Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware !

Reaction score
Sounds very interesting, tons of cool features. A pleasure to see Yuneec is still working hard on the H !

Reactions: Lumberjack0
Yes!
  • Dual Band Control Redundancy
  • OTA Upgrade
  • Panorama
  • New Camera Features(Burst, Timelapse, Histogram, Metering...)

First of there is no anything about fixing problems that some of us have with previous firmware like drifting and such.

For about these new features they should really explain what exactly each of these features does.
And by looking at that, I am not sure how all this possible without upgrading ST16 and yet I don't see they released new firmware for ST16.

And by looking at that, I am not sure how all this possible without upgrading ST16 and yet I don't see they released new firmware for ST16.

There is a OTA upgrade..... Over the Air, .... so probably (i guess but can not test it right now) your st-16 will automatically receive this functions when connected to this firmware.

Good to see movement in the firmware development. Check it out, early adapters, and let's hear about it.

Drone Ver. 3.0 : Gimbal 1.25 - Autopilot 1.29 - Camera 3.2.24 Apparently forgot to change the release date. :rolleyes:
Note that the ST-16 firmware is NOT updated at this time.

View attachment 3874
So is the update available? It still says 9/26/2016 for the date released.

Bill W.

Typical Yuneec firmware release. Always has the wrong release dates and on a Friday. Should be a interesting weekend of posts :)

People, when you tell the rest of us there is a "new version"
please can we get into the habit of putting the version number in the heading?

Will stop any confusion. (hopefully)

Reactions: Dave Everett
Drone versions (new) - Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.29, Camera:v3.2.24
ST16 version (new) - v03.01.b25
10/28/16

Great features but does this firmware will fix drifting problems that some of us experiencing. No word on that matter

Last edited:
Dual Band Control Redundancy:
When the 2.4G signal is lost, users can control the aircraft through 5.8G Wifi as redundancy
Well, that sounds strange and depends on the reason control is lost, because when link is lost on 2.4GHz, on 5.8GHz is probably gone from longtime already.
That's one reason because video is usually on a shorter wave length: when video degrades there is still full control and it's time to come back.
Ric

Reactions: JB1
Well, that sounds strange and depends on the reason control is lost, because when link is lost on 2.4GHz, on 5.8GHz is probably gone from longtime already.
That's one reason because video is usually on a shorter wave length: when video degrades there is still full control and it's time to come back.
Ric

Yea I have to agree as well, unless they did something behind the scenes to improve that aspect of it.

I have always said that if the H does not know that it level or is not level it will drift.

MODS - can the sticky for this update please START with the YouTube update guide? They make it clear you should clear all FlightMode app data as part of the upgrade. That's not obvious from the release notes, and could cause people problems if they're not properly linked to their machines after an upgrade.

Reactions: zandoli
I have always said that if the H does not know that it level or is not level it will drift.
I am leveling H on the floor with level tool. I put flat panel on the floor and with level tool set it to be as level as possible. The same procedure every time. But like I wrote before with 2.25 firmware it was drifting but not drifting like you mean. When you move stick forward it will go slightly lef or right and after you go for hard stop it will do drifting circles before stabilize. That is what I mean drifting. So after i tried everything , calibrating this calibrating that dozen time and reinstalling firmware, finaly I decided to revert back to firmware 2.21 as this was firmware that was fine for me. And now after 6 flights all is well. Hopefuly will be with this new firmware. If not , don't really no what to do except send it back to service.

One thing I noticed on the ST16 upgrade, the Flight Mode App short cut in the pad view is gone but you press the home button and it takes you back without having to restart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval