Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware !

gimbal control erratic, on the old firmware when you flicked the pan mode switch to the top position it automatically faced forward mine no longer does this. A bit annoying as useful to double check the forward mode of the craft. it also just continually wants to rotate

I had this gimbal quirk but when I rebooted again it seems to have settled down to normal.

As far as GPS lock is concerned, I was quite surprised when I reviewed a number of flight log files and saw that when flying in a new location, I only had GPS lock at around the 12.5 minute mark. I reviewed a number of flights from new locations and this was consistent. This is important because although the ST16 shows 16 satellites, the reality was that it takes that 12.5 minutes to get "full lock". I have since included a 12.5 minute wait time as part of my pre flight routine, when flying in a new location.

As far as GPS lock is concerned, I was quite surprised when I reviewed a number of flight log files and saw that when flying in a new location, I only had GPS lock at around the 12.5 minute mark. I reviewed a number of flights from new locations and this was consistent. This is important because although the ST16 shows 16 satellites, the reality was that it takes that 12.5 minutes to get "full lock". I have since included a 12.5 minute wait time as part of my pre flight routine, when flying in a new location.

So on a average battery you get 16-18 minutes tops. That gives you a 4-6 minute flight? Just asking

As far as GPS lock is concerned, I was quite surprised when I reviewed a number of flight log files and saw that when flying in a new location, I only had GPS lock at around the 12.5 minute mark.

The question you need to ask is - how long since the unit last had GPS lock? As the thread on the GPS unit shows, quick lock depends on an up to date satellite list. It goes out of date over a few days and has to be refreshed whether or not you've moved to a new location.

Also - what are you using to indicate 'GPS lock' in the telemetry files?

Note to TH Pro or RealSense users, remember to reenable your RealSense after the firmware update. Also, after the model select for the H, did anyone else notice the CGO4 in the list of available cameras? I wonder if Yuneec is planning on making the CGO4 available to H owners?

Greg

Note to TH Pro or RealSense users, remember to reenable your RealSense after the firmware update. Also, after the model select for the H, did anyone else notice the CGO4 in the list of available cameras? I wonder if Yuneec is planning on making the CGO4 available to H owners?

Greg
For about CGO4 question, I read that ST16 can now manage H920 drone so I belive this is why CGO4 camera is now available for selection.

Just a follow-up to the question about how to determine if GPS is locked by reading the flight data. Here's a short video a buddy of mine made on how to find the data and where the GPS Lock or non lock data resides.

Reactions: Daemon1
Just a follow-up to the question about how to determine if GPS is locked by reading the flight data. Here's a short video a buddy of mine made on how to find the data and where the GPS Lock or non lock data resides.

I say B.S. on that video
If you use Helmut Elsner's telemetry program it will show you that when the telemetry say's false it just means not a good connection to satellites. The far right column is color coded. To show just how good it is. He has researched this far more than this guy in the video.

http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip

That was why I was asking. My app provides full access to telemetry and it's not quite as simple as people think :)

I say B.S. on that video
If you use Helmut Elsner's telemetry program it will show you that when the telemetry say's false it just means not a good connection to satellites. The far right column is color coded. To show just how good it is. He has researched this far more than this guy in the video.

http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
Call BS all you want. I know I was following a thread on this topic and I went in the telemetry files to check and see if it had any validity. Sure enough, when ever I was in a new location ( at quite a distance from where I had flown before) I saw a false reading on the GPS. After the 12.5 minutes, it turned to true. I only did this wait for the first flight and subsequent flights locked very quickly, as the telemetry files verified. If I take what you said "when the telemetry says false, it just means not a good connection to satellites", are we not saying the same thing. I for one do not want to take my H up with "not a good connection to satellites" when I wait that that initial 12.5 minutes, I get a "good connection". That' s the camp I'm subscribing to.

That freaked me out at first as after I cleared flight data I thought I had trashed the app. Today I'm testing latest features of camera firware upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers