Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pixhawk installation on typhoon h

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a pixhawk on a typhoon h yet?

It would make it a much more capable mapping bird. I like the machine for its looks, build quality and it's hexa not quad. Kind of limited for mapping though. Instead of waiting for yuneec to release a firmware update, would a pixhawk go in?

Any advice most welcome

Nice idea but way above my skill level. I believe the H520 will be better suited for mapping. Perhaps that will happen at some point for the H with a firmware update.

Build your own hexa or octo and put the new pixhawk mini in it.
It's not as hard as people think I just built a team blacksheep discovery pro clone (quad).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AeriaL
Installing a Pixhawk would not be hard. Integrating the H power board, camera/gimbal control, and -16 communications with Pixhawk is another story. Much easier to scratch build a hex.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Pixhawk is an Ardu based, open sourced, flight controller originally developed and released by 3DR, the maker of Iris and Solo. Pixhawk was and still is one of the most versatile FC's for the serious user willing to invest the time and effort to learn how to make effective use of a system that is relatively unlimited in customization capability. A precursor to Pixhawk was APM and follow ons are PixRacer, PX4, and X series FC's. Due to mismanagement 3DR is now defunct as a consumer drone maker, with further FC development being performed by the people with Dronecode. A great many of the features used in consumer drones were originally developed for APM based systems. Being open source they were "borrowed" and adapted to fit the codes used in other brand name "locked" FC's.

Pixhawk is an Ardu based, open sourced, flight controller originally developed and released by 3DR, the maker of Iris and Solo. Pixhawk was and still is one of the most versatile FC's for the serious user willing to invest the time and effort to learn how to make effective use of a system that is relatively unlimited in customization capability. A precursor to Pixhawk was APM and follow ons are PixRacer, PX4, and X series FC's. Due to mismanagement 3DR is now defunct as a consumer drone maker, with further FC development being performed by the people with Dronecode. A great many of the features used in consumer drones were originally developed for APM based systems. Being open source they were "borrowed" and adapted to fit the codes used in other brand name "locked" FC's.

3DR isn't dead yet. They just released the Pix Mini late last year. Chris Anderson is still CEO. Although there is a lot of bad blood between Ardupilot and 3DR. You can read all about it on diydrones.com. I personally have a few APM's and PixHawks.
I'm hoping for better days in the open source UAS world.

Until C.A, is gone it can't get better for them. He has led the team all the way down hill to where they are now.

Until C.A, is gone it can't get better for them. He has led the team all the way down hill to where they are now.

We all evolve. This might be a blessing in disguise. You sound a bit bitter over it.

Not bitter, disappointed. There was a tremendous opportunity to put a highly advanced, extremely capable and accurate system into the consumer market that many were salivating for. Both the hobby and commercial sides of multirotors, and other air frames, could have benefited by incorporating a highly versatile and relatively unlimited flight controller that would have opened many doors. Because of upper level mismanagement were are left with what we have, which is only what the remaining manufacturers elect to let us have.

Since you have several of the APM and Pixhawk line I think you understand what I'm trying to say. I have them too, and have seen them employed in equipment that is incomprehensible for most at the hobby level.

Yes I do agree. But I don't believe that putting all your eggs in one basket also. I knew something was awry when the pixhawk suddenly went away. I also have many of the DJI controllers ( Naza and Naza lite) along with the multiwii and Naze. I still believe that open source has a way to go before it really is something you can really trust. I love my Yuneec Typhoon it's stable and rarely gives me issues.
Just my 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop