Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No aperture adjustments?

Reaction score
Is it true you cannot change the aperture on the Typhoon H Plus?

I'm looking for a good hexacopter to use for real estate photography...
I really like the H Plus but I'm afraid it has not the same quick photo settings as a DJI...

Does anyone uses the Typhoon H for advanced photography purposes?

It is f2.8 and that's it. I have had outstanding results with my H Plus shooting real estate. The only time I wish I could make an aperture adjustment, is when I shoot 400' AGL landscape photography. Sometimes I wish the background would be just a little bit more crisp. Even then, I can't really complain. I took a photo not long ago that showed a tall building on the horizon that was like 16 miles away and I could still zoom in on my computer and tell what building it was. Not too shabby if you ask me.

I really can’t understand the need for adjustable aperture for landscape photo/videography with the medium it gets published in.

You can find the offerings by DJI here DJI with adjustable aperture?, but I doubt any are in the relative price range of the TH+.

With the Depth of Field and focal plane that aerial images are used for, aperture is not a factor.

Have you ever seen an aerial shot of an object or landscape with beautiful bokeh?

Aperture control in the camera might reduce the need for ND filters. Being able to adjust the aperture on the fly may provide for better sunset/sunrise photos/videos. I should find out this weekend when I go flying with a buddy of mine who just got the new MP2 with the 1" sensor and aperture control.

@Fred Garvin I haven't seen an aerial shot with bokeh except with some very special UAV rigs that take a DSLR or mirrorless camera aloft. Even then they were rather close up shots not the kind I shoot from a drone.

Aperture flexibility does have benefits, and can be dependent upon what you’re shooting. Not all aerial work is scenic. I often use it with the CGO-4 to make use of aperture priority.

As mentioned by someone else, nobody gets aperture flexibility at H level price points. You can obtain different levels of dynamic range, but not aperture control.

Aperture flexibility does have benefits, and can be dependent upon what you’re shooting. Not all aerial work is scenic. I often use it with the CGO-4 to make use of aperture priority.

As mentioned by someone else, nobody gets aperture flexibility at H level price points. You can obtain different levels of dynamic range, but not aperture control.

And this is part of the reason for the pricing of the 920 model... the capabilities of the CGO-4... ?

Without a doubt, the capabilities of the C23 go well beyond the simple number of pixels available... that increase in dynamic range over the CGO3+ is a big part of raising the bar of overall image quality... particularly in lower light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nvjfirut