Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Guy!!!

Reaction score
Just found this forum and wanted to stop in and say HI!!! I'm located in central Pennsylvania and just purchased a Typhoon H. What are some of the first mods that are necessary to purchase for it, if any? I have seen some videos saying the range on them is not that good, will better antennas help this enough to justify purchasing them? I haven't even received it yet but should have it early next week. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!

I get good range from my stock antennas, but I am one that likes to keep the unit in my line of sight at all times.
Straight out of the box, the unit really does not need anything added to it for flight.

One accessory I would recommend is a Quality battery charger that will put your batteries into storage mode for when you are not flying within a day or 2. You will also need to get the adapter(s) to link your batteries to the typical Lipo charger.

You could look into a set of ND filters for the camera, think sunglasses for your camera.

Congratulations on your purchase, and WELCOME to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum! The range is good - if anything understated. Other companies advertise the max range their drones can fly, while Yuneec likes to promote the safe ranges (within visual line of sight) - which means it will almost always fly beyond the stated range. Most people why fly a lot will invest in a range extender like an Itelite or 4hawks, better batteries and a good balancing dual lipo charger and a set of lens filters. Also a good memory card of at least U3 and 90mbs for good consistent video. A good investment is a full set of spare props and watch plenty of videos.

It's always a good idea not to go to far out beyond battery limitations. Yes it's capable of going a long distance, but will you make it back before your battery decides to poop out?
I've decided to insert the latest of the Typhoon H manual for new folks that come aboard, I'm hearing some have it and some don't.
It;'s imperative you understand the ins and outs of the H.
Top of page 21 is very important to understand. Many H's have met their fate because not knowing the consequences.
In othere words, it is best to stay away from Smart mode and fly in Angle mode.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
Thanks everyone. Over the last few days I have watched just about every video on YouTube that has the words Yuneec Typhoon H in the title. I like to do alittle research on anything I get into. I also already purchased a few extra batteries and a DY3 charger that seems pretty good. Can’t wait for the actual drone to arrive next week!!!

It's always a good idea not to go to far out beyond battery limitations. Yes it's capable of going a long distance, but will you make it back before your battery decides to poop out?
I've decided to insert the latest of the Typhoon H manual for new folks that come aboard, I'm hearing some have it and some don't.
It;'s imperative you understand the ins and outs of the H.
Top of page 21 is very important to understand. Many H's have met their fate because not knowing the consequences.
In othere words, it is best to stay away from Smart mode and fly in Angle mode.

Yes, I seen this in a bother thread this morning and printed it out. Thank you for the info!!!

Ok, so I got my Typhoon H today and it’s amazing. I love it. Now my next question would be what video editing software do you all use? I would like to make just simple videos of the family out on the boat or riding the side by side or just simple things like that. Any suggestions. I know how to use a computer but I’m not like a software genius or anything.

HD movie maker pro - $10 and worth every penny. Move maker for windows 10 works nice as well. Davinci resolve 15. Also with time you will need to be familiar with programs like VLC and handbrake. Google can answer any questions you have about what and why with these programs, millions of instructional videos online.

Just found this forum and wanted to stop in and say HI!!! I'm located in central Pennsylvania and just purchased a Typhoon H. What are some of the first mods that are necessary to purchase for it, if any? I have seen some videos saying the range on them is not that good, will better antennas help this enough to justify purchasing them? I haven't even received it yet but should have it early next week. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!
A

Also new west coast Snohomish Washington, and ordered one on Friday with a Wednesday delivery.

I got mine on Monday and absolutely love it. You’ll have a blast with it. Wish I would have got it sooner because the weather is horribly cold in PA right now but I still managed to get some time in the air with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital