Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Poll - did you have or had problems with your Yuneec Typhoon H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skeets,

I was too slow and didn't even get to the GPS before it, thankfully, found a tree. My best guess has the compass and GPS units experiencing a serious conflict and off they go. Coding errors caused this to happen with another system at one time. That stuff was likely resolved but I think there may well be hardware defects in some systems because of the way they are designed. Combine that with a desire to have the absolute minimum cost and stuff can happen. The operator is only a bystander if it happens. Yuneec must recognize the operator is taken out of the loop or they would not replace them.

Well mine fell out of the sky at 15ft for whatever reason. Cut into my dog. Luckily it wasn't a person. Destroyed the drone.

Moderators note:
@KansasCity_Typhoon, please start a new thread and post your telemetry from that flight. We might be able to help determine the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had my drone in the shop in Kansas 4 times to replace the compass /gps and no matter what I do I always loose gps. They said to send it back free of charge again but this would make 5 times in a year this is what they said after I wanted my unit replaced not fixed:

“The venting is understandable as I’m sure it’s even more frustrating on your side. Those decisions you’re inquiring about are made on a case by case basis or sometimes Yuneec will step in to make that request based on communication with the customer. If you would like to consider another option, you can reach out to Yuneec about their Bind and Fly units at 844-898-6332. A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.”

I didn’t send it back and I called yuneec they said there in nothing they can do but I could buy a bare bones unit. I just fly over fields now it is my country drone.... This is one of the first units that came out back in the day when we were all excited about the new H.

Reactions: Niblett
To have an idea how many had problems and how many did not have problems this Poll

/\/\ax2206
Hi, so far no probs and I am very careful to do all my pre-flight checks before take-off! Such as 12,5minutes sats/GPS alamanack download when not in the air for a week or more than 100km away from last flight. Also check 100% battery lock, rubber dampers and so on. Have been in the air for about 200hrs.

I’m changing my answer to YES. Compass/GPS issues (after last FW upgrade *may or may not have anything to do with it) randomly at end of any given battery. Sent to repair as per Yuneec, and was gone for 2 months. I still have yet to test after repair due to inclement weather.

Other than random video stopping a couple minutes in ( maybe SD card related)
Nothing, it's been a good first drone.

Most of my problems have been pilot error AKA the moron on the sticks. I did have a problem with jello 4K video on my newest TH480 but that got resolved by not listening to Yuneec CS and instead listening to @Steve Carr

I did have one inexplicable incident. I don't think it was pilot error but I've found no evidence it was the fault of the TH480. If I had to guess I'd say it was radio/GPS interference that caused the TH480 to seek out a Sycamore tree on the bank of a creek. I've since repaired the damage and it flies fine so it likely will remain a mystery.

Upside down TH480 in the tree.

IMG_0463.JPG

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-11_11-39-14.png
    upload_2018-2-11_11-39-14.png
    11.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Well mine fell out of the sky at 15ft for whatever reason. Cut into my dog. Luckily it wasn't a person. Destroyed the drone.
A lot of typhoon h owners are having that problem I have a neighbor that lives right down the street from me his H fell out of the sky, last year I was about 100 ft up and away from myself and all power just went out my battery was seated correct fully charged I had a problem sending in my telemetry my file was to large so I sent the whole remote Yuneec will rebuild it for you so don't worry but time to time you need to check up on it my drone got lost in the system finally after two months they repaired it Get the last up date firmware every now and then check your calibrations for me so far so good, good luck

A lot of typhoon h owners are having that problem I have a neighbor that lives right down the street from me his H fell out of the sky, last year I was about 100 ft up and away from myself and all power just went out my battery was seated correct fully charged I had a problem sending in my telemetry my file was to large so I sent the whole remote Yuneec will rebuild it for you so don't worry but time to time you need to check up on it my drone got lost in the system finally after two months they repaired it Get the last up date firmware every now and then check your calibrations for me so far so good, good luck
I've never had a "fall out of the sky" problem with my TH after 125 flights. But judging from the number of reports here, it happens. What ever is the cause, this is a very good reason not to fly over crowds or highways.

Any aircraft can "fall out of the sky" including those carrying passengers. There is always a reason albeit sometimes difficult to identify.
I have seen three reasons for this to occur with the H, listed below in the order of their occurrence:

1. The leading cause is failure to completely seat the battery. I have to listen for the second "click" to make certain it's locked.
2. Battery failure or charger failure. A bad cell will cause the voltage to drop unexpectedly and the aircraft may just shut down. A bad charger may not fully charge the battery. The pilot should always monitor battery voltage while flying and especially before takeoff.
3. A glitch in the Channel Settings which adds an additional channel to the throttle channel causing the motors to shut down when 2 controls are used at the same time. I have confirmed this on 6 aircraft, one of which was within the past month. Fortunately it is easy to identify by examining the ST16.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
My first Yuneec was a Q500 and was flawless! My H had a Intelsense problem during a test and did not avoid crashing into a tree at very low speed. Got her back after full repairs under warranty. I don't use Obstacle avoidance ever anymore. (better pilot now in angle).

2nd issue just last January. Won't respond to left stick down commands about 100 feet (intermittently) and drifts below 100 feet. Diagnosis by Yuneec - bad GPS and ECS board. Got it back last Thursday - drifting solved but H still won't respond to left stick down. (I have a more detailed post in here of my trouble shooting and remedies members suggested before I threw in the towel.) So in 1 year of ownership the H had two serious issues. I still love it but have lost confidence with my particular unit. I may try the H+ or DJI for my next bird and see what luck that brings me.

To the H's credit, I did fly her for hours every weekend since new. She has traveled to Hawaii, Brazil and India. Captured amazing photos and videos with ZERO issues except for the two issues I mentioned.

Last edited:
(I have a more detailed post in here of my trouble shooting and remedies members suggested before I threw in the towel.)
Without looking up your post, did you try turning off the GPS when you have the landing issue?

Without looking up your post, did you try turning off the GPS when you have the landing issue?

Good catch Steve, no I didn't. I figured it the issue was verified a GPS failure before sending her in, I assumed the issue is something else. To be honest, I have never flown her w/ GPS turned off by choice. Should I go and test that today and see? Nervous since it's windy today.

Good catch Steve, no I didn't. I figured it the issue was verified a GPS failure before sending her in, I assumed the issue is something else. To be honest, I have never flown her w/ GPS turned off by choice. Should I go and test that today and see? Nervous since it's windy today.
If you wait toward evening the wind may die down. It's definitely a good thing to check. That gives you information you need to narrow down the issue.

My first Yuneec was a Q500 and was flawless! My H had a Intelsense problem during a test and did not avoid crashing into a tree at very low speed. Got her back after full repairs under warranty. I don't use Obstacle avoidance ever anymore. (better pilot now in angle).

2nd issue just last January. Won't respond to left stick down commands about 100 feet (intermittently) and drifts below 100 feet. Diagnosis by Yuneec - bad GPS and ECS board. Got it back last Thursday - drifting solved but H still won't respond to left stick down. (I have a more detailed post in here of my trouble shooting and remedies members suggested before I threw in the towel.) So in 1 year of ownership the H had two serious issues. I still love it but have lost confidence with my particular unit. I may try the H+ or DJI for my next bird and see what luck that brings me.

To the H's credit, I did fly her for hours every weekend since new. She has traveled to Hawaii, Brazil and India. Captured amazing photos and videos with ZERO issues except for the two issues I mentioned.

Hello before I got my new firmware up dated there was no problem using the left stick to come down Now with the new firmware to come most of the way down with the left stick the landing gear must be down or I must be moving forward & left stick downwards moving motion I called support & he conform to come down the landing gear must be down never had that problem before the last firmware up date

Reactions: m5zealot
Hello before I got my new firmware up dated there was no problem using the left stick to come down Now with the new firmware to come most of the way down with the left stick the landing gear must be down or I must be moving forward & left stick downwards moving motion I called support & he conform to come down the landing gear must be down never had that problem before the last firmware up date

It sounds like you've got RealSense and it is enabled in the System Settings. Its a feature that it won't let you land without the gear down.

It sounds like you've got RealSense and it is enabled in the System Settings. Its a feature that it won't let you land without the gear down.
yes your right but before i got the latest firmware up date it did not respond like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie