Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Outdoor Operating Temperature

Reaction score
Fall and winter upon us in the northern hemisphere, what is the lowest operating temperature you have operated your H in?

Not uncommon here to have close to 0°F or below. I'm still reviewing the H and Inspire waiting to see if the 920 gets an update.

I'll be trying it in -20 Celcius (-4 Fahrenheit) this winter season. Flew my Phantoms in such weather and the only thing that suffered was my fingers... and a shorter flight time. I'm hoping the Typhoon will perform just as well. Then again there is video footage of one of the forum member's flying his Typhoon H in Iceland is what looked to be cold temps.

Today was the coldest flight to date with my "H". 36F/2C. Clear and dry (low humidity)

What I noticed when I started up my H, it showed 16.4v on one battery and 16.7 on the other. Once in the air and under 60 seconds, the voltage was down to 15.6 and 15.7 respectively.

I landed at 14.4 volts. Totally flight time was just over 15 minutes. This is about 3 minutes less than I normally get. I'm curious to see how it fairs in colder temps. I flew my Phantom 3 last year in temps as low as 19F/-7C.

Gotta say at only 36F my hands were stinging! This is the coldest its been around here this fall season. My body hasn't come out of summer mode yet!

Colder weather is coming my way too. Just keep those batteries as warm as you can for as long as you can. Be happy we have a Li-on in the transmitter. They handle cold, and hold charge, better than Li-po's. BTW, it does not hurt to leave a Li-on fully charged.

Yep I'm waiting for the cold weather also I hope the amount of time or flight time should I say isn't too short

I've done a couple below-zero(F) flights in the last few days, and as long as you keep your batteries as warm as possible all is well.
This morning I tried a flight at 9° with a cold battery (left it in my truck), and got the low-voltage warning as soon as I spun it up (16.6 rest volts).
Cheers!
pwr_sisters_aerial003.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval