Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Real sense needs updating

Reaction score
Tried wat h me mode for the first time. My experience was not the inspiring. The H took out a fair few leaves and thought I had lost it to the tree. It also did some very sharp jerks to correct itself. Overall this is definitely a Tuner work in progress and needs some sorting. Almost regret getting the real sense version.

Tried wat h me mode for the first time. My experience was not the inspiring. The H took out a fair few leaves and thought I had lost it to the tree. It also did some very sharp jerks to correct itself. Overall this is definitely a Tuner work in progress and needs some sorting. Almost regret getting the real sense version.
Did you have Real Sense/Obstacle Avoidance on ?

Dont regret the realsense. It can be a useful tool. Just deactivate it if it acts up. Then contact yuneec.

Bill W.

Yes, was beeping away like mad, sometimes it seems net to point the realsense (drone) forward in the direction of flight. Not sure if this is just the realsense scanning ?. I was just walking very slow.

Realsense should always turn the drone to face the direction of flight, did you just have obstacle avoidance on (the front facing sonar)?

The drone was turning, just not very smoothly, I see no option on the controller to switch the sonar of ? Realsense switched on "ticked" and top controller switch all the way down in third position.

Tried again today, once again erratic and came within a few cm of losing it in the tree ( had to take over), definitely not convinced by realsense for auto flight. Slightly regret in buying it to be honest. Suppose it looks cool.

Call yuneec. There are lots of videos of people with realsense performing perfectly.

Bill W.

Tried again today, once again erratic and came within a few cm of losing it in the tree ( had to take over), definitely not convinced by realsense for auto flight. Slightly regret in buying it to be honest. Suppose it looks cool.

Strange. You had it in Smart mode, Watch or Follow, and started it 10 meters away from you. You did not touch any ST-16 controls (before you took over). Did you hear "Pings" as it came near the tree? I think it is normal for it to turn this way and that (and it looks erratic) when it is scanning an obstacle. Mine sometimes comes within 30 CM or so of leafy limbs before turning or climbing to avoid. Usually does not back up.

RS also works in Angle mode, but only helps while the craft faces forward. Craft stops, but you have to steer it away.

If RealSense is not working as you feel it should, please do call Yuneec support.

I have used RS about 10 times now... Most times, in Watch me mode, it does real well avoiding trees and keeping me in the shot. However, on a couple of occasions, I have had to take over to make sure it wouldn't drift into a pine tree.

Yes, it turns and only moves forward to detect the obstacles. However since there are no side sensors, it has come a couple of times within an inch or two of a branch...

I don't think it's an isolated issue either.. if you watch RS videos on Youtube, there is definitely times when the H drifts or clips a tree...

RS really is a work in progress. And at the end of the day, I really think it needs more sensors, all the way around.

I just want them to release the module so I can add it to my advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval