Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Out of the box flying mode?

Reaction score
Hi Just got our Typhoon H Plus.... What mode should I fly in for my first flight? Also my landing gear will not go up when its in the air. Putting it in Sport mode will raise it but I don't think that is the right way to do it.
Thank you!

Hi Just got our Typhoon H Plus.... What mode should I fly in for my first flight? Also my landing gear will not go up when its in the air. Putting it in Sport mode will raise it but I don't think that is the right way to do it.
Thank you!
I suggest spending some time looking at the H Plus How-to section of the forum. There is a lot of great information and videos there.
When you attempted to raise the gear where you higher than 15'?

Also, there is a link to a modified User Manual in the How-to section. It contains a lot more information than the official manual.

I suggest spending some time looking at the H Plus How-to section of the forum. There is a lot of great information and videos there.
When you attempted to raise the gear where you higher than 15'?
Im not sure if we were above 15 ft....possibly.

Several things come to mind when I read your post Mike, first if the landing gear is stuck (which can happen when a Typhoon sits for long periods of inactivity) it may need to be given a little help at first and/or exercised. The original H could be flipped upside down to allow this but the Plus does not. Second, the flight modes switch is not the end of the flight modes available as you can replace Sport Mode with Smart Mode within the settings menu and that is a different animal all together.

The short answer is; always begin a flight in Angle Mode until you fully understand and/or master the Plus's full capabilities, and to do that I highly recommend reading and comprehending the user modified manual mentioned by Steve. In Angle Mode the gear will retract (when operating correctly) at any altitude after takeoff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs