Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with take off in GPS mode with my Typhoon H PLUS

mmr

Reaction score
Ok here´s a pic from my ST16s.

I binded drone and camera again. Calibrated compass. ( Earlier I checked updates and got message no update needed)
Drone won´t start engines from control unit red button. Only if I change to "MANUAL MODE" it starts and flies without GPS.
When trying to start engines in normal GPS mode it just makes TI TI DI, TI TI DI, TI TI DI sounds
3 x ti ti di. Engines won´t start.

But if I start it from the screen with slide it starts but sticks won´t work and no throttle works (I have control mode 2 where left stick is throttle up etc...)

Attachments

• Yuneec Typhoon h plus.jpg
    Yuneec Typhoon h plus.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.8.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 18
Thanks I did that. Nothing new and helpful.

Does a message from a log tell you anything

NOT ARMING: Switch to a pilot flight mode first + the time of this happening

Too bad, I was hoping it was something simple that was being overlooked. Your screen display looks normal, plenty of satellites, you're in angle mode, it looks like everything is A-OK, but still no joy. How many times have you flown this Plus, and did it behave normally before? Or is the this the first try? If this is the first time, then I suspect you have a warranty claim to make with Yuneec, or maybe return it to the place of purchase.

I flew it normally about twice before and now suddenly later at same days evening these started. Can it be FLY ZONE issue as I read somewhere else that Typhoon H plus uses openAIP map for zoning?

NOT ARMING: Switch to a pilot flight mode first + the time of this happening
The message you posted suggests that it is not in a proper flight mode, yet the ST16s shows you are in Angle mode. The only other thing I can guess is you have a "Task Mode" selected, yet one is not displayed.
I don't have anything else to offer, however you message is a clue that hopefully someone here can interpret.

Reactions: Lucky
The message you posted suggests that it is not in a proper flight mode, yet the ST16s shows you are in Angle mode. The only other thing I can guess is you have a "Task Mode" selected, yet one is not displayed.
I don't have anything else to offer, however you message is a clue that hopefully someone here can interpret.
Same thing here. I just updated to latest firmware ending in 822. No more updates needed. Same issue of cannot fire up props in GPS mode - only Manual Mode - tried reinstalling firmware, also, binding and re-binding a number of times for camera and Plus - no joy. However I tried starting the props in Manual and flipping off of Manual which on the ground, killed the motors. However, I flipped from Manual mode to off in the air (low altitude) to test and the motors stayed on - so able to fly apparently with GPS. - also selected Aircraft GPS enabled. Angle mode, OBS off, and once in the air with 12 Sats for GPS Plus and 17 Sats for ST16s, had to fight to keep stable - lots of drift - and finally, lost control of the sticks operating, got a WiFI disconnect, to a full blown omg flyaway. Hit the RTL - bird kept traveling away. Telemetry showing full 12 Sats to bird, ZERO satellites to ST16s!!!! The whole time I tried to reconnect, walking in the direction etc etc - no satellites ever came back on 16s, yet indicated 11 Sats on Plus - no battery voltage telemetry, tried re-connecting, re-binding camera - nothing found. Took battery out of ST16s and powered up - still 11 Sats showing on Plus somehow, and zero Sats on 16s - the new firmware has apparently fried the 16s. No joy losing my baby to tech, hoping it doesn't hurt anyone when she comes back to Earth.

I think you should post this flyaway as a new thread, because this thread is old and no one is reading anymore. Post it in the Typhoon H Plus Discussion
and make the subject read "Another H Plus flyaway!", and explain everything above in that post. You will get many responses and instructions on how to possibly find it using the telemetry files on the ST16S.. Also this might be covered by warranty So re post this as a new thread and see what others say..

Reactions: Lucky
I think you should post this flyaway as a new thread, because this thread is old and no one is reading anymore. Post it in the Typhoon H Plus Discussion
and make the subject read "Another H Plus flyaway!", and explain everything above in that post. You will get many responses and instructions on how to possibly find it using the telemetry files on the ST16S.. Also this might be covered by warranty So re post this as a new thread and see what others say..
Thanks - great suggestion!!! Will do!

To those having this problem, take a quick look at your RC Monitor and make sure that the sticks; when in neutral position, are showing up as so in the hardware monitor. There have been others with this issue and a 'stirring' of the sticks has been found to make the aircraft go back into Angle Mode and fly as normal. See This Thread specifically the first post on page two.

To those unfamiliar with the 'Sticky Sticks' problem, this is known weakness of all of the ST-16s and there is a very simple fix and it is to clean the pots of the sticks. Depending on the amount of dirt or corrosion that is in there a simple stirring may do the trick but a thorough cleaning is better. I had my Plus's right stick needing this after five months of operation.

Reactions: DCH and Steve Carr
still 11 Sats showing on Plus somehow, and zero Sats on 16s - the new firmware has apparently fried the 16s.
I suspect it is more likely a problem with GPS at that particular time and location. When you had difficulty with control it would have been prudent to land immediately. You should copy the flight logs from the ST16s and upload then here. They will show the last known position of the H Plus. There may be other information which may help identify a problem.

I suspect it is more likely a problem with GPS at that particular time and location. When you had difficulty with control it would have been prudent to land immediately. You should copy the flight logs from the ST16s and upload then here. They will show the last known position of the H Plus. There may be other information which may help identify a problem.
Yes and no. The GPS issue is key. Right now I have no Plus - but the ST!6s has been recharged and shows 7 satellites to the aircraft connected while I'm indoors, and still zero satellites for the ground station whether I am indoors or let it sit outside for an hour. This is a first. I flew a number of flights with the same ST16s working normally.

Can you take a pic of the screen?
Do you know how to access the telemetry?
actually, after I saw the flyaway become incontrovertible, I took a number of photos of the screens and the position of the toggles so you guys could clearly ascertain what's happened in hindsight. Yes to the telemetry which I'll post shortly. Thanks!!!!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Here's are the Telemetry files, pictures to follow of the ST16s screen while in flyaway to possibly RTL - according to the telemetry, "SkyLove" is about 1/4 away!!!

Attachments

• Telemetry Luckys Typhoon H Plus Aug 12.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Just a quick question about GPS related fly away. Should you shut off GPS mode if experiencing an issue once you notice erratic behaviors, then try and land?

Here are the photos taken during the flight then flyaway of my ST16s acquiring Satellites even though the Plus has flown away and is disconnected. I still cannot get the ST16s to register any Satellites on it since the flyaway but had 17 Satellites before taking off on the ST16s as well as 11 or 12 Satellites showing for the Plus. I still am seeing 6 or more Satellites on the ST16s even in my house for the Plus showing while zero Satellites register for the ST16s. Firmware 822 had been installed days before with successful flights but seems to have lost its mind on Flyaway August 12th.

The last 5 pictures are from today when I went searching for the plus at the telemetry's long/latitude coordinates. I got to the exact spot in a forest with a swamp/lake but cannot find the Plus anywhere. Wish I had the Marco Polo tracker I had on my other Typhoon H.

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpg
    IMG_2614.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2615.jpg
    IMG_2615.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2617.jpg
    IMG_2617.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 8.52.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 8.52.40 AM.png
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.46.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.46.31 AM.png
    487.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.47.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.47.18 AM.png
    7 MB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.47.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.47.32 AM.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.50.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.50.43 AM.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 17
First let me say I am so sorry for your loss, it must me heartbreaking.

This first thing I noticed is there is no 2.4 or 5.8 signal link, so there was no RC link to the aircraft, and no telemetry data showing on the controller display when these shots were taken. If these photos were taken during the "Flyaway", you were not bound to the aircraft as it flew away.

With no telemetry info showing on the controller and no WiFi signals displayed after binding, your pre-flight should have been aborted and re-initiated with a system reboot. In this situation you should have never attempted to start the motors. Remember one important thing -the most important thing: If the motors do not arm, there is a good reason. And the pilot needs to ascertain what that reason is before flipping switches and turning the GPS off in a blind attempt to get them running. Somehow you managed to take off without full radio control or a telemetry signal. If so, there is little to no chance that the last telemetry file was recorded, leaving no way to know it's last location and no chance of recovery or warranty replacement.

First let me say I am so sorry for your loss, it must me heartbreaking.

This first thing I noticed is there is no 2.4 or 5.8 signal link, so there was no RC link to the aircraft, and no telemetry data showing on the controller display when these shots were taken. If these photos were taken during the "Flyaway", you were not bound to the aircraft as it flew away.

With no telemetry info showing on the controller and no WiFi signals displayed after binding, your pre-flight should have been aborted and re-initiated with a system reboot. In this situation you should have never attempted to start the motors. Remember one important thing -the most important thing: If the motors do not arm, there is a good reason. And the pilot needs to ascertain what that reason is before flipping switches and turning the GPS off in a blind attempt to get them running. Somehow you managed to take off without full radio control or a telemetry signal. If so, there is little to no chance that the last telemetry file was recorded, leaving no way to know it's last location and no chance of recovery or warranty replacement.
Thanks - it is heartbreaking for sure, as I love this 360 degree camera flying bird! You are totally mis-interpreting what I had previously and currently written. I had a perfectly done pre-flight - compass calibrated, 11 and 17 Sats respectively, check UAV flight for low KP, wind gust was approx 5mph, visibility around 10 miles, etc - GPS switched on, full battery voltage and all the rest of the telemetry there - and I have attached the flight logs indicating all of this - battery voltage was at 99% or 100% on both controller and Plus, 2.4 an 5.8 showing fully connected - it was only after I was flying for a while - maybe 7-10 minutes that I got a WIFI disconnected message, then all the telemetry changed to give me nothing from the Plus. I got telemetry logs that show good voltage and speed, longitude and latitude and then suddenly hit 0 0 0 for altitude, speed etc when I examined the logs after there wa no sign of RTL and RTH an hour later after walking around hoping to get closer to the Plus and re-connect. AFTER the flyaway I took the pictures and show still having a satellite connection of various numbers from 6 to 12 to the Plus -and 0 connection to satellites for the ST16s ground controller - 3 days later I still have satellites showing for Plus connection and still have not seen 1 satellite connect to the ground controller. I had full telemetry before take-off, but the location was on the edge of a heliport, so I was only able to use Manual Mode with GPS on to start the motors, and then once 5 feet or so in the air, flipped the Manual mode back to off, keeping the GPS on, in Angle mode. RTH RTL did bring her all the way home. Question - anyone know the trajectory of return to home - I had it set at 130 feet - does it allow the Plus to come overhead at 130 and at that point, descend with 26 feet? Thanks for everyone's feedback!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx