Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New typhoon out of the box, can't figure out beep error on gimbal "beeeep,beeeep,,,,,,,,,,beep beep beep"

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the site any tips would be awesome! Just got my second typhoon H it is brand new out of the box. I cant for the life of me get the camera to pan or tilt and it continuously jerks and makes a series of beeps. (beeeep beeeep...........beep beep beep) Gimbal will not center makes lots of noise and constantly just looks stuck but I can move it manually. Green light is on camera works and it can take pictures/video. I have searched for error codes with no luck.

Thanks!

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Try this.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpv0603
You guys are great, thanks for quick response. Here is a short video if I didn't explain it well. The beeps do seem to match Yaw encoder. Is that something that could break in shipping/is it replaceable. Seems odd for a new drone but I am obviously not well versed.

IMG_3955.MOV

IMG_3953.MOV

With this being new you need to contact the seller for a replacement. Opening the gimbal will void your warranty.

That’s twice @WTFDproject has beaten me to the punch. BTW he gets the credit for providing the graphic I posted. He and @Steve Carr generated a repository of information for our use. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due, thanks guys!!!

Unfortunately no warranty. It was bought off of ebay, the seller said it was new and it certainly did look new had all the tags and stickers etc does not look damaged at all. But I guess thats what I get. I have a guy at work who is pretty knowledgeable with soldering who could help me if I can give him some instructions.

Found this online..."Yuneec CGO3+ Yaw Encoder. Requires software calibration by a trained technician. $11.99"

Could this be replaced or fixed without sending it to trained technician? Could it just be a loose wire?

Thanks again for the help!

I have to take care of a quick errand, then I will try to find some pictures. Just had a computer meltdown, and may need to make new ones, but I will get something as quickly as I can.

Take a look at your camera, and tell me where you need to start with disassembly instructions. If you need to start from scratch, that is fine.

Now, here is another thought. There may be nothing wrong with your encoder. The main board may have been replaced, and the factory calibration never performed. Or maybe was never performed at the factory to start with. All you can really do at this point is disassemble, and see if something obvious is out of order.

Unfortunately no warranty. It was bought off of ebay, the seller said it was new and it certainly did look new had all the tags and stickers etc does not look damaged at all. But I guess thats what I get. I have a guy at work who is pretty knowledgeable with soldering who could help me if I can give him some instructions.

you know you have a money back guarantee. I would contact eBay immediately then contact the seller and let them know that something is not right here ASAP.
I would be very unhappy with this situation. contact the seller immediately and let him know there is a problem.

I have to take care of a quick errand, then I will try to find some pictures. Just had a computer meltdown, and may need to make new ones, but I will get something as quickly as I can.

Take a look at your camera, and tell me where you need to start with disassembly instructions. If you need to start from scratch, that is fine.

Now, here is another thought. There may be nothing wrong with your encoder. The main board may have been replaced, and the factory calibration never performed. Or maybe was never performed at the factory to start with. All you can really do at this point is disassemble, and see if something obvious is out of order.

No problem, I will work on disassembling in the morning when I can use my buddy's small precision tools if needed. I can slide the gimbal out and take cover off and thats about as far as I have ever done but pictures would be great thanks

I can slide the gimbal out and take cover off and thats about as far as I have ever done but pictures would be great thanks.
Need to understand what you mean by "slide the gimbal out". Do you mean "slide the camera yoke (frame) out of the rear arm", or do you mean "lift the gimbal board itself out of it's mounts". (The gimbal board is the big round piece in the picture above.)

Also, since you mentioned taking the cover off, is there any chance the "Pitch" and "Yaw" connectors are reversed? See the "Special Clarification" section of the drawing above.

And @KEITH KUHN is exactly right. If you have not already made any repair attempts, the very best route is to use eBay problem resolution.

Last edited:

Sorry just meant slide the yoke out of rear arm. I don't actually have it with me left it at work but will check and see if they are reversed and get back to you.

Let me know if you want to repair, or use eBay to get a replacement. If you begin repairs, it will pretty much end any resolution from eBay.

I wouldn’t even bother with it....send it back straight away and get one that works correctly out of the box.

As mentioned above, obtaining a refund or replacement via eBay process would be a more reliable solution, and any work done under the following guidance will make that impossible to obtain.

Consider these possible problems that can generate a Yaw encoder failure when deciding whether to repair or seek settlement via eBay:
1.) Gimbal board itself may be bad.
2.) Gimbal board itself may have been replaced, and never sent for calibration.
3.) Yaw Encoder itself may be bad.
4.) Yaw encoder itself may have been replaced, and never sent for calibration.
5.) Yaw encoder wire may be switched with either roll or pitch encoder wire (not likely, but remotely possible)
6.) Yaw encoder wire may be unplugged.
7.) Yaw encoder wire may be broken.
8.) Any mystery item not identified above.
9.) The document below was prepared by an old man that stayed up until 5:30 AM working on it, and it has been reviewed by NO ONE ELSE to verify accuracy.
Of these, only 5, 6 and 7 can be addressed by local repair. Loss of eBay settlement will be very expensive if the issue is one of the other items on the list.

However, I will be unavailable until late evening East Coast USA time, and I said I would get you some pictures. I've pretty much convinced myself that I wish I had not made this promise, but done is done. Here is the document. Feel lucky?

Attachments

• Access CGo3+ Yaw Encoder.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Nice work!

Reactions: mpv0603
As mentioned above, obtaining a refund or replacement via eBay process would be a more reliable solution, and any work done under the following guidance will make that impossible to obtain.

Consider these possible problems that can generate a Yaw encoder failure when deciding whether to repair or seek settlement via eBay:
1.) Gimbal board itself may be bad.
2.) Gimbal board itself may have been replaced, and never sent for calibration.
3.) Yaw Encoder itself may be bad.
4.) Yaw encoder itself may have been replaced, and never sent for calibration.
5.) Yaw encoder wire may be switched with either roll or pitch encoder wire (not likely, but remotely possible)
6.) Yaw encoder wire may be unplugged.
7.) Yaw encoder wire may be broken.
8.) Any mystery item not identified above.
9.) The document below was prepared by an old man that stayed up until 5:30 AM working on it, and it has been reviewed by NO ONE ELSE to verify accuracy.
Of these, only 5, 6 and 7 can be addressed by local repair. Loss of eBay settlement will be very expensive if the issue is one of the other items on the list.

However, I will be unavailable until late evening East Coast USA time, and I said I would get you some pictures. I've pretty much convinced myself that I wish I had not made this promise, but done is done. Here is the document. Feel lucky?

You are the man. I will let you know what I find out. It was given to me as a replacement so I do not have purchase info but looks like we are going to try and fix it ourselves. If it was up to me seems that the ebay route is the smart way to go but not an option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123