Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New owner, few issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi I'm totally new with Yuneec, we've been flying proffesional for years, but for regulasation in our country we need a Hexa or onto, so we bought the Typhoon H Plus, in reviews the best to buy? Butttt who can we set diafragma? We only can change shutter speed no diafragma????
Is there any way to get stable footage in sportmode? It's really terrible! My 5 years old 3DR solo with gopro is much more stable then the H-plus?! I allready change'd the dampers with good one's from my other drone's, it's slightly better..
It fly's fine, but the output video isn't stable! For photo's I was a little surprised, good quality! But again where can we set/find Diafragma settings? In this way there's no change we can use it for professional way..

kind regards Geert

Note: by 'Diafragma' OP means 'Aperture' !

Welcome to the forum ! :)

On machines that don't have variable Aperture we can control for this using ND filters on bright days. There are lots of people using the H+ for professional work, so this certainly doesn't preclude it...

As for the last point - there is a reason you don't see 360 degree suspended gimbals on race quads - you can't get smooth footage that way - if that's what you want - high speed ultra stable flight footage then the H+ is a bad choice for that - you want a GoPro7 hard-mounted to a racing quad. The H+ is primarily designed to smoothly and evenly travel around getting consumer-level Cinematic footage, and will struggle to maintain even that if you pelt it around in Sports Mode all the time. You would have to fly incredibly smoothly and evenly to get a decent result.

Having said that, I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it so far, so maybe there was something physically wrong with your dampers ? What have you replaced them with just out of interest ?

Last edited:
Cinematic fotage? When you can not set Aperture?? Sure nd’s! We use them all the time! But where can you find good one’s for the c23??
Did you ever see flying an DJI Inspire 2? We fly it with 100km/h, smooth and stable! So yes i’m disopointed with my Thypoon H+... Curtenly when you say its normal.. ??‍♂️?

Yeah, and the Inspire 2 costs how much more ? You're not comparing like for like there...

I guess I am very surprised that a) someone who already has an Inspire 2 would consider the H+ its equivalent in some way, and b) that you didn't discover lack of aperture control in your pre-sale research on the plus...

Last edited:
Yeah, and the Inspire 2 costs how much more ? You're not comparing like for like there...
Oh sorry that’s tru. But my Maviv2 fly’s also 80km/h, for the same price..
Our 3DR Solo is priced 4-500$ and fly’s perfect stable at 70km/h...

Yes, that's true, the Mavic 2s do have Aperture settings, but they are the exception (at that level) rather than the norm I'd say, for that class of camera. Yuneec did make the CGO4 camera which did have aperture control, but that was very much more expensive, and used to come with the H920 which isn't officially available any more.

And I was obviously wrong to recommend race quads and whatnot if you are filming at the sort of level that involves Inspire 2's ! :)

I would expect the GoPro Karma to perform better at speed though - it's on a much stiffer gimbal system, which is fixed direction as well, so it's not bouncing around anywhere near so much as the C23 would. And let's not forget all the OTHER problems the Karma had, which the H+ does not...

But even in Sport Mode the H+ can only do <45 mph, and its camera can't possibly match what is available for DJI's flagship professional level machine, so I guess I'm wondering why you thought the H+ would be suitable for the sort of work you are trying to do ?

Yes, that's true, the Mavic 2s do have Aperture settings, but they are the exception (at that level) rather than the norm I'd say, for that class of camera. Yuneec did make the CGO4 camera which did have aperture control, but that was very much more expensive, and used to come with the H920 which isn't officially available any more.

And I was obviously wrong to recommend race quads and whatnot if you are filming at the sort of level that involves Inspire 2's ! :)

I would expect the GoPro Karma to perform better at speed though - it's on a much stiffer gimbal system, which is fixed direction as well, so it's not bouncing around anywhere near so much as the C23 would. And let's not forget all the OTHER problems the Karma had, which the H+ does not...

But even in Sport Mode the H+ can only do <45 mph, and its camera can't possibly match what is available for DJI's flagship professional level machine, so I guess I'm wondering why you thought the H+ would be suitable for the sort of work you are trying to do ?

Yeah we fly inspire's all the time, but for Belgium drone-law we need a hexa/octo to fly nearby big groups of people.. So we thought dat the Yuneec Thypoon H+ will be a good alternative.. Wrong thought, with this thing we can't do anything on big sets/productions. So we need to invest in some big Hexa/Octo..

...... big sets/productions......

If you showed up to a “big set/production” with a consumer drone you’d be laughed off the property and never called back. You honestly expected an $1800 consumer drone to produce cinematic quality footage/performance?

Your expectation of the platform was unreasonable and your “research” woefully inadequate.

Amateurs?
Haha, it was never our intention to have the same quality as our other drones, we just need very often a hexa to do 1 or 2 shots...
we did a little research, but the Aperture setting we tought it will be availleble at one of the top drones of Yuneec..
For other shoots we hired a M600 or so.. we thougt that this will be a cheaper soulution. Wrong thougt, its just a plastic toy, for consumers, like they said above here.

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
When you say you can't get stable 'footage' is Sport mode, do you mean perhaps that you cannot keep a constant speed or that you find that when changing speed in Sport mode that you are not able to make subtle enough movements to keep the props from popping into the shot? This is going to be more of a pilot technique issue than a drone issue. I will agree that in Sport Mode the sticks are very 'hot' and it takes a bit of practice to push the speeds to the upper limits without getting props into the shot if the camera is at horizon level but one would think that dropping the camera tilt would eliminate virtually all problems.

Do you have any examples of this "unstable" footage? Perhaps there is actually a problem with your particular gimbal or camera so an example would give us the answer.

And as to the comparison to an I2?? 1800 dollars vs over 8000 is not a valid comparison if you ask me, and neither is a Gopro anywhere near the ballpark that a C23 plays in. ? So in the sub 2000 dollar point I think the Plus has little completion when you consider all of it's advantages.

Allow me to defend Yuneec on this one since I also have an i1 and i2 as well as a previous THP owner, but I will be very brief.

Yuneec has a better stability in capturing footage in sport mode as a single operator, because it’s a docile sUAS. The Inspire 1 and 2 you have to get used to the sticks, because it is fast.

With any drone, you need to get used to it. Once you have more flight time with your THP. Your inspire will be collecting dust and you will find yourself flying your THP more. The down side of Yuneec... Welp, I will leave that to another thread and your future field report [emoji38]

..... its just a plastic toy, for consumers, like they said above here.......

Who said it was a ‘plastic toy”? Where did you get that from?

I’m beginning to see the effectiveness of your “research”......

I guess I am very surprised that a) someone who already has an Inspire 2 would consider the H+ its equivalent in some way, and b) that you didn't discover lack of aperture control in your pre-sale research on the plus...

Perhaps that was the entire intent behind the first post, to promote DJI over Yuneec using an I2 as the comparison. Apples and Oranges in many ways. The price alone is a good starting point. New $3500, used $2200, and no camera. Cameras cost extra. A lot extra.

Closing this thread... find another forum to troll.

Reactions: bevangg and Trav H
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval