Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Polarpro filters cheap at Best buy $19.95

So essentially what you all are talking about is throwing a $7 filter on a $300 plus camera ? Doesn't make much sense to cover the most important part of the camera with a crappy piece of $7 glass.

If the images produced by the $600 camera could be improved by stretching a cheap ziploc baggie over it, I for one would try it.

I should qualify that statement actually, I mean I like the images that it provides but I far too often end up pointing to near the direction of the sun and have glare or shadow :( and if a baggie, or filter, might improve on that then it's worth a try.

I have the Polar Pro filters and find them well worth the $49 I paid

If the images produced by the $600 camera could be improved by stretching a cheap ziploc baggie over it, I for one would try it.

I should qualify that statement actually, I mean I like the images that it provides but I far too often end up pointing to near the direction of the sun and have glare or shadow :( and if a baggie, or filter, might improve on that then it's worth a try.

I have the Polar Pro filters and find them well worth the $49 I paid

Basic photography 101, avoid shooting towards the sun directly or at close angles unless you have a lens hood and position it properly or you will probably get flare and other issues. Polarizers work best at right angles to the sun. Sort of hard to adjust a circular polarizer while flying.
Sunsets are fine with some adjusting.

Attachments

• YUN00043-cr.jpg
    YUN00043-cr.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: Ddraiggoch
So essentially what you all are talking about is throwing a $7 filter on a $300 plus camera ? Doesn't make much sense to cover the most important part of the camera with a crappy piece of $7 glass.
The Polar Pro filters seem to be fine. If you have a better option, please share.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11