Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 vrs Mavic Pro?

Reaction score
I have been flying with some buddies that fly Mavic Pros and I've noticed some difference in the positional hold between the Mavic and the Q500. I've noticed that my Q500 seems to waggle or oscillate side to side when I move my right stick and let go. It's not noticeable in the footage. When I look at my friend's Mavics, their drones stops right when they let go of the sticks. I did have a recent crash but I've noticed this characteristic even before the crash. This is even noticeable when I advance throttle just to gain altitude. My Q500 does not go straight up but it waggles and oscillates on the roll axis as it rises.

Is this the difference between the two in the software or is it that I do not have a great lock on GPS?

It doesn't sound like a GPS problem, but it something isn't right. When did you last calibrate compass and accelerometer ? Also check that all your motors move equally freely, and that your props are still balanced (ie no damage, dirt or nicks). Even when it's working properly you should expect some difference in flight characteristics between DJI and Yuneec - they are 2 independently designed systems. IME Yuneec GPS hold takes a little longer to kick in after stick input stops, which would explain what you are seeing. It's not necessarily inferior, just different.

Last edited:
I watched more youtube videos of the a q500 flying and I've come to the realization that the waggling is a characteristic of the Yuneec. Maybe because it has the tall stance that any oscillation is magnified.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece