Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prepare ST10+ to works as ST12 - looking for collaborators.

Reaction score
Hi!

After a long time and a long way, the ST12 is in my hands. The hardware inside is from ST10+, only the PCB with the switches is different. Another difference is in the launcher application file. I downloaded it from ST12 and put it into ST10+, but the luck is not full. The device doesn't crash, but also no picture on the screen. This probably means the screens are different.

In the attachment, you can find both files.

If something should be tested on ST10+, let me know. For now, I don't like to mess ST12, because I have no way to unbrick it.

Attachments

• ST10+ ST15FlightMode.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • ST12 ST15FlightMode.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 12
Another possibility is the application tests the hardware before it starts...

Awaiting discussion.

Another possibility is the application tests the hardware before it starts...

Awaiting discussion.
@ Valkin,
I notice the extracted ST12 APK file size above is more than three times the size of the one for the ST10+. That surprises me. I had thought they would be the same. Are you sure these are the correct files?

Last edited:
ST12 ver. st12v01b01c->
/system/app |
-rw-rw-rw- root root 9397266 2015-11-27 11:02 ST15FlightMode.apk
-rw-r--r-- root root 14796 2015-08-11 15:41 flightlauncher.apk
-rw-r--r-- root root 14976 2015-08-11 15:41 st15tools.apk

Unfortunately, I'm not a real programmer, so I'm forced to ask for some help.

To make a smooth hacking of these boxes is important to change USB debugging behavior when the launcher starts.

In this thread, I give a solution, but it's working only at boot time. More than that, the USB cable should be disconnected when the controller is powered up, after that you should connect the cable, do some ADB commands, and so on. Sometimes success is didn't get, doesn't matter how the hacker is experienced with the keyboard.

Changing for the first time launcher behavior for ST10+ will give a great horizon for experiments without the necessity to reflash if something goes wrong.

I'm ready to test everything on ST10+ and I'll do this on almost the same day.

Also, I can read from ST12 any file and share it. To write I'm afraid, due to no solution for unbricking or exit from a dead loop booting.

About the schematic from the switching boards, this is not a problem at all. I'll draw and share, just after I see some positive movement in the topic. If nobody except me is interesting, no reason to draw anything.

Reactions: Mike Irish
The main difference is a /lib folder in ST12 apk. There are libraries in for Android, maybe by accident. The lagest is the VLC lib: "libvlcjni.so".

br HE
Probably not by accident. I guess this is one more of the strange security solutions from yellows. As I mentioned before, to get USB debugging available you should have a working launcher. But the launcher itself kills the USB debugging. If you want to do something via ADB, the booting stage is your time window. But if you want to transfer a big file, the time is limited for you. Not sure if the USB debugging is set to off, what will the exit of the current ADB operation, but I haven't place to test.

The reason to use ST10+ with H480 is clear enough. More robust, more precise sticks. Also, no reason to promote and buy and use new platforms, if this one has a lot of hidden features, which are very useable for almost all tasks. RTK isn't in this pile, but PPK is possible.
;)

The first half of the way is done. ST10+ is reflashed with ST12 firmware and works. Now the problem is the transmitter file for ST12. For sure it can be updated via the application, but the file is still missing. Tomorrow I'll see what can I do, but any ideas are welcome.

"Transmitter" itself... I'll add some pdf's later. The processor is STM32F373RC. The target is to read it.

TR_screen_view.jpg

The full-size image is here: View attachment TR.jpg

Last edited:
The black connector is an ST-LINK port. Can somebody, who has this interface, check the possibility to read the FLASH and the SRAM content?

I can order one interface, but this will take some time. No reason to waste time with the bootloader, and so on, if the IC content is not locked.

ST-LINK port.jpg

Yes, this is the debug port:
ST10CPU_Debug.jpg

To replace the bootloader you need NRST too. I will try to find a matching plug and read the memory. But as for the MCU board I guess it is locked. Let's see...

br HE

No reason to lock something when the update file is available everywhere.

Take into account the pinout is not standard, as well as I don't know what standard should be. Pins are easily traceable. They are GND, +3.3V, PA13, and PA14.

STM32F373xx_LQFP64_pinout_small.jpg

Debug connector.jpg

Reading can be done in-circuit WITHOUT a battery attached. For security reasons is better to unplug the +VBAT connector to the power switch. These are two pins with red and black wires.

Power.jpg

Last edited:
All wanted modifications are done and is possible to use ST10+ as S12.

Only the missing part is ST12 tx .bin.

The plan C is to read the ST with powee voltage trick, but this will be not so soon.

If someone has this file let PM me. We can arrange something.

SR24 bin files ver 1.03 and 1.06 in the attachment. The last one is tested by me on ST10+/ST12 and works. 1.03 was already installed. Updated to 1.06.

Still looking for ST12 TX to close this part of the project.

Attachments

• SR24.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 6
I have had no luck finding a firmware specifically for the ST12. All downloads on the Yuneec sites are FUBAR now and web searches have been for naught.

Yes, this seems to be a rare collectors item.

If someone has still ST12 firmware, please, please offer here.
FW was st12v01b05c or another version, but starting with st12v...

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval