Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

Not sure I want my H updating automatically. Suppose they decide to take away features that I use --such as, when I am in remote rural area, removing the geo-fence ceiling. That would peeve me all to ****.
This latest firmware left my original geo fence numbers I input via the GUI post 3.0 update. That up date did reset the the geo fence to "stock" settings but they are for safe mode not angle. It's easy to check. They will always set the default to FAA numbers - 400' max altitude but again that's only in safe mode.

This latest firmware left my original geo fence numbers I input via the GUI post 3.0 update. That up date did reset the the geo fence to "stock" settings but they are for safe mode not angle. It's easy to check. They will always set the default to FAA numbers - 400' max altitude but again that's only in safe mode.
Not completely true: distance limit is for safe mode only, altitude limit is for angle also.

Not completely true: distance limit is for safe mode only, altitude limit is for angle also.
That's good to know. I thought safe mode defaulted to 200' altitude (not sure where that came from in my reptilian brain but probably leftover 350 qx thinking) all the time. Regardless, 400' is still pretty high and honestly my videos of more eye level views are way cooler than any high shots. Plus low crashes can be less damaging

I was having the same problems with the camera upload failing to . So after watch video from yuneec uk on how to reset the h . I got firmware 1.28 downloaded on plugger h into pc and uploaded new firmware and reset the h . now I was having problems uploading new firmware so after reading forums again , you have to go into pad downloads and delete 41 meg file that is the h update and then upload new firmware again and success .

Distance can be set to 2500m, only working in smart mode. Altitude can be set from 20 to 1000m, working both in smart and angle mode.
What I do is to set distance to 200m, in the case I fly with the wizard in smart mode, to avoid it going too much far. I have thought to mount the wizard on a friend's dog, but then was worried in the case the dog start to run though trees etc = : D
Altitude is set to maximum. It happens often that nice subjects need to climb a lot (landslides, etc.).
And yes, the new firmware did reset geofence to default.

Distance can be set to 2500m, only working in smart mode. Altitude can be set from 20 to 1000m, working both in smart and angle mode.
What I do is to set distance to 200m, in the case I fly with the wizard in smart mode, to avoid it going too much far. I have thought to mount the wizard on a friend's dog, but then was worried in the case the dog start to run though trees etc = : D
Altitude is set to maximum. It happens often that nice subjects need to climb a lot (landslides, etc.).
And yes, the new firmware did reset geofence to default.
I for one can't believe you can go over 8000'. Pretty sure that's not VLOS anymore. I've yet to try the wizard and need to learn it but been mostly distracted with learning new features with firmware update.

Not sure I need or want these changes. If that is all, then I will wait.
I uploaded the new firmware and I'm pretty excited about the new features. The ability to quickly alter the exposure, 3 new auto settings for exposure. I do not use photographs much as I own a video production company so I use the 4K all the time. I've seen no glitches with the new firmware so far.

Is anyone getting a message that there is no firmware on the SD card. I have downloaded the firmware for the ST16 & H twice. Have loaded the firmware on the ST16 2 times. But when I try to update the H, I get the no firmware on SD Card. Are we suppose to unzip the files before installing? The zip file has 2 files inside, a zzz file and a txt file. Any help would be appreciated. ST16 shows system version: st16_system_v03.01.b27, Transmitter version: st16_tx_v00.24, Radio version: st16_rf_v01.10.

Typhoon H Gimbal Version: V1.25, AutoPilot version: V1.29, Camera Version: V3.2.24(A), no RealSense

Thanks in advance,

Little Red Wagon

Is anyone getting a message that there is no firmware on the SD card. I have downloaded the firmware for the ST16 & H twice. Have loaded the firmware on the ST16 2 times. But when I try to update the H, I get the no firmware on SD Card. Are we suppose to unzip the files before installing? The zip file has 2 files inside, a zzz file and a txt file. Any help would be appreciated. ST16 shows system version: st16_system_v03.01.b27, Transmitter version: st16_tx_v00.24, Radio version: st16_rf_v01.10.

Typhoon H Gimbal Version: V1.25, AutoPilot version: V1.29, Camera Version: V3.2.24(A), no RealSense

Thanks in advance,

Little Red Wagon
I was getting this. Reformated couple times and no go. Then on the ST16 i went to file manager I belive and there to see card content and it showed some files and directories that shouldn't be there as I formated card. So i deleted those while card is on the ST16 and right after that .yuneec file was finally recognized. Try it. Hope it will work for you too.

Remember that if you just pop a card out of your reader/tablet/pc without properly unmounting it, then it might be unreadable in other machines. It's good practise to Unmount or Eject a card before removing it.

Sometimes the ST-16 also fails to mount a card when it's inserted. Check in Pad mode, using the android settings screen to see if you can see the SD Card (under 'storage' I think).

Yep. Mine too didn't recognized but then I again reformated in PC and finally recognized. Then on ST16 again showed no firmware and then I removed those dirs and files and finally started upgrade

I reformatted the card in the ST16. Checked the card in storage under Settings. Unmounted the card. Copied the 2 files from my download folder onto the SD card. Ejected the card from the card reader on my PC. Placed the card into the ST16, then powered on the ST16. After power up I performed the update through system settings on the ST16. Everything seems to be okay at that point. Unmounted the card from the ST16 and placed it into the H. Powered on the H and waited for it to connect to the ST16. Everything looks okay and says that I am connected. Went to system settings, selected update on the H. It still doesn't recognize the firmware. Can you update the H with a straight connection to a PC?

They will always set the default to FAA numbers - 400' max altitude but again that's only in safe mode.

After Update to 3.01&b27 nothing changed for me. Still the same old user-settings, but now,
the first pilots have a problem to fly higher then 400'. It seems Yuneec has done a fix limitation.
The user-settings in the GUI will be ignored.

I will have to try again later. I have tried unzipping and not unzipping, but it still didn't work. I am having to charge my ST16 battery now since I have run it down to 30% trying to install this update. Seems odd that the last update released in Oct worked fine the first time through. But this one will not go at all. Thanks for everyones help. May have to ask later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge