Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Orbit Mode

Reaction score
OK, so I've searched for an answer numerous times and don't seem to find: I've tried Orbit Mode a few times and the default speed is waaaay too fast for my taste. And, I tried bumping the left stick back to slow the speed as someone has posted about doing in CCC Mode. But, no luck. Anyone else know how to slow the speed of this fine bird during Orbit, or for that matter, POI ?

Frankly, I didn't even think to try that while it was orbiting. I've just gotten accustomed to leaving my slider at half. But, my understanding of the slider (being an old-time RC helipilot) is it's simply a variable rate for input on the sticks. But it certainly could be programmed that way...the whole mode thing is a brand new ballgame. I will give it a shot. Thanks!

Frankly, I didn't even think to try that while it was orbiting. I've just gotten accustomed to leaving my slider at half. But, my understanding of the slider (being an old-time RC helipilot) is it's simply a variable rate for input on the sticks. But it certainly could be programmed that way...the whole mode thing is a brand new ballgame. I will give it a shot. Thanks!
Exactly! and if you adjust the stick speed input control, it will slow/speed up the H's response to stick commands! Let me know if that works for you !

Somebody already reported that here somewhere a while back but not a link to the video, thanks!

You may increase and decrease speed using aileron input (right stick - left or right inputs) Larger the input increases speed.

I was playing with orbit today and could not change the speed.
right stick left or right just tells it what direction to orbit.
right stick up or down changes circle radius.

I read the docs also and no mention of speed control

Am I missing something?

I was playing with orbit today and could not change the speed.
right stick left or right just tells it what direction to orbit.
right stick up or down changes circle radius.

I read the docs also and no mention of speed control

Am I missing something?
Right stick left and right doesn't do it ?

Last edited:

I will have to try it again, right / left sticks tell it what direction to travel.
Maybe I'll try just tapping the stick next time and see if it starts out slower.

Seems like there are so many sticks, knobs and buttons.
What did my Phantom seem so easy to fly. LOL

You can change the speed in orbit mode once you start it in its direction, quickly tap the right stick the opposite direction the H is traveling in and let the stick return to center. Each time u do this it will decrease the speed. If you want to increase speed tap in same direction to achieve desired speed or hold in that direction and will go back to full speed. This is similar to what I figured out for cable cam except you are using the right stick for orbit mode.

This is what I posted for cable cam previously :

This is what works for me.

After you set your waypoints try these steps.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing.
Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.

Reactions: Vegasrobbi
OK guys thanks for the help with orbit mode, yes a quick flick of the stick will change the speed.
It's a little tricky but doable.

It's getting dark here and this H looks like a friggin Xmas tree flying around, I love it.
Several of my neighbors are out BBQing and waving cause they no its me with a new bird.

I also gave the Journey mode a quick try. I'm assuming you have to manually snap your own picture or video
as it did not do it on its own.

You can change the speed in orbit mode once you start it in its direction, quickly tap the right stick the opposite direction the H is traveling in and let the stick return to center. Each time u do this it will decrease the speed. If you want to increase speed tap in same direction to achieve desired speed or hold in that direction and will go back to full speed. This is similar to what I figured out for cable cam except you are using the right stick for orbit mode.

This is what I posted for cable cam previously :

This is what works for me.

After you set your waypoints try these steps.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing.
Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.
Much appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop