Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Landing gear Does not fit foam case

Reaction score
I have one of the original Typhoon H that came in a foam case.
Having just replaced both my landing gear motor assemblies after a crash I discovered the H will no longer fit into the foam case. The distance between the landing gear skids has increased by almost 1/2".
Doesn't sound like much, but enough I had to remove the foam pads on the skids, and do a bit of forcing to get her in there.
Will do some measuring later and post some pics. I really don't want to have to cut/sand the case, but I may have to.

Having just replaced both my landing gear motor assemblies after a crash I discovered the H will no longer fit into the foam case. The distance between the landing gear skids has increased by almost 1/2".
Doesn't sound like much, but enough I had to remove the foam pads on the skids, and do a bit of forcing to get her in there.
Will do some measuring later and post some pics. I really don't want to have to cut/sand the case, but I may have to.

Quit complaining and go fly something!

Sorry, could not resist!!!!!

Did they send you the H+ landing gears?

AH,
Not sure, I ordered original H retract motors, and one T skid. The one T skid looks different. Definitely has a wider stance than the original. Will look into it more later.

@NorWiscPilot LOLOL

So I could swear they did not change a thing with gear between the Plus and 480 but the Yuneec sight clearly shows they are new parts. Curious as to why the change made the legs not fit now...

If someone get a chance, could they please measure the distance between the landing gear skids.
Measure center line to center line of the horizontal parts.
I will recheck the retracts I ordered. I do not think there is a difference from the H to the H pro, but maybe there was.

Just checked and the retract motors, and the "T" landing gear skids are the same for the H, H Pro, and the H 520. Same part number anyway.

Just checked and the retract motors, and the "T" landing gear skids are the same for the H, H Pro, and the H 520. Same part number anyway.
Though some parts are now a bit larger for the H?

The one skid has a different design, but same length and all.
Here is the OLD/Original leg.
Old.jpg

Here is the New/Replacement leg.
New.jpg

This is what I measured in between them.
LG1.jpg LG2.jpg
I wish I had not trashed the old retracts, could have seen if there was a difference there.

Attachments

• Old.jpg
    Old.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

Attachments

• _DSC0005a.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 21
  • _DSC0008a.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
YUP, Had them on 180 degrees out.
This is INCORRECT
Incorrect.jpg

This is the way they should face.
Correct.jpg

When I flipped them both around, things now line up in the case.

Duhhhhhhhhh

Just did not pay attention when I was putting parts on.

Fits now.
Fits.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Delta and Rubik

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval