Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

POI radius limit?

Reaction score
H Plus: While using POI autonomous flight mode, following marking CENTER POINT and backing up to establish flight path radius, has anyone experienced the drone moving closer to the center point once starting the auto-flight POI? Several times, I have established my radius, hit START move the aircraft right or left, thus starting the the POI flight operation, then it moves inward toward center point a bit (I'm guessing the new radius is about 300' from center point). Anyone care to share their wisdom/experience on this?

POI on either the Standard Typhoon or the Plus is not a super accurate operation, I would say it is 'kinda' accurate. this is due to the fact that the GPS fixes of both the aircraft and controller can each vary quite a bit which can; at times, yield a lop-sided circle or even the appearance of changing distance. I have found it to be very random. I have Flown POI's that are pretty good to ones that are useless. If you're shooting video of an object, you'll want to run several POI's and choose the run you like best.

How far is it closing in?

POI on either the Standard Typhoon or the Plus is not a super accurate operation, I would say it is 'kinda' accurate. this is due to the fact that the GPS fixes of both the aircraft and controller can each vary quite a bit which can; at times, yield a lop-sided circle or even the appearance of changing distance. I have found it to be very random. I have Flown POI's that are pretty good to ones that are useless. If you're shooting video of an object, you'll want to run several POI's and choose the run you like best.

How far is it closing in?
Seems to close in around 50 ft but can vary depending on each time as I gauge my starting radius case by case - how far from the center I need to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop