Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

orbit or follow me

Reaction score
I try today for the first time to use these modes with bad luck. When the drone took off it started making small circles,I had no control
and then it crashed. Lucky I was in a open field. Nothing happen to the drone so I redid the compass and try again. The same thing happen.
So I put it in pilot mode when it first took off it was going side to side 8" to 12" then it settle down and flew ok.Then I try it with the remote
controller and it worked great. I am scared to try these modes again.Any suggestions or ideals what happen???

I try today for the first time to use these modes with bad luck. When the drone took off it started making small circles,I had no control
and then it crashed. Lucky I was in a open field. Nothing happen to the drone so I redid the compass and try again. The same thing happen.
So I put it in pilot mode when it first took off it was going side to side 8" to 12" then it settle down and flew ok.Then I try it with the remote
controller and it worked great. I am scared to try these modes again.Any suggestions or ideals what happen???
Hi, two questions to better understand the circumstances:
1. did you start the Breeze in orbit mode, i.e. did you select orbit before take off? Did you then do anything at all, once the craft was airborne? Or did it start the circling all on its own?
2. did it crash into the ground, or into an obstacle while doing the circles?

I started in orbit mode and did nothing
it crash into the ground

I started in orbit mode and did nothing
it crash into the ground
Thanks. That makes it appear a bit more mysterious. Assuming your GPS lock was good (you didn't mention that, I just noticed), the only thought I have is that perhaps the IPS sensors were not working properly, maybe blocked or the particular underground you were taking off from was confusing them. I believe that at low flight altitudes, IPS often has more authority over how the Breeze flies than GPS. But I could be wrong here... Hopefully, I am wrong, because unfortunately IPS seems so much easier to confuse than GPS.

I did get the orbit to work yesterday. Could not get the follow me.
I guess I just need more practice.

There are two follow me modes. The first is passive and you position the Breeze where you want then make a target box around the subject. The Breeze will then hover in place and rotate to keep the subject centered.

The other mode is smart follow me mode. Your phone must have GPS location services enabled for this to work.

The instructions for each flight mode can be accessed by using the “?” once the Task mode is selected.

Many phones work much better with the Breeze if they are placed in airplane mode and then enable WiFi to connect to the Breeze before starting Breeze Cam.

Reactions: bkthedj
Hope it helps Ed. The one thing I found useful when using follow me mode was to get the Breeze a decent distance from me so it had time to react to direction changes without losing track of me.

There are two follow me modes. The first is passive and you position the Breeze where you want then make a target box around the subject. The Breeze will then hover in place and rotate to keep the subject centered.

The other mode is smart follow me mode. Your phone must have GPS location services enabled for this to work.

The instructions for each flight mode can be accessed by using the “?” once the Task mode is selected.

Many phones work much better with the Breeze if they are placed in airplane mode and then enable WiFi to connect to the Breeze before starting Breeze Cam.

GREAT TIP (as always, DoomMeister) - after all these years, I didn't know that we can put our Android phone into Airplane mode AND enable Wi-Fi. I try to dedicate my phone to pay attention to nothing by the Breeze, and this Airplane / Wifi combo is a simple but brilliant step. Thanks for your help!

GREAT TIP (as always, DoomMeister) - after all these years, I didn't know that we can put our Android phone into Airplane mode AND enable Wi-Fi. I try to dedicate my phone to pay attention to nothing by the Breeze, and this Airplane / Wifi combo is a simple but brilliant step. Thanks for your help!

I don’t use Android and just parrot my Android guru @airborne. Once I learn I teach given the chance.

Reactions: bkthedj

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook