered.

Hello
when you try to install the new firmware, there was a glitch in the machine Tufoon X Next, after the power button is not being installed their own firmware and the device does not turn on completely, LEDs do not burn, rear indicator lights faint blue. The firmware on Article 16 established correctly.

After the initialization is complete, the firmware, it was reported for restart. But the shutdown button does not respond the energy, off occurred only when the battery is disconnected !!!!

that I need to take to restore the system?

typhonn H Pro

ST16_V3.1.25.yuneec
TyphoonH_Ver3.0_A

Did the update, no problem with version number and its flying flawlessly now. Good...! Im still not comfortable with all the new features but, working on it.

Hello
when you try to install the new firmware, there was a glitch in the machine Tufoon X Next, after the power button is not being installed their own firmware and the device does not turn on completely, LEDs do not burn, rear indicator lights faint blue. The firmware on Article 16 established correctly.

After the initialization is complete, the firmware, it was reported for restart. But the shutdown button does not respond the energy, off occurred only when the battery is disconnected !!!!

that I need to take to restore the system?

typhonn H Pro

ST16_V3.1.25.yuneec
TyphoonH_Ver3.0_A
This is the problem I had. I had to get a special firmware from yuneec customer service. I own a crappy windows machine just for all the various GUI apps for my different drones and was very concerned I was dead dead dead as the com port and everything seemed mute. I got an email with a .bin from yuneec and instructions on how to load via the GUI and it worked right away. The secret firmware brought back power button and initilization and I was able to finish the update with the SD card in the camera. I could forward you those instructions with that link but I'm not sure how generic that firmware is they net me.
The good news I was able to repair myself and did not succumb to the "send it in" first request and whined a bit about not for the third time! So it seems USA based customer service is getting more cooperative with those of us willing to navigate their whole firmware curve.

Reactions: DmitriyA
Regarding battery voltage drop when sitting without the motors being armed, I'm another that has consistently noted very little voltage drop if the motors are not spinning. Voltage does drop over time but it requires quite a few minutes to drop from 16.6 to 16v.

A question for people that have drift and toilet bowl issues. How many of you power up the H and either move the copter or raise the arms immediately after power up? If you are one that does these things try doing your start up after the H has been prepared and placed in the launch location and see if things get better. Accelerometers have to initialize, which they do immediately after power up and if the H is moving they will not do so correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, for both comments.

This is the problem I had. I had to get a special firmware from yuneec customer service. I own a crappy windows machine just for all the various GUI apps for my different drones and was very concerned I was dead dead dead as the com port and everything seemed mute. I got an email with a .bin from yuneec and instructions on how to load via the GUI and it worked right away. The secret firmware brought back power button and initilization and I was able to finish the update with the SD card in the camera. I could forward you those instructions with that link but I'm not sure how generic that firmware is they net me.
The good news I was able to repair myself and did not succumb to the "send it in" first request and whined a bit about not for the third time! So it seems USA based customer service is getting more cooperative with those of us willing to navigate their whole firmware curve.
Send me please these instructions and firmware please. by mail

Last edited:

Send me please these instructions and firmware please. email deleted

Pardon me, I want to make a comment here. Dmitriy is a well-known Russian photographer. I think he said he had bought his Typhoon H in Berlin.
Craig, help D. if you feel you can, but it's not a good idea to put email or other private info here, go to the Conversations for that.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon me, I want to make a comment here. Dmitriy is a well-known Russian photographer. I think he said he had bought his Typhoon H in Berlin.
Craig, help D. if you feel you can, but it's not a good idea to put email or other private info here, go to the Conversations for that.

Thanks.
that's better?

Since this update I have suddenly started getting the loss of signal with the skid up on take off. Did not happen before anyone else getting this issue ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace