Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Questions to ask at fair

tuna as you put on you can continue to solve doubts because I can't..........

I've got a silly face right now that I can't handle. I mean, 5 weeks ago when I asked for a professional pass for the fair, look at the companies that were going to have a stand, Yuneec figured. Today I arrived and took two full laps at the fair, I saw all the stands and Yuneec was nowhere to be found. IT CANNOT BE. :eek: I checked again the list of companies attending the fair and Yuneec was no longer listed. From the time I asked for the pass until today that the fair was starting, at some point they have decided not to attend.

Sorry mates, I haven't been able to talk to them :mad:

Here we have the list, which I can keep updating and if any of you attend another fair can ask the questions.

For my part I can't do any more, I'm so sorry :(

Reactions: Rayray
it is the intent that counts, and the fact of having written these questions will appeal, we hope, the house Yuneec
thanks to you

I would like to add the following question, which I have missed despite being very interested in the answer, and I believe that having this capacity is an important step forward.

Is it possible to load other data sources such as SRTM data to get the system to ‘follow’ the terrain to keep a consistent GSD when covering areas of differing elevations?

Reactions: ArltTech
I relive this thread because Yuneec is back in Las Vegas and next week in New York.

In the first post of this thread you have a list of doubts that we still have not solved. Do you want to ask those of you who come to the fairs?

Cheer up, asking doesn't cost money :D

Reactions: ArltTech
I relive this thread because Yuneec is back in London (When have I ever said anything like that? it rings a bell :p)

In the first post of this thread you have a list of doubts that we still have not solved. Do you want to ask those of you who come to the fairs?

Cheer up, asking doesn't cost money :D

Yuneec UK in Londor fair

I’d be interested in learning what Yuneec’s intentions are with regard to the H-480 and 920. Their CS people are tight lipped and you can’t make contact with their marketing and development teams.

I would like to know why they are using people who purchase the H520 and cameras for beta testing? :confused:

That one’s easy. In the effort to reduce operating expenses and continuing overhead cost they laid off the post production validation and flight test teams. Just following the lead set by the other guy. Why pay someone to do something the customers will stand in line to do for free?

ask about changing mode (mode 2 only) and exponential or rates on the controls, frankly unbelievable that these are missing, these are basic TX functions

If nobody has cheered up, it's going to be difficult, I think the fair ends today...

Applying exponential I find it necessary, I come right now to fly the first two batteries and I find it very strange controls, you have to move the sticks too much (in my opinion). I know it will be a matter of getting used to it, but if you can apply an exponential, it would be good.

I had a nice long phone call with Yuneec support yesterday where they answered a long list of questions that I had. Mitch was the support person's name, and he was very helpful, and very knowledgeable. Actually, one of the questions, he wasn't sure about, so he took a couple minutes and created a survey mission covering for more area than I'll ever need in order to confirm that it could handle that many way points. So, their tech support is stellar. (And I don't even own a Yuneec product yet.) The number I called was 1-844-898-6332.

One of the potential issues that I am facing, which the Yuneec mission planner software doesn't address, is terrain awareness. Does anyone know of third party software that would work with the H520 that would maintain consistent height above ground with varying terrain? That would allow my surveys to have consistent GSD.

As an introduction to myself, here are two links to sample surveys I've done:

Visible light: http://www.virtual-travels.com/virtual-travels/survey/
Quasi IR: http://www.virtual-travels.com/virtual-travels/surveyir/

Any suggestions or critiques would be welcome!

Mark

Mitch has been with Yuneec a long time and has always been a trove of technical info and a pleasure to deal with.

I had a nice long phone call with Yuneec support yesterday where they answered a long list of questions that I had. Mitch was the support person's name, and he was very helpful, and very knowledgeable. Actually, one of the questions, he wasn't sure about, so he took a couple minutes and created a survey mission covering for more area than I'll ever need in order to confirm that it could handle that many way points. So, their tech support is stellar. (And I don't even own a Yuneec product yet.) The number I called was 1-844-898-6332.

One of the potential issues that I am facing, which the Yuneec mission planner software doesn't address, is terrain awareness. Does anyone know of third party software that would work with the H520 that would maintain consistent height above ground with varying terrain? That would allow my surveys to have consistent GSD.

As an introduction to myself, here are two links to sample surveys I've done:

Visible light: http://www.virtual-travels.com/virtual-travels/survey/
Quasi IR: http://www.virtual-travels.com/virtual-travels/surveyir/

Any suggestions or critiques would be welcome!

Mark

Tell us the questions and answers you have been given. Don't leave us like this :eek:

Reactions: OnTheRopes
Good afternoon, does anyone know of any (ROOFING) software that is compatible with
the H520?

Sorry for the delay - I had misplaced my notes from the call. Here is what we talked about:

1. What camera should I use to get 1cm resolution?
A. E90

2. When performing a battery swap, does the drone return to the last waypoint, (turn), or the last point where a photo was taken, (in mid-lap)?
A. It returns to where the last photo was taken.

3. Are there any issues with focus? (I'm using an Inspire 1 Pro and the 15mm and 25mm lenses don't always get focused properly or consistently with third party apps.)
A. No issues with focus.

4. Does it support terrain awareness for consistent AGL vs. AMSL?
A. AMSL, so it doesn't track terrain.

5. Is there an upper limit to how many waypoints can be in one mission? (DJI limits to 99 waypoints.)
A. No, no upper limit issues.

6. Is there a multi-battery charger that will charge simultaneously?
A. No, there isn't support for simultaneous charging of multiple batteries.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: arruntus
@MarkDFink Where have you been? Those answers are out of date now :rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p

You already have chargers for several batteries available for purchase.

All other questions are still valid :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss