Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New H, never used, sat for a year

Here’s a thought, take the different H-480 systems apart and break them down to the individual component level, including the controllers, and compare them. Should you find any, report the differences aside from what was previously described.

There’s a word to describe people that believe everything they see in advertising, regardless of the product advertised. Advertising is designed to entice people to buy a product, with considerable latitude in veracity exercised to achieve that goal.
Nope just bought it for extra battery and backpack, to me Real sense is a gimmick to me,

The response by @PatR above in post #15 is the gospel. Everyone should read and understand it to have a full view of all of the different Typhoon H aspects and/or differences.

The response by @PatR above in post #15 is the gospel. Everyone should read and understand it to have a full view of all of the different Typhoon H aspects and/or differences.
Most of what he said has been discussed on here.

to me Real sense is a gimmick to me,

I view it similarly. An expensive, seldom used accessory intended to entice the inexperienced buyer.

Perhaps it stems from being relatively “old”. The methods used to sell things have’t really charged, only the presentation has been refined and become more deceptive. If you’ve been around “awhile” you’ve seen it all before and recognize things for what they truly are.

I view it similarly. An expensive, seldom used accessory intended to entice the inexperienced buyer.
That's a fair comment. When I first looked at Yuneec typhoon they were too expensive £1500, then they went down to almost half price, it seemed too good to miss, and coming from an Upair with no support, the copter was a major step up, superior in all respects.

Yeah I know but it still amazes me that many still don't know the differences. It never hurts to have the facts repeated among all the chatter.
The main problem is Yuneec Europe and UK print the box with pro on it, but then again perhaps they market here different like many other products worldwide,

It's more a problem of system knowledge. A lot of people do not understand what they have and use descriptions that are inaccurate. The Typhoon H and Typhoon H Pro are for general purposes the same H-480 aircraft. Both the Typhoon H and Typhoon H Pro use the same 14.8V 4S LiPo battery and can carry either the CGO3+ or CGO-ET cameras. Some get further confused when they describe their controller for those aircraft, calling one an ST-16 and the other an ST-16+. Again, their controllers are essentially the same unit. With both the aircraft and controllers the difference is simply 1 external item added to the aircraft or controller. The H Pro is different from the standard H because of the addition of a Real Sense module at the bottom rear of the aircraft. The ST-16 controller for the Pro had a third external antenna added to the top of the controller, which for some reason caused people to believe made it more superior and so started calling it a "+". As far as funtionality is concerned both the ST-16 and ST-16+ are identical as the original two external antenna version of the ST-16 has the third antenna inside the transmitter case. Neither the ST-16 or ST-16+ can be used to control an H Plus. To re-cap, both the H and H Pro, ST-16 and ST-16+ are the same aircraft and controller, having only externally mounted equipment differences. They all employ the same basic hardware and use exactly the same cameras, batteries, and firmware.

The H Plus is a completely different system, larger in size (520mm) using a different camera (C-23), different flight control system, along with the ST-16S flight controller that employs many internal changes. The ST-16S cannot be used to control an H or H Pro. The Typhoon H Plus uses a 15.2V 4S LiHV battery but can make use of the original H and H Pro 14.8V batteries but experiences a shorter flight time when doing so. Extra vigilance needs to be employed when using an H battery with an H Plus as voltage will drop faster and alarm/voltage indicator settings can present differently.

As the LiHV battery is relatively new to the market, those using one need to look for chargers of more recent design. Older chargers will often not have a selection for LiHV as the charger was designed and produced before the advent of higher voltage lithium batteries. When researching products for possible purchase a little extra effort has to be expended to assure the desired selection possesses settings for LiHV in order to fully charge that type of battery. As we often visit sites like Amazon or eBay to review an item for purchase an issue arises where sites like Amazon and eBay frequently do not provide a full product description. We should visit manufacturer websites and conduct a full review of a manufacturer's specification sheets to make accurate decisions, and then visit the sites we make purchases from.
Thanks PatR. It took me nearly 60 hours of research to figure this out and still didn't know if I was getting it right. Most of it here before I got my Black Friday special

The H Pro is different from the standard H because of the addition of a Real Sense module at the bottom rear of the aircraft.

Interesting - that's not how I understood it. In all the examples I saw available to the UK, the 'Pro' referred to the case, the extra battery and the wizard, and could come with or without realsense, as could the standard version. Have I got that wrong ? I bought what was advertised as a 'Pro' version, and don't have Realsense for example, but do have the case, wizard and extra battery pack...

