Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500+ & Typhoon 4K [different?]

Reaction score
I've had a Q500+ and have finally processed the upgrade deal: swap the CGO2 for CGO3
Other than the obvious paint scheme, are there any hardware/software differences ?
Does one do anything, the other can't ?

Was very impressed that Yuneec accepted the exchange/upgrade, also included the hand-held thingy. I had to pay, what I thought was an extremely fair price. Rosealie in customer care/sales put the whole package together and had the exchange completed in under 6 1/2 minutes.

Those of you that actively participated in DJI's various model numbers, could have only wished we were treated, as I was [with Yuneec] 7 days ago. Last spring and early summer. I ditched every single model of DJI, I had listed via ebay.

I can now fly in windy conditions. Battery life seems a tad better. Camera is unquestionably producing a much finer Photo & Video. Flight controls seem to be allot more relaxed and intuitive.[and informative]

Not ever having to call DJI on the phone again = PRICELESS. Calls to YUNEEC are professionally handled rather quickly. You've got an entire support staff [with parts] sitting out in SOCAL. They sincerely want to get your problems solved, and accomplish that with an integrated US based central office.

I'm sticking with Yuneec for now......and possibly later.......much later

Reactions: davidnclearlaketx
I've had a Q500+ and have finally processed the upgrade deal: swap the CGO2 for CGO3
Other than the obvious paint scheme, are there any hardware/software differences ?
Does one do anything, the other can't ?

Was very impressed that Yuneec accepted the exchange/upgrade, also included the hand-held thingy. I had to pay, what I thought was an extremely fair price. Rosealie in customer care/sales put the whole package together and had the exchange completed in under 6 1/2 minutes.

Those of you that actively participated in DJI's various model numbers, could have only wished we were treated, as I was [with Yuneec] 7 days ago. Last spring and early summer. I ditched every single model of DJI, I had listed via ebay.

I can now fly in windy conditions. Battery life seems a tad better. Camera is unquestionably producing a much finer Photo & Video. Flight controls seem to be allot more relaxed and intuitive.[and informative]

Not ever having to call DJI on the phone again = PRICELESS. Calls to YUNEEC are professionally handled rather quickly. You've got an entire support staff [with parts] sitting out in SOCAL. They sincerely want to get your problems solved, and accomplish that with an integrated US based central office.

I'm sticking with Yuneec for now......and possibly later.......much later
As far as I know it's tomato-tomoto

On the Q500+ there is a small cable that you have to fish out on the right side of the battery compartment and disconnect the two plugs and use the cable that came in your accessory box to connect to your computer via USB to do firmware updates on the Q. The Q500 4K grey model, made it so there is just one connection you plug into and you don't have to unplug and plug back in every time so no chance of damaging the small connectors. The CGO2+ camera the Q500+ originally came with does not have a fan inside for cooling, the newer 4k CGO3 camera has a small cooling fan inside it so in case you here a noise inside that is normal.
One other good thing about the 4K camera is you can use different type filters in front of the lens for different effects. Carolina Dronz has a couple of different kits with different ND filters as well as a polarizer filter to reduce glare on water or other high glare areas. Other than the grey color body shell and grey motors and props the actual Q500 is the same animal inside.
Just when you select the camera type from your ST10+ make sure you select CGO3 PRO to get all the extra settings that you can change to get the best pictures/video for what you are doing.

Looks like you got a good deal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33