Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with RealSense, Watch Me, and calibration...

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, and I bought my Typhoon H a few months ago. I recently installed the RealSense module, and at first it worked fine, it gave me readouts of what I assume were obstacles nearby on the ST16 screen, but now it doesn't. However, the ST16 still reads that the RealSense module is installed, and I have the box on the one screen checked.. When I turn on obstacle avoidance, it says it's not available no matter how high I fly it.

Problem #2: It's not letting me calibrating it. I just touch the compass calibration icon and it doesn't do anything.

Problem #3: Watch Me mode is not working. I watched Yuneec's video very carefully and I don't think I'm missing anything, but when I put it in Smart Mode, the Typhoon H will still follow me, but when touch Watch Me, it just quickly reverts to Follow Me. The only time it will stay on Watch Me is on Angle Mode, which, needless to say, renders it pretty useless.

I recently binded the Typhoon Wizard, but I haven't used it yet. I've been operating on the ST16 for now.

Can anyone here help me?

If you uncheck the "Enable RealSense" in settings, do the other functions return to normal? i.e., follow me, watch me, etc.? If they do, then I would suspect that the RealSense module has failed or there is a problem with the connection to the H. Give that a try just to see if you can narrow down the issue. You'll likely have to call Yuneec Customer service in any case.

I am having the exact same problem as oxyman85 and I have turned off the Enable RealSense. Still nothing has changed. Does anyone have a solution?

exact same problem, greetings from Sweden
Try updating the typhoon h again (not the st16) and then do this:
After doing the update please follow these steps

1 Select Pad
2 Then hit Ok then select the circle with 6 dots
3 Select settings
4 Select Apps
5 Swipe to the left 2-3 times till you see all at the top then scroll up and select flight mode
6 Select Clear data then press the house icon
7 Return to the home screen and sure english is selected
8 Go to model select tap h and rebind then compass calibration

Reactions: Andraika
Try updating the typhoon h again (not the st16) and then do this:
After doing the update please follow these steps

1 Select Pad
2 Then hit Ok then select the circle with 6 dots
3 Select settings
4 Select Apps
5 Swipe to the left 2-3 times till you see all at the top then scroll up and select flight mode
6 Select Clear data then press the house icon
7 Return to the home screen and sure english is selected
8 Go to model select tap h and rebind then compass calibration

it works! you made my day, woohoo!!!

I found out my problem before I saw this. I binded the Typhoon Wizard without the ST16 on. So I rebinded it in team mode (which I guess is the proper way) and now it works fine.

But I'll keep the other suggestion in mind if something like this happens again.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9studio