Peripherals don’t make them fly. The difference between a Pro package and a standard H is by snd large peripherals. For the actual flight package those differences come down to an external versus internal antenna and RealSense.

One battery or two? The smart people get one and go elsewhere for better batteries at a cheaper price.

Having a plastic tube installed over the H’s wire 2.4 antennas do nothing for flight performance. They are only cosmetic, added only to make people think they have better antennas. They aren’t, and do nothing for system performance.

The Wizard also came in the basic Color Box package, something I have two of, so there’s no “Pro” advantage there.

Then we come to the case, which for some might actually be a big deal but something that can be purchased separately if and when a need ever arose to be packed as airline baggage.

I almost forgot the additional flat directional antenna tossed into the Pro package. For those that fly legal LOS it serves little purpose and for those that use one improperly it can be cause for a lot of problems.

If non flying widgets are what defines a pro I don’t know what to tell ya. One of my H’s has real dipole aircraft antennas replacing the wire 2.4 antennas, came with a 3 antenna ST-16 and has a custom lens camera. The aircraft started out as a basic unit but I dare say it better fits a “Pro” description than Yuneec’s “Pro” package as it performs flight and image functions better than a standard or Pro version, and does it at less cost than the Pro package.

So if ground based peripherals are going to make or break a deal, I’d have to agree and say, yea, there is a difference in the Pro version, but nothing to brag about.

The ST-16 controller for the Pro had a third external antenna added to the top of the controller, which for some reason caused people to believe made it more superior and so started calling it a "+". As far as funtionality is concerned both the ST-16 and ST-16+ are identical as the original two external antenna version of the ST-16 has the third antenna inside the transmitter case.

I guess it might be better as you can swap the supplied radar (mushroom) antenna for the direct (patch) antenna supplied with the pro version.
Although I'm not positive, I believe the radar one is for general all round use and the patch is for more in one direction but at greater distance?

I guess it might be better as you can swap the supplied radar (mushroom) antenna for the direct (patch) antenna supplied with the pro version.
Although I'm not positive, I believe the radar one is for general all round use and the patch is for more in one direction but at greater distance?
It made superior in only being able to fit range extenders like 4hawks quicker than having to take apart earlier ST16 models.

Peripherals don’t make them fly. The difference between a Pro package and a standard H is by snd large peripherals. For the actual flight package those differences come down to an external versus internal antenna and RealSense.

One battery or two? The smart people get one and go elsewhere for better batteries at a cheaper price.

Having a plastic tube installed over the H’s wire 2.4 antennas do nothing for flight performance. They are only cosmetic, added only to make people think they have better antennas. They aren’t, and do nothing for system performance.

The Wizard also came in the basic Color Box package, something I have two of, so there’s no “Pro” advantage there.

Then we come to the case, which for some might actually be a big deal but something that can be purchased separately if and when a need ever arose to be packed as airline baggage.

I almost forgot the additional flat directional antenna tossed into the Pro package. For those that fly legal LOS it serves little purpose and for those that use one improperly it can be cause for a lot of problems.

If non flying widgets are what defines a pro I don’t know what to tell ya. One of my H’s has real dipole aircraft antennas replacing the wire 2.4 antennas, came with a 3 antenna ST-16 and has a custom lens camera. The aircraft started out as a basic unit but I dare say it better fits a “Pro” description than Yuneec’s “Pro” package as it performs flight and image functions better than a standard or Pro version, and does it at less cost than the Pro package.

So if ground based peripherals are going to make or break a deal, I’d have to agree and say, yea, there is a difference in the Pro version, but nothing to brag about.
Where the battery idea of yours falls down is restrictions, in UK it's almost impossible to get a third party battery and there the same price. Since you are US you have a much less restricted supply chain most times when you online shop here, it's the same old "We don't ship". The price of extra battery, rucksack etc is cheaper than buying them separate, I don't know how they can price that rucksack so expensive.

Interesting - that's not how I understood it. In all the examples I saw available to the UK, the 'Pro' referred to the case, the extra battery and the wizard, and could come with or without realsense, as could the standard version. Have I got that wrong ? I bought what was advertised as a 'Pro' version, and don't have Realsense for example, but do have the case, wizard and extra battery pack...
They seem to market them different in UK and Europe if the websites are to be believed, the US site only shows the Pro as one version with Realsense when I looked last.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz