Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

no gps lock on typhoon H

Reaction score
Hi gents

I have recently purchased the H and to date after 5 flights, no GPS lock on the remote at all, thus not allowing any of the features wanted?!? it is seeing between 11 and 18 sats but the remote keeps saying acquiring.

Any suggestions? I am in South Africa and have had no issues with other quads in the past.

Thanks

Reactions: Mrpiston
If it says you have X satellites in the left hand column then that is how many the H has locked on to. The top right says how many the ST16 has locked on to. Period, as far as I am aware.
Are you referring to Radio control between H and ST16 or perhaps Wifi ?

The message that says aquiring in my experience is referring to Wifi. There will be some red text whixh onve your H boots up will go and will be replaced by white text.
The top line will tell you of RC is connected. The lower line is for Wifi (video link to enable fpv)
The RC connection is usually very quick. The wifi can take up to 3 minutes to connect the camera.

Not telling you how to suck eggs though :)

Well tried again today, gps still says acquiring and waited 20 minutes whilst flying my DJI without issue!! As long as it says acquiring, the motors will not spool up and no flying. Take it out of GPS mode and it spools and flies, but no RTH, no stable hovering and none of the functions I bought this machine for. Disappointing for now....Yuneec ... comments, replies...help?!?

Attachments

• ST16.JPG
    ST16.JPG
    884.7 KB · Views: 120
Im hating this f&^%g thing!! led flashes yellow, yellow, purple, this sequence not in manual or quick instructions!.

impossible to calibrate, even in wide open spaces, I do as told and lights flash etc, hex reboots , radio does not and immediately thereafter, orange, orange, purple. Frustrated, compass issue on a new hex?

Hi gents

I have recently purchased the H and to date after 5 flights, no GPS lock on the remote at all, thus not allowing any of the features wanted?!? it is seeing between 11 and 18 sats but the remote keeps saying acquiring.

Any suggestions? I am in South Africa and have had no issues with other quads in the past.

Thanks

Hey, I can't believe this I just got my Typhoon H and am also in South Africa I have the exact same issue the drone is not finding sats if I find a certain spot i get it to turn green and say ready but any movement or slight change in the area even as small as a little breeze it looses the sats.

I've tried updating firmware, I can't calibrate cause it immediately goes solid white and fails, its extremely annoying.

Please help us Yuneec maybe we need a gps update or something.

where are you from Nicholas and where did you get yours from? Eu firmware or US?
Does yours also see plenty sats? I get betwenn 10 and 18! I got mine in Paris 2 weeks ago and to date have not flown with GPS at all!!

made a video but cant seem to upload a *.wmv file on here. Sent it to Yuneec tho, waiting endlessly for a response from them. What format does this forum require to upload?

I'm in Jhb edenvale area and you? I got mine in the US also about 2 weeks ago the ST16 get tons of sats but the drone gets 0 I have also not been able to fly with gps I sent them a email still waiting as well. Using US firmware.

Well tried again today, gps still says acquiring and waited 20 minutes whilst flying my DJI without issue!! As long as it says acquiring, the motors will not spool up and no flying. Take it out of GPS mode and it spools and flies, but no RTH, no stable hovering and none of the functions I bought this machine for. Disappointing for now....Yuneec ... comments, replies...help?!?

My H has been ok until today on the 14th flight, I kept getting acquiring GPS although the ST16 was showing was 17 sats, I tried a compass re calibration several times to no avail, I rebooted the ST16 and the Typhoon H also several times, whilst the ST16 is acquiring GPS you cant start the motors even though it showed 17 sats.

Eventually after wasting a hour of trying different procedures I finally got GPS showing instead of acquiring, I thought that's good I can now fly, now bl**dy camera wont connect it took a good 10 minutes before that connected, now once I got it in the air I noticed that it would hover on the same spot ok, but did not want to go in a straight line it kept veering to the right, now I have noticed before this veering to the right slightly from the very first flight out the box but this time its more pronounced making it impossible to get any smooth video because you are constantly correcting its course, it should also be noted the wind was only 2-3mph.

It had all the latest updates already installed out the box and nothing has been changed.

Any ideas what the problem is likely to be my first thought was a faulty GPS unit, but it was showing 17sats, I was not brave enough to test RTH in this situation just in case of a flyaway, It looks like I may have to contact Yuneec CS.

Eventually after wasting a hour of trying different procedures I finally got GPS showing instead of acquiring.

Do you know the exact procedure you did to get to this point?i noticed if I held the drone horizontally in my hand the gps would lock but if I move ever so slightly it goes to acquiring and gives lost gps signal error

Do you know the exact procedure you did to get to this point?i noticed if I held the drone horizontally in my hand the gps would lock but if I move ever so slightly it goes to acquiring and gives lost gps signal error

Unfortunately I've no idea what triggered this problem in the first place or to that point how I eventually got it to show GPS ready, I might have just been lucky after several re-calibrations and rebooting both the H and the ST16, as said previously It does not fly straight now veering to the right quite a bit.

Tonight I've connected the H via the GUI to check if all is well there all the data is correct with no errors showing, so in the model select I've made another copy of the Typhoon H then renamed it Typhoon H copy, selected this one and done a full bind procedure TH and camera, I also carried a accelerometer calibration, tomorrow I'll will do another compass calibration and see if its made any difference to flight performance or indeed check if it goes into acquiring GPS mode again.

I'll report back if it has cured the problem failing that its a return to Yuneec CS.

Ok great,

I heard back from yuneec and they said they are forwarding the info I sent them to the tech department will update when I know more.

Hey,

So I heard from Yuneec today and I must say there service has been excellent very prompt on answering e-mails and very helpful. Apparently this issue is Location based, he said they seem to be having the same issue in South America, he also said they will be sending teams to these locations and will implement a fix in a future firmware update. I'm not sure how long this update will take to come to fruition but if its anything like the service response, I am optimistic it will be sooner rather than later.

Hey Nicholas, so I have been researching this issue, and I believe there is a problem in this area as well as south America. We are currently working on a fix. I do want to let you know that our engineering staff will be flying to these areas and working on a solution which will be implemented in a firmware update.

Ryan Kephart

Training Development Manager | Yuneec USA

That's odd because I'm in the UK, but admit when I experienced the GPS acquiring problem I was in a place I had not flown the H before, but my Q500 4K had flown there before also my phantom had with no problems, hopefully I may get a chance to test the H out tomorrow but it wont be in the same place unfortunately.

Hmm, Not sure it might be something else have you tried the Re-binding? that was one of the solutions the tech guys asked me to try, didn't work for me maybe it will for you, he said if its on Acquiring its most likely a connection issue and just to follow the re-binding instructions should fix it.

Tutorial for re-binding

Yes I tried re-binding several times which made no difference, believe the only way I eventually manage to get it out of acquiring all the time was several reboots of the H and the ST16 but as said previously it did not fly in a straight line veered to the right quite pronounced.

Ok I've tried it and for the first 10 minutes it sat there acquiring and bleeping, switch it of and on again then re-done a compass calibration, eventually the acquiring on the screen changed to ready but it still wont fly in a straight line without making corrections all the time, strange thing is if you fly a fair way out and return flying backwards it come back in a straight line, before I decide to send it back I want to carry out another couple of test flights to rule the wind causing a issue as it was a 18- 22 mph gusting wind today although I flew it directly into the wind to try rule out this could have caused any issues of not flying straight, my gut feeling says its not going to make a significance difference, another issue I did see again today was when the undercarriage was lifted it lost video wi-fi signal, I put the undercarriage back down and wi-fi reconnected after a few minutes move the undercarriage up again this time it was ok, I'm also being more critical with the images the camera takes and like a lot of other users reporting, I think the are a bit soft which seems more noticeable under dull lighting conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval