Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

obstacle avoidance not available

[QUOTE="xenoranger, post: 92626, member: 9456"

But, why is the OBS switch a 3 position switch? Shouldn't it just be pin or off?[/QUOTE]
The number of positions is whatever Yuneec wants them to be. If you noticed, just about every switch on the H is a 3 position switch. Looks to me like they were minimizing parts count.

I had this issue when I first unboxed my H. I upgraded firmware twice, first time did not take. After the second attempt everything was working as it should.

Here's the bad news, I can't remember if this happened before or after the newest firmware update. If I were to guess, I don't believe it happened before the update. What's happening is when I boot up the ol' ST16 and let the "H" boot up I immediately receive a warning tremor with the words "WARNING!!!---OBS. Avoidance is not available." I've tried smart mode (which I never fly in----to weird), I've tried angle mode. I've been grounded, I've been in the air. No matter the situation, I get that warning when flipping the switch. Simply won't turn on.

Anyone else having this happen? I'm not seeing anything about this issue anywhere.
Also, first post, so be easy on me. I've owned the "H" since May, so I'm pretty familiar with most of the quirks. Its not a huge deal to me if it doesn't work, hardly use it anyway, and it doesn't affect the flight, but it is quite annoying having to get past the warning every time I start it up. Thanks in advance. View attachment 2044

I got the warning today, I did not freak out. I hit the back button and it cleared. I was in Los so I did not worry, I was just very careful. Another day I will recalibrate to see if it helps. I have come to realize that I don't completly trust the machine.
We all must be very careful.
Keith Kuhn

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith, I have a slightly different take on it.

When I get a compass error I believe something is amiss even if it’s brief and I’m not near anything that might normally cause a compass error. I don’t panic as being panicked solves nothing. I will land as quickly as I can. I then will remove the props and camera and perform a compass calibration starting with the nose of the H facing north.

After a flyaway I now calibrate the compass before the first flight of the each day. I will also wait 13-15 minutes on the ground without props spinning to ensure the GPS almanac is fully refreshed and accurate. If I have 16-20 GPS sats then I take off and enjoy flying. I consider this cheap flight insurance.

Yes, I’m overly cautious but I’d rather be flying than playing Yuneec tech repairing what’s broken after a crash.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Keith, I have a slightly different take on it.

When I get a compass error I believe something is amiss even if it’s brief and I’m not near anything that might normally cause a compass error. I don’t panic as being panicked solves nothing. I will land as quickly as I can. I then will remove the props and camera and perform a compass calibration starting with the nose of the H facing north.

After a flyaway I now calibrate the compass before the first flight of the each day. I will also wait 13-15 minutes on the ground without props spinning to ensure the GPS almanac is fully refreshed and accurate. If I have 16-20 GPS sats then I take off and enjoy flying. I consider this cheap flight insurance.

Yes, I’m overly cautious but I’d rather be flying than playing Yuneec tech repairing what’s broken after a crash.

I AGREE I WOULD RAHER BE FLYING LIKE THIS BELOW.
HAVE A PEEK.
KEITH

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my