Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

'Point of Interest'and other modes restricted by geo-fence?

Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly, in order to use some of the automated flight features such as curved cable cam, point of Interest etc.. I have to use Smart Mode but as I understand it, smart mode is restricted to 300 feet away from the controller? So if I want to do a point of Interest orbit around an object farther away than that I'll need to download the GUI and change my default geofence distances?

So if I understand this correctly, in order to use some of the automated flight features such as curved cable cam, point of Interest etc.. I have to use Smart Mode but as I understand it, smart mode is restricted to 300 feet away from the controller? So if I want to do a point of Interest orbit around an object farther away than that I'll need to download the GUI and change my default geofence distances?
No that's not correct. The only thing you would use Smart Mode for are Follow Me and Watch Me. In Smart Mode, you have the Smart Circle and Geo Fence. The 4 advanced modes (Curved Cable Cam, POI, Orbit Me, and Journey) are flown in Angle Mode.

Thanks guys! ...I'm still taking it easy with test flights at my local park so I haven't had a chance to try the program features yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval