Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie, what do I do with video?

RedHat's Fedora workstation has a great flavor of it's OS tailored to video editing. All for free. Good editor, good tools, good OS. If you have a spare computer (or another hard drive in a computer you could use for dual-boot) then it's worth a look-see.
Other than this, make sure you start as a beginner... use lots of star wipes, page turn transitions, sparkly overlays, and Comic Sans for all of your CG pages. Oh, and make sure you put terrible music that appeals to only YOU as a sound track. LOL ;)
Music is really all I'm looking to add to the vids, and you are right, most of the music attached to the vids on YouTube is terrible.

Reactions: kd4pbs
And it's all normalized to 0dBFS instead of the standard -20 to -16dBFS it seems. Nothing like making the music way too loud to make a good aerial footage video. It really helps accentuate the star wipes and page turns.

If I upload the vids to YouTube, can I add music to the video right on YouTube? Or do I need to use an editor and upload it again after i add the music?

If I upload the vids to YouTube, can I add music to the video right on YouTube? Or do I need to use an editor and upload it again after i add the music?
You can use the YouTube music library. Edit your footage so that you know how long it is then go to the library and download a track of the right length, then put the track into your edit. Then render and upload to youtube.

Are you able to just plug in the SD card to the TV and it works? I have a 4K tv also, but not a 4K computer so the vid on the comp is laggy. I thought about getting a USB SD reader and plugging it directly into my TV, but someone else on here said it didn't work.
Two ways... Since i have a Smart TV with USB jacks, I got a long USB cable and untuck it from the back and just insert the SD card into a reader (like this https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Micro...f=sr_1_45?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1503408048&sr=1-45 ) and switch the TV to play the SD card.
I can also plug the reader into my DVD Blue Ray Player and play form there.
BTW... I use Pinnacle Studio 17 for editing and adding Music.
BTW2...Here is a site for Free Music to add to your videos
Free Music Resource for Your Videos

Here's another way to view your videos on a TV. If you have a smart TV (like a recent Samsung) and a reasonably good computer and network with WiFi, you can wirelessly stream your video from the computer to the TV. You need to make sure the TV is seen by your WiFi system. The magic is in Windows Media Player. It contains the DLNA server to allow streaming to your WiFi network. Let WMP see all your computer drives that contain videos or photos. Then go to your smart TV and change source to the computer and drill down to your videos. With my system, we are able to stream 4k video smoothly. So, it can be done.

By the way, I have been using Cyberlink PowerDirector for years and find it to be very good.
And yes, editing is the hard part. Also, finding appropriate music to enhance the video can be a challenge. I enjoy the process, however. I hope you will too.

Here's a how-to article:
How to stream media from your PC to your HDTV over Wi-Fi

Ok, so if anyone has read my posts, I'm a newbie and really no clue what I'm doing. That's ok by me, you don't learn how to do stuff without doing it. Now that I'm able to take cool vids, pics, etc. what do I do with them as a newbie? I have to get into editing because watching vids with no music, or incomplete 5 min vids is boring. So what do I need to use as a beginner to learn editing, etc.?
Ok, so if anyone has read my posts, I'm a newbie and really no clue what I'm doing. That's ok by me, you don't learn how to do stuff without doing it. Now that I'm able to take cool vids, pics, etc. what do I do with them as a newbie? I have to get into editing because watching vids with no music, or incomplete 5 min vids is boring. So what do I need to use as a beginner to learn editing, etc.?
Check out DroneVX.com. You can sell your videos there.

Not aimed at you, Steve. I just quoted you for background.

The trial version of Wondershare has a heavy watermark in it's rendered footage so the free version of Wondershare is only good for evaluation...you won't get anything usable out of it unless you pay for it. However, I have it and I thought it was so good that I paid for it. It was one of the easier editors to learn but still isn't a slouch in producing a good video.

yes, there are better editors out there. I've tried some of them. Some are difficult to learn, some are resource hungry so won't run properly on older computers or computers that don't have 'guts'. Wondershare offers a good compromise: You pay for it. It's not so resource hungry as some out there, not too difficult to learn, and produces pretty good results.

All that said. If you have a good 'gutsy' computer with plenty of horsepower (at least 16 Gb memory and a i7 processor and good graphics card with good memory on it), the I recommend Davinci Resolve. More difficult to learn than Wondershare but has all the things in it that you are ever likely to use.

I agree about the editing. You have to be ruthless in throwing away stuff. Anything much above 3 minutes is in danger of being repetitive. Only produce anything much longer if you feel you can hold your audience's attention...remember that what interests you may be bloody boring to someone else. As PatR says, go for shorter segments. Often, producing a good edited video is hard if you haven't got good source footage to work with. So, if you intend to edit your footage, then keep in mind what you are looking to produce from the flight: A bit of planning can go a long way to help you in the editing stage.

The longest video I've produced was 10 minutes long. Typically my videos are between 1 minutes and 4 minutes long, peaking at just over 2 minutes.
I agree even a non Oscar wining guy like me can figure it out

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the guys that contributed to this thread and Pat I have to say sorry, I repeatedly see you helping and sharing all the time with very useful info, so again sorry for snapping at you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430