Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 Tipping back in landing

Reaction score
What would be causing my Q500 4K to tilt back when I land the aircraft before the motors shut down to idle?
Is there anything I can do to shut the motors down faster or put extensions on my landing gear? It has tilted back far enough to break my props a couple of times.

@LURCH: This has nothing to do with the SD card. Why not open a new thread to handle this?

However, you can do following:
- Check in HW monitor if all sticks are in center position (at zero) and will reach zero again when you move it and let it go.
- Land with speed slider on rabbit not turtle. Hold the Throttle stick fully down all the time to land. Don't let it go until the motors go to idle.
- Make a accelerometer calibration.

br HE

Ok thank you for the advice h-elsner.

You say land in rabbit mode and not turtle mode? That won't cause the aircraft to land too fast or too hard and damage the camera gimbal will it?

To expand on the post by @h-elsner , it sounds as if you have a problem with the right stick not being centered upon landing. Whether it is caused by dirty potentiometers or by you unintentionally applying negative pitch input this can cause what you are seeing.

You do not have to use full down throttle in rabbit mode to bring the aircraft to the ground (aka a hard landing), but you need that once you touch down to send the motors to idle speed. If you don’t wait for idle the aircraft can try to go airborne again.

A slow/soft landing can be achieved in rabbit mode as you control the throttle ? I do it all the time with my H, and plus, still waiting to fly my Q500 when this rain stops ? Or better yet use that red button for landing ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech