Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Producing a video q's

Reaction score
I recently got a Typhoon H & really loving it. I think making a flying video would be cool. What's a suggestion for some simple novice level software to edit with & add music? Also, along with that, I've seen some cool videos with epic music. Where do you find that kind of instrumental stuff at & do you have to pay to use it? Thanks for any help!

Reactions: Steve Carr
I recently got a Typhoon H & really loving it. I think making a flying video would be cool. What's a suggestion for some simple novice level software to edit with & add music? Also, along with that, I've seen some cool videos with epic music. Where do you find that kind of instrumental stuff at & do you have to pay to use it? Thanks for any help!
Ha....music is a huge undertaking, at least in my experience. I spend far more time searching, downloading and timing music than I ever spend on editing the video.
A fairly simple beginner editing program is Wondershare. It has a free trial and if you like it the paid version is $60.

I'll post a couple of links below for music that you can use. Be sure to include the required credits on the video and/or in the description.

Reactions: KellyR
Some of these sites have both paid and free downloads so use care when searching each site.
Some also accept donations to keep the site operating. When I find a good source I always contribute.

Ha....music is a huge undertaking, at least in my experience. I spend far more time searching, downloading and timing music than I ever spend on editing the video.
A fairly simple beginner editing program is Wondershare. It has a free trial and if you like it the paid version is $60.
Important to note that anything rendered from the free version has a heavy watermark...you won't get anything without the watermark unless you buy the license. Another note: Wondershare includes a small library of music that you can use.

I can vouch for Wondershare. I use it all the time. Good enough for my needs, shallow learning curve, 4K capable.

Last edited:
If you have a MAC computer then you already have a very good, free software for editing. iMovie is included with all Apple products and the version on the laptop or desktop is very capable. And when you outgrow it, then Apple sells Final Cut Pro which is a professional grade editing software that an iMovie user can fairly easily move into. There are many YouTube videos which compare and rate free editing softwares.

If you have a MAC computer then you already have a very good, free software for editing. iMovie is included with all Apple products and the version on the laptop or desktop is very capable. And when you outgrow it, then Apple sells Final Cut Pro which is a professional grade editing software that an iMovie user can fairly easily move into. There are many YouTube videos which compare and rate free editing softwares.

Bummer, I don't have any Apple products. :rolleyes:

And when you outgrow it, then Apple sells Final Cut Pro which is a professional grade editing software that an iMovie user can fairly easily move into.

A lot of us professionals despise FCP ever since they wrecked it with X. ;) Plus it's expensive. So is Premiere, since you have to keep paying for it forever.

When you want to step up to pro-level editing without paying pro prices, I usually recommend Blackmagic Davinci Resolve. It's available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. There's a paid version but unless you're in a production environment you simply don't need it.

Another positive with DaVinci is their training materials are free....downloadable PDF’s from the Beginners Guide through Advanced Editing.

A lot of us professionals despise FCP ever since they wrecked it with X. ;) Plus it's expensive. So is Premiere, since you have to keep paying for it forever.

When you want to step up to pro-level editing without paying pro prices, I usually recommend Blackmagic Davinci Resolve. It's available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. There's a paid version but unless you're in a production environment you simply don't need it.
Resolve is a very good editor but it is a 'high resources' editor. What I mean by that is that it needs a powerful computer to be running it...the sort of machine that is expensive to buy. Thus it is useless to someone that only has an 'average' computer.

(Also a fairly steep learning curve but once you've got mastery of it, it is good to use)

If you're editing in 4k yes. Step it down to HD and it does fine on less-than-bleeding-edge hardware. And if you only have an average computer you're probably not driving a 4k monitor anyway so... ;)

If you're editing in 4k yes. Step it down to HD and it does fine on less-than-bleeding-edge hardware. And if you only have an average computer you're probably not driving a 4k monitor anyway so... ;)
I tried to edit with it on an i5 laptop with 8gig memory and it struggled even at 1080 rez. That laptop just wasn't up to it.

8 gigs is bare minimum for a low-end Windows 10 system in my opinion. Which is crazy if you were around in the days when 256k of ram was enormous, but such is progress.

And like I said when I initially recommended it, this is for people who want to go to the next level of video editing. If you want to do that, you're probably willing to spend the money to get a mid-range computer.

8 gigs is bare minimum for a low-end Windows 10 system in my opinion. Which is crazy if you were around in the days when 256k of ram was enormous, but such is progress.

And like I said when I initially recommended it, this is for people who want to go to the next level of video editing. If you want to do that, you're probably willing to spend the money to get a mid-range computer.
It was running Windows 7. When new it only had 4Gig but I upgraded it to 8 Gig. I invested in a high-end computer last year which is fully 4K capable but that was after I plumped for another editor (Filmora) that my laptop could run. Since I'd already shelled out for Filmora I just continue to use it on my 'big' computer, although I can now edit in 4K.

I remember those 'powerful' 256k computers [sic] and the truly enormous 540k supermachines (540k sounds strange but I had one) with those revolutionary 3.5 inch stiff discs. Like the stone ages nowadays.

...... those revolutionary 3.5 inch stiff discs. Like the stone ages nowadays.......

A 5 1/4 floppy was a luxury when your homework was on punch cards......God help you if you dropped them.

• Haha
Or someone tripped you. That used to happen sometimes when someone was walking across campus with a stack of 'em.

• Haha
A 5 1/4 floppy was a luxury when your homework was on punch cards......God help you if you dropped them.
Used to use my corrupted 5.25 floppies on my office desk as coasters for my coffee mug. I liked to get my money's worth out of them ?

• Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech