Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware !

Yes, try it. The motors draw orders of magnitude more power from the batteries than the computers and telemetry.

If this was so true then why does Yuneec not but this information in the manual...........WHY because it's B.S. thats why. People who have researched this more then you or I will tell you your statements are wrong but hey if you want to sit on the fricken ground waiting the 12.5 minutes while i get that perfect sunrise go ahead.
I'M done trying to reason with people with no reason in their brain.

David it's possible you need to recalibrate the st16 hardware. If it's always the same position it may mean the controllers position sensor is slightly off and calibrating that is likly to fix the position issue.

Also I don't think it's a good idea to move that gimble around by hand. It could create slop in the stepper motor they use. I would avoid that. Try the st16 hardware Calibrations. There is a few mentions of it on the forums here on how to access it. But I'm on an iPhone an don't like searching on it. Also quick way to check the position sensors on the st16 is to double tap the battery level on the top left of the green and it will show you the position of each sensor realtime. If you don't know what each position should be don't make assumptions something is wrong. Play with the controls positions so you can learn what normal looks like

Thanks!
Yes, I prefer not to turn the gimbal by hand. I just tried it to see if it would hold the new position and it would.

I will try to find info about calibrating the st16.

I have not found any info of how to perform this function.

If anyone has info concerning this process, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 12.5 minute GPS lock is only if you install a new GPS card. It is not necessary for each flight. When a GPS card is new or has sat for an extended period of time it may not have an updated register, this is when I suggest this action to add that extra step ensuring you have plenty of locked satellites for calibration. All of mine fly solid after doing this. If you are having the problems described, it is your choice to keep doing what you are doing now. "Don't expect different results if you are not willing to do something different".

Some people are obviously not reading what I originally posted. Like you said above, I too said I wait for 12.5 minutes on the first flight at a new location, not each flight. I totally agree with what you've said here in your post and wish people were a little more open minded to points of view. Saying the information I provided is garbage is just plain rude.

Reactions: Hjerde63
Some people are obviously not reading what I originally posted. Like you said above, I too said I wait for 12.5 minutes on the first flight at a new location, not each flight. I totally agree with what you've said here in your post and wish people were a little more open minded to points of view. Saying the information I provided is garbage is just plain rude.
No your post was very misleading so it was garbage as far as I was concerned, if your going to post information make sure its accurate and yours was not.

On a side note.... the clock is still off an hour.. I laugh because its trivial but hey thanks to the East Coast Time zone it fixes my Central time zone living. But it will all fix itself tell next year in a few days when we fall back. Other than thatvthe upgrade went great and the new features work like they should.

No your post was very misleading so it was garbage as far as I was concerned, if your going to post information make sure its accurate and yours was not.

My post was not inaccurate. It was an opinion. One you may not agree with and that's fine. I'm not going to continue a pissing march on this forum. I will continue to wait 12.5 minutes on my FIRST flight, when flying in a new location. That way, I can be sure I'm getting a good solid lock on the GPS. If you or other cal hopes to not do that , that's fine. I clearly said why I do this and that was supported by the video. To each his or her own. This is how I choose to do it.

Well good for your Sir.
Enjoy your 12.5 minutes in the winter time. Your newness to flying drones is showing. I do respect your opinion though and hope you have many happy flights
Drone on bud

Time zones, what time zones?
Geographically, China covers 5 time zones...NOT. Their powers that be decided years ago that all of China would be one time zone.

Anyhow, Like Hunter said, I tell my ST-16 I'm in the Eastern zone, not the Central zone, and I'm good to go.

Time zones, what time zones?
Geographically, China covers 5 time zones...NOT. Their powers that be decided years ago that all of China would be one time zone.

Anyhow, Like Hunter said, I tell my ST-16 I'm in the Eastern zone, not the Central zone, and I'm good to go.
GMT is still the best :)

I still got the problem with lost videosignal when putting up the landiggear, will do some more tests, but it happend already at the first flight with this new firmware

My post was not inaccurate. It was an opinion. One you may not agree with and that's fine. I'm not going to continue a pissing march on this forum. I will continue to wait 12.5 minutes on my FIRST flight, when flying in a new location. That way, I can be sure I'm getting a good solid lock on the GPS. If you or other cal hopes to not do that , that's fine. I clearly said why I do this and that was supported by the video. To each his or her own. This is how I choose to do it.
I'm with you Mike. I've worked with GPS, Land, Marine, and Air long enough to know what it takes to get a good 3D, not 2D lock. 12.5 minutes is just from an initial cold start of a GPS or if the GPS has sat unused for 20-30 days, subsequent flights, within 1-3 days should 3D lock in under a minute. I've talked about 12.5 minutes and why it's important but won't get into why satellites transmit navigation data at 50bps or the engineering tricks newer GPS receivers use to decrease cold start time. The problem is that some people take offense to good advice from people with many years of experience gleaned from many costly mistakes. Not sure why that is. That's fine, no one is making anyone do anything, we're just trying to help and save you some bank, take it or leave it. But if you complain about waiting and have a fly away, don't come here whining and belly aching, or blaming the manufacture, suck it up and chalk it up to one of those costly mistakes. Waiting 12.5 minutes whether summer or winter makes no difference to me. I've lived in Michigan my whole life, winter is just a season, camping in the middle of winter in a tent in sub zero temperatures in 5' of snow changes a person. Maybe its bumping the side of the tent and feeling it snow which is nothing more than my frozen condensed breath falling from the inside of the tent. I just have to remember to keep my batteries warm in my sleeping bag before I go flying.
; )

BTW - I use Helmut Elsner's awesome telemetry program on my PC and Mac, saves me a lot of time manually doing in Excel what it does quickly and efficiently.

Greg

I will look into that but like I said then why my Typhoon H is flying fine on firmware 2.21 ? Drifting , strange behaviour in general on 2.25 and after I reverted back to 2.21 all is fine. So how come this could be hardware problem ?
Yes you definitely have a point! have you by chance tried both ways of updating the H firmware? Maybe one or the other give you better result. I'm saying if you only have ever updated your H by downloading the firmware & then put it onto your SD card then into your gimbal maybe try updating it by connecting it to your computer with a USB cable via the GUI!! Hope you all the best of luck with this & can get it fixed without having to send it back to Yuneec!! Otherwise all I could think of is to try a different SD card, First format your SD Card, try to do the whole process using a different computer (Just in case you may have a virus & not know about it that is affecting your firmware update) & literally I think after trying all those along with everything you have already tried I think that the only other possibility is literal MAGIC!!!!! I'd still personally like to know whether others that also have similar problems as you do, have ST16's & H's that are by any chance built during the time frame or at the same assembly location, or by chance if it's possible to find anywhere whether it be documentation you have, possibly by decoding the serial # or MAC Address, or somewhere digitally on your ST16 that you can find a Build Batch # (IE just like with other products if they possibly make or assemble the H's in Batches)

Well good for your Sir.
Enjoy your 12.5 minutes in the winter time. Your newness to flying drones is showing. I do respect your opinion though and hope you have many happy flights
Drone on bud
It has been posted here and other forums regarding the time for GPS lock. If the GPS unit is turned on in the vicinity it was last used and within a few days, the lock will occur in a few minutes. If it is started hundreds of miles from the last use then it will take several minutes. If it is a new GPS or if the unit has had a firmware update (which erases the last position) then it can take up to 12.5 minutes to get a full lock.
In a previous post when some people experienced difficulty with acquiring GPS lock following a firmware update, I posted this information. However, the position after a few minutes may, in fact, be accurate enough to fly. During the first few minutes of flight the GPS will fine tune the exact location. The explanation can be found in a number of places on the net.
Time to first fix - Wikipedia

Please keep differences of opinion civil. This is a place of learning, not bashing. Respect what others say or believe and be courteous in your replies.

Yes you definitely have a point! have you by chance tried both ways of updating the H firmware? Maybe one or the other give you better result. I'm saying if you only have ever updated your H by downloading the firmware & then put it onto your SD card then into your gimbal maybe try updating it by connecting it to your computer with a USB cable via the GUI!! Hope you all the best of luck with this & can get it fixed without having to send it back to Yuneec!! Otherwise all I could think of is to try a different SD card, First format your SD Card, try to do the whole process using a different computer (Just in case you may have a virus & not know about it that is affecting your firmware update) & literally I think after trying all those along with everything you have already tried I think that the only other possibility is literal MAGIC!!!!! I'd still personally like to know whether others that also have similar problems as you do, have ST16's & H's that are by any chance built during the time frame or at the same assembly location, or by chance if it's possible to find anywhere whether it be documentation you have, possibly by decoding the serial # or MAC Address, or somewhere digitally on your ST16 that you can find a Build Batch # (IE just like with other products if they possibly make or assemble the H's in Batches)
Unfortunately GUI woun't connect to H. Windows 10 saying can't recognize device or something like that.. SD card is new, formated and this is the same card used when i installed firmware 2.21 and then 2.25 and then again to 2.21. So I don't see problem here. PC does not have viruses or whatever, Bitdefender is watching.

Unfortunately GUI woun't connect to H. Windows 10 saying can't recognize device or something like that.. SD card is new, formated and this is the same card used when i installed firmware 2.21 and then 2.25 and then again to 2.21. So I don't see problem here. PC does not have viruses or whatever, Bitdefender is watching.

Oh ok yes I actually had the same issue Today with my Windows 10 Laptop saying it wouldn't recognize my & all I had to do to fix it was I unplugged the usb cable from my laptop then plugged it back in but this time instead of choosing USB for connection type I chose COM port or i think it said COM 4 to be exact but it will not work if I try to use it while choosing usb as the connection type. then after that if it doesnt auto connect after choosing COM PORT go to file & press connect & cross your fingers hopefully you'll have luck

Just a follow-up to the question about how to determine if GPS is locked by reading the flight data. Here's a short video a buddy of mine made on how to find the data and where the GPS Lock or non lock data resides.

It has been pointed out by a number of people that that video is quite misleading. The 'GPS Used' true/false column is *not* GPS Lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing