Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q5004K CGO vs H CGO

Reaction score
What is the difference between the cam on the Q and the H
I know one has a wire that is a pita to connect.
What data is carried on that wire? gimbal data? pan control?
I'm also a little confused between the Q500+ and the Q500 4k. Is the only difference the camera?
Thanks in advance

The camera on the H has an improved sensor and processor and 360 degree rotation.
The wire used on the CGO3 supplies power to the camera and the pitch signal. There is no data connection.
The Q500's are basically all the same. Some minor differences in the compass and the GUI connection wire.

So they just took the wires up to the pads on the H? I say this because I forgot to hook up the wire on the steadycam and it seemed to work minus the pitch. So I guess it's gimbal power and not camera power?

Some Q500 4k models and some SteadyGrips have contacts on the camera slide mount and if your camera gimbal has those contacts, it will work without the bypass wire. However, those contacts have been know to not always work correctly just as you describe. That is the reason the bypass cable is used most of the time.
Those models of the 4K had 3 contacts. The H uses 2 rows of 3 contacts so there is a redundant row to keep the camera working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech