Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PART 2: What’s the new feature you want the H Plus to have.

As @Ty Pilot points out I'm one of those waiting for Yuneec to add features in the H+ that I now take for granted in the H480. Its a better aircraft than the TH480 but I'll continue to fly my TH480 for now.

In the meantime if Autel releases the EVO with a 1" sensor like they promised my money will go there.

With the exception of the Mantis Yuneec seems to be focused on their commercial aircraft over the last 6-12 months. Which may make sense for their business but it leaves a lot of us out in the cold.
Yea but look at all the freaking updates they have on the 520, and it still a freaking mess!

True.

I’m another that has refused to buy either a Plus or 520 because of deficiencies that were obvious prior to release with more exposed after release. Having owned a Chroma, a pair of H-480’s, and a 920+ I had been pretty well sold on Yuneec platforms and had been highly supportive. I dare say a lot of H’s and a few 920’s were sold because of that support.

Had the 520 possessed the photo features of the Plus along with its mapping capability, and had the way point flight functions worked smoothly I could have justified the price but that was not possible to do with a system that was only useful in a singular mission. The 520 is still grossly over priced for what it provides.

To justify an H Plus it had to at minimum provide the same flight control features as a 480 and a camera that would outperform my CGO-4. It didn’t, couldn’t, and still doesn’t, so it never got bought. The combined deficiencies of the 520 and H Plus is what prompted me to buy a 920.

That got me thinking back to my roots with a custom type of platform, and even worse, has caused me to start considering an Inspire 2. Both will do what I need a platform to do but both have drawbacks. Both cost more but that’s not a big deal as the customers ultimately end up paying for them. A custom requires more external equipment and set up time while the other bears the negative impacts of nannyware and deplorable operational security.

@LinsonW
The problem, when Yuneec puts out a new product it comes with many issues. Why are these not fixed during beta tests prior to selling in the market? Listen to your customer, the consumer who is using this day and day out.

You need to have aftermarket apps and products, not a one shoe fits all mentality!
Unfortunately Yuneec's CEO lacks the ability to understand marketing, and lacks the ability to make a great drone into the most awesome drone.
It's a important should be improved, and we are considering inviting more experienced pilots to join in the beta test before launch the product.

Some beta testers turns into [emoji182] [emoji206] with bias opinion. And if they participate in forms, they should be a voice of support for the company.

FYI.. if you give us the password to the C23 we can probably fly the H Plus using datapilot. I’ll make this public, I was able to link the camera to H520 datapilot, but the C23 cannot read the the autopilot.yuneec file ?

Some beta testers turns into [emoji182] [emoji206] with bias opinion. And if they participate in forms, they should be a voice of support for the company.

Might you explain that with a bit more depth? It can be interpreted many ways.

I see beta testers as people determined to find the good and the bad with new releases and post their experiences honestly and accurately. Beta testers that only post the good, or not at all, are, to me, nothing more than shills being given early or free access to product with a promise to protect a company. This is especially true if they don’t step forward after a full release takes place to expose deficiencies a company was made aware of but failed to correct prior to release.

Sort of like a good read me file where it plainly states what was fixed, what was added, and what new issues were discovered and carried over for the next update. Ya know, the type of read me file we don’t get.

Last edited:
FreeFly, Intel, Aerial Alchemy, and a couple I can’t recall the name of at the moment. All at higher price levels, all require a little to a lot more set up effort. Just thought about it but none are China imports.

Thinking about it a little more and I just came to the conclusion most have been chasing lower prices and convenience before concerns about function, reliability and security. If they consider security at all.

FreeFly, Intel, Aerial Alchemy, and a couple I can’t recall the name of at the moment. All at higher price levels, all require a little to a lot more set up effort. Just thought about it but none are China imports.

Thinking about it a little more and I just came to the conclusion most have been chasing lower prices and convenience before concerns about function, reliability and security. If they consider security at all.

Pretty much the list I expected, but also well outside the price point of most who would consider either Yuneec or even DJI. Chevy/Ford may be a POS, but is suggesting buying a Ferrari a real solution?

It's a important should be improved, and we are considering inviting more experienced pilots to join in the beta test before launch the product.
Yuneec must first take into account the comments and needs of users for products already sold! Everything is written on this forum.
The beta testers have already done their job

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Construction: Skycatch Explore 1. Beginning to see this sUAS flying bigger accounts. Salesforce, Facebook, Apple, and Las Vegas build. If I can get a contract outside home developments. The price of this drone can justify the cost at a pro level.

Hollywood: Aerial Alchemy is already in the Jurassic age. The Alta 8, and the BlackDrone are slowly becoming a dinosaur as well, when Acecore release the NEO.

Pretty much the list I expected, but also well outside the price point of most who would consider either Yuneec or even DJI. Chevy/Ford may be a POS, but is suggesting buying a Ferrari a real solution?

I view it a little differently, although I agree that prices are a lot higher. Analogy; I can buy a fairly low priced car that can do much or most of what I need and it should last long enough to get paid off before it breaks. If I needed to tow stuff or carry heavy loads I’ve have to buy another vehicle. Then again, if I had to carry a lot of big stuff that would be left for periods of time in the vehicle I would also need to get a van. Suddenly I’ve acquired three vehicles. Too much money spent.

Or...i could buy a new or used pick up truck with good handling qualities for similar or a little more money than a couple of less expensive vehicles that will do what I need for quite a few years to come and do that with a single vehicle.

Since I got rid of the Cinestar I’ve bought a continuing series of platforms to do one or a couple things more the last one did. Currently I have 7 platforms and will change from one to the other as they suit the tasks. The total $ amount for those platforms exceeds what I would have spent on an Alta where the only upgrades needed were additions to payload variety, with any of the payloads exceeding what’s provided on the smaller less expensive platforms taking up space out back.

I don’t need more multirotors, I only need two, one primary, one back up, with the versatility to carry whatever I want or need them to.

So for me it’s not a Ferrari situation, but one of maximizing versatility for the money spent, along with long term durability. The more expensive stuff also allows delivery of much higher quality product, and provides the means to do things the smaller stuff can’t, and that equates to more revenue intake. The higher end makers are also much more responsive to customer needs and get new features and optional equipment to their customer base a lot faster, with higher quality, than the consumer makers. Of course that comes at a price.

You can’t hang LIDAR under a 520. It can’t even carry an a6400 with a fixed 20mm lens and I want 40+ mpxl and good glass, meaning full frame to deliver the necessary goods for the intended market. They don’t even make a decent IR cam that will fit a Plus or 520. So to keep buying the same thing over and over again with minor alterations is self limiting.

Sadly, the only “consumer” drone that can do most of what I need for under $10k is a three letter job, and I have issues with their policies.

Last edited:
That would be great. There are some excellent pilots that would do Yuneec justice at dissecting and interpreting during Beta.

I would, but I can’t, so I won’t. Time, and commitment is needed. Pay me....

Reactions: PatR
Your critique of H+ are excellent. (is yuneec lisening????) [emoji20]

It took awhile for me to establish that, because of forum culture.

Yuneec is listening on deaf ears that is why they will opt to build another Typhoon H Plus V2 to replace the current that has not matured in the market.

Last edited:
Ceci est une continuation de: Quelles sont les nouvelles fonctionnalités que vous voulez que H plus ait?
[URL unfurl = "true"] What's the new features you want H plus to have? [/ URL]

Veuillez maintenir le fil de discussion en ne répondant qu'avec une liste de fonctionnalités dans une liste numérique à ce que vous aimeriez que le H Plus ait.

Je vais commencer.

——————————————————————

1) Toutes les fonctionnalités et tous les paramètres du Typhoon H doivent être transférés sur le Typhoon H Plus.

2) La fonction Waypoint du H520 doit être implémentée sur le Typhoon H Plus.
Tout a fait d'accord Waypoint H+

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79