Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NFZ - Am I nuts?

Reaction score
I have filled out the form and received a personal information file in return from Yuneec.

I downloaded the instruction sheet from the kink I received in the NFZ unluck email. Bought a WINDOWS10 laptop since my MAC with Parallels with WIN10 would not work. Uploaded drivers and software, installed the drivers, the launched the software with my H+ connected. The app recognizes the communications USB but now the program crashes with a message saying there was a problem and MS would send a message if there is a fix.

Should I sit back and wait more time for Yoneec or just strap myself to the H+ and crash it into a wall?

Help me!

You have to input the unlock keys manually. By tapping, God knows how many times at the home button.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^

BTW, I used a Mac with no issues. They emailed me a file with a form to fill out. I filled it out, emailed it back with my 107 and got another email within about 30 minutes with the code.

I got to the place to enter the code by going to the screen that show the product number. Tapped on it once and got the screen shown above.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^ [emoji1427]

I got to the place to enter the code by going to the screen that show the product number.

I wonder if the techs are sending GUI method for the H?

Thanks, I think that is the problem. Great to learn after wasting the entire day on this.
Yes, it's sad. There was another post a few days ago with the same instructions from Yuneec. Must have a new tech answering the phone.

1) Turn on control and drone
2) navigate to the ••• and tap on product ID
3) type your given keys without the dash

Reactions: Phaedrus
I simply copied and pasted that from RPR's post some time ago. I added tags to that post as well as this one so it will show up in a search. Tags are located directly under the title at the top of the page and are often overlooked when creating a thread. They are important for searches.

Yeah, man.. titles is everything and that reminds me. I should also start putting relevant titles. When I do a search 9/10 you post comes up @Steve Carr and also 9/10 it’s the topic that I am looking for.

@Steve Carr or @Phaedrus I think you guys should write the steps, with a title that's easy to search..

To use your NFZ unlock code for your TH+
1. Copy the code given by Yuneec CS.
2. Throw the instructions from Yuneec CS in the circular file.
3. Power on ST-16S then TH+.
4. Navigate to … and select Product ID.
5. Enter key from step 1 without the dashes.

The issue is they do not have clear instructions on their website making it clear that the H and H+ are done differently. The email instructions I got, once I figured out the stuff on their site does not apply to the H+, were easy to use.

Reactions: Steve Carr
One thing you should add to the instructions:

NOTE: The NFZ unlock code only works with build 784 and later firmware versions.

What has changed to the present build?

Not sure about the present build but I am pretty sure that prior to the release of 784 there was no unlocking of the NFZ's. Since information from Yuneec is what it is, I am basing this on the fact that I cannot get my product key to open as you show in the photo above. One tap, five taps, fifty taps - nothing. I am on the firmware that was released at the beginning of last august. Build 784 and the unlock capability came in October. I am guessing as far as the NFZ unlock process goes - all subsequent updates after 784 have that capability.

I guess I’ll have to call them. I tried submitting the web form with no luck. It asks for a product ID so I entered what the controller told me....XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (in three boxes, without the dash) but it didn’t like it, told me to get the ID from the GUI, which I don’t have. Also said the unlock was only good for 90 days....so have to unlock it quarterly?

The second half of the process is easy....once you have what you need from Yuneec the key box, like pictured above, pops up by tapping the Product ID just once.....it’s getting what I need from Yuneec is the problem now.

Build 784

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval