Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NFZ removed but H wont fly towards airport.

Reaction score
I have run into an anomaly and I am hoping someone might have some insight. I have a job just 1.5 NM south of SAT in San Antonio. I am part 107, and filed for auth through LAANC. Got approved to fly no issue. I have already gotten the full patch and removed the NFZ 6 months ago, and I have flown in confirmed NFZs before and after the install patch it allowed me to fly in those areas with no issue. But this time it would take off and would not fly towards the airport. Period, it wouldn't even correct its position as the wind was out of the north. I tried a buddies back up H with the restrictions removed (totally independent of my installation) and had the exact same issue. Anyone have any insight or similar issue?

Any chance you are in the Special Use Airspace in that area.

The other possibility is that you may have the 90 day NFZ lift instead of the full lift a 107 is eligible for.

Any chance you are in the Special Use Airspace in that area.

The other possibility is that you may have the 90 day NFZ lift instead of the full lift a 107 is eligible for.

They only gave me a 90 day.....I’ll have to get a new code this summer.

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
I gave Yuneec my full credentials, FAA waver from 2 of my employers, Part 107, and my site coordinates, as well as letters signed by my site safety foreman. The same format, as I give to DJI. My Yuneec drone has no time limitation.

The form they sent me to fill out and return, with my credentials, stated in the date that 90 days was the max.

Here is what my waiver said!

2 years? [emoji23] The FAA doesn’t word it in that manner. They have a start date and end date.
“On the affix date, January 1, 2019 blah blah blah blah which ends on January 1, 2021 blah blah blah”

Here is what my waiver said!

My bad, brah. A waiver from Yuneec. That’s strange, because they did not give me a time limitation.

You guys should call them, this could potentially jeopardize your work.

My understanding, built in the NFZ Patch, there are certain airports you cannot not fly at.
My NFZ has no date limitations.

Only guessing but I suspect you have the recreational NFZ waiver firmware, not commercial.

Did you provide them a copy of your 107 when you submitted the waiver form? If not you received recreational.

Yes, they required a copy of my 107 and an ID....my DL.

This is the form they sent me. Perhaps they’ve changed things?

Attachments

• Yuneec_NFZ_Waiver.pdf
    216.5 KB · Views: 10
Different form from when I did mine. There was no 90 day time frame then.

It result ticks me off that manufacturers think they need to impose regulatory functions when no such regulation is government mandated. That crap just adds more justification for buying or building a custom or semi custom commercial rig even if they require a little more set up time and peripherals.

For about $8k I can buy a rig that can carry just about anything and shoot quality that blows everything at this level away, and it will be totally unrestricted. The folks that are always buying the next latest, greatest will spend more after chasing the next model and have less.

Last edited:

It result ticks me off that manufacturers think they need to impose regulatory functions when no such regulation is government mandated. That crap just adds more justification for buying or building a custom or semi custom commercial rig even if they require a little more set up time and peripherals.

For about $8k I can buy a rig that can carry just about anything and shoot quality that blows everything at this level away, and it will be totally unrestricted. The folks that are always buying the next latest, greatest will spend more after chasing the next model and have less.
I totally agree with you. Regulations in a free country are intended to be met with enforcement AFTER a violation. But this method presumes a nanny state on people. For this reason, I won't use DJI, but Yuneec is creeping more and more towards the DJI policies. I agree on building your own. Its not that hard and you can make a drone do exactly what you want it to do. If you screw up concerning regulations, then you pay the price.
In my opinion, there is no value added with Yuneec putting a NFZ restriction on their products. Somehow, they have been bullied out of fear of government retribution.

Where have you been lately? Custom rigs is the topic 3 yrs ago.

Where have you been lately? Custom rigs is the topic 3 yrs ago.

Some still have no issues with having what they want instead of what a manufacturer is willing to let them have. When you have the ability to shoot a picture from 500’ away that can be cropped to provide a better image than what a Plus can do from close up without a crop, why settle for the lower quality?

If you have the ability to make use of a full frame camera using a 28m-240m zoom lens why settle for having to use cropping in the form of digital zoom for much lower resolution and quality for a similar image?

They need not be custom builds as there are outfits that provide for such capability as a standard for their brand. We do pay more for it though, which I believe to be the real issue. People want cheap or “affordable”, which is why they buy point and shoot cameras or just use their cell phones instead of buying full frame DSLR’s

Some still have no issues with having what they want instead of what a manufacturer is willing to let them have. When you have the ability to shoot a picture from 500’ away that can be cropped to provide a better image than what a Plus can do from close up without a crop, why settle for the lower quality?

If you have the ability to make use of a full frame camera using a 28m-240m zoom lens why settle for having to use cropping in the form of digital zoom for much lower resolution and quality for a similar image?

They need not be custom builds as there are outfits that provide for such capability as a standard for their brand. We do pay more for it though, which I believe to be the real issue. People want cheap or “affordable”, which is why they buy point and shoot cameras or just use their cell phones instead of buying full frame DSLR’s

I was going to comment about custom rigs a while back, neglected not to, because I know that your tapped of what goes on in the commercial drone industry.

Safety ratings, and regulations influenced how we fly and purchase. For heavy lifter operators, specially in the film industry that is accepted are the Alta, Neon, S900, Az UHD, TheBlackdrone Gmb (just got the blessings) and all of DJI M series. These lifters can carry a certified payload rated in the industry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicyberwatch