Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Object avoidance fails

You can check the OBS and all of your other sensors with the GUI interface.

I about pee my pants every 1st flight I do after an update :confused:
I totally understand this. I was going to go out and fly today and the bird ignored the ST-16. I did the update last night cleared the flight data and paired the controller and the "H" did the calibration for the compass and accelerometer. This morning doing the preflight before going out to the area where I test fly and the "H" would not linkup to the controller. Camera linked up but no communication from the bird, not even the GPS count.
I went through did the update again and paired them again and connected to the GUI and double checked everything again. I'll fly tomorrow if it all checks out. My fingers are crossed and I will do the preflight before I head out.

I learned a good tip from a guy in another forum about test flights after a firmware update. Remove the camera till your sure it's stable.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
I learned a good tip from a guy in another forum about test flights after a firmware update. Remove the camera till your sure it's stable.
Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks that's a great tip.

If you are having trouble with the ST-16 recognizing the H, try tipping the drone forward twice. Then, try again. i had that problem with the last update. Two tips forward and it cleared.

Standard Operating Procedure. You have to bind the bird and controller every time you update.

If you are having trouble with the ST-16 recognizing the H, try tipping the drone forward twice. Then, try again. i had that problem with the last update. Two tips forward and it cleared.
Exactly what happend to me as well. Although I binded the ST16 and TH after the update, when I got out into the field the next afternoon it seems they where no longer connected. Without a tutorial in front of me it took a few minutes of puzzeling to figure out how to rebind the transmitter. Fortunately I got lucky and was able to re-establish connection the 1st try.

Yesterday and a few other flights previously, I've had an error right after connection that the object avoidance has failed. This error message sits in the middle of the screen and only hitting the back button on the ST-16 can I dismiss it. I usually fly angle mode and really was in a nice clear field so I wasn't really too concerned until I tried to land and the H bounced and almost tipped on landing. This happened twice yesterday out of the 6 batteries I flew. Each time my battery was at 14.8 volts. I'm not certain what is causing my OBS to fail.
Just to clarify this isn't OBS not available but an actual fail. And not on every flight either.
Thoughts?

Is this with the original TYH or TYH with Realsense? Never had that Problem, except with Realsense...Had to firmware upgrade, now no problems with it. As some say only use it in follow and watch me modes I can say this... I've used it while in flight and when I turn it off sometimes it fly's a little different that before. However the change in flight isn't enough to where it acts horrible or doesn't want to land. Make sure your firmware is up-to-date on the TX and the TYH. If this doesn't fix it your sonar may be bad. Hope this helps!

Is this with the original TYH or TYH with Realsense? Never had that Problem, except with Realsense...Had to firmware upgrade, now no problems with it. As some say only use it in follow and watch me modes I can say this... I've used it while in flight and when I turn it off sometimes it fly's a little different that before. However the change in flight isn't enough to where it acts horrible or doesn't want to land. Make sure your firmware is up-to-date on the TX and the TYH. If this doesn't fix it your sonar may be bad. Hope this helps!

It is with the realsense. I do have other information on this issue as of Friday when I went and flew on a beautiful calm and warm(er) evening I got the error right away and clicked off on OBS, got the failed error then took off got about 30 feet further up and out about 60 ft and turned it to neutral and then to on and it came back as available.
I thought oh so this is the issue! Landed perfectly. Ran a second battery through and did the same procedures, no go. Would not activate ( or turn off) landed and scraped up two of my props as it tipped immediately upon landing.. no chance to even kill the motors.
Just when I thought I had this issue understood.
I'll keep looking for an answer.

I have the latest firmware on both too and keep getting this failure message during flight and on ground.
I don't even use OBS so why could it be doing this?

Was getting this all the time when first using the h (testing ) after checking all updates ( only 1 not up to date was auto pilot ) and then did all calibrations in an open area and it now works perfect

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech