Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense Module Installation

Reaction score
I've finally got a RealSense module. I think they told me it would be a "week or 2" in June, but I suppose I should be glad it's finally arrived....!

I've put together a video showing the installation procedure. Hope it helps show what's involved. As soon as I can, I'll have a few flight tests to post about too.

Thanks very much I have the Pro module with RealSense...I want to take off the Real Sense Module, if I do that what part or parts would I need
to cover where the RealSense once was? Thanks for making the video.

Not sure; I'll look at what they offer, but all I needed to remove was the LED cover and a couple of screws. With that you could remove the RS module and cover everything up. Like I say, not sure if it's actually offered for sale, but I'll ask!

Not sure; I'll look at what they offer, but all I needed to remove was the LED cover and a couple of screws. With that you could remove the RS module and cover everything up. Like I say, not sure if it's actually offered for sale, but I'll ask!
Thanks...since mine came with Real Sense I guess I would need what ever you permanently removed to install yours...I'll try and figure it out by rewatching the video...I guess it would be that small cover wondering if I would also need a new gimbal mount...correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your install have the gimbal mount permanently attached to the RealSense you're installing? Thanks

Update: all you need is the "Tri Color Lamp Shade" according to Yuneec USA Support. Part only costs $1.99

Last edited:
I've finally got a RealSense module. I think they told me it would be a "week or 2" in June, but I suppose I should be glad it's finally arrived....!

I've put together a video showing the installation procedure. Hope it helps show what's involved. As soon as I can, I'll have a few flight tests to post about too.
Hey there chief, I think your video is better than the one posted by Yuneec. Are those 2mm or 2.5mm torx screws? Just wondering.

Two screws remove the light cover at the back of the H. The realsense module slides over the top of the camera gimbal lock at the front of the H and then you plug the connector at the back of the H into the realsense module. 2 screws at the back and 2 in front and you all set. Takes 5 mins to install. Did mine last weekend

To remove the RS module you will need the back light cover for the H
Yuneec Typhoon H Three Color Lampshade

Intel RealSense Module preorder

Last edited:
Hey there chief, I think your video is better than the one posted by Yuneec. Are those 2mm or 2.5mm torx screws? Just wondering.

2mm, but with the usual proviso; I ended up using an imperial hex driver to get one of them in nicely, and a 2mm for the others!

Thanks...since mine came with Real Sense I guess I would need what ever you permanently removed to install yours...I'll try and figure it out by rewatching the video...I guess it would be that small cover wondering if I would also need a new gimbal mount...correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your install have the gimbal mount permanently attached to the RealSense you're installing? Thanks

Update: all you need is the "Tri Color Lamp Shade" according to Yuneec USA Support. Part only costs $1.99

Yup; the RS module has a smoked window at the back that the LED shines through. Without it, you just need a tiny LED cover (said "tricolour LED shade") instead, which has its own pair of little screws to hold it in place.

Nothing else has changed at all. There's no change to the gimbal mount at all, just pull the gimbal off, add the RS module, and slide the gimbal back on.

Nice job on the video they all should be like this great job!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Onlook
While we're somewhat on the topic of hex head sizes for disassembly of the H, besides a 2 Euro Hex are the only other sizes needed a 5 and an 8? for complete disassembly?

Great video, thanks. Have you weighed the unit, and weighed the led cover you took off to see what the weight gain is? Do you have any results on flight times?

Great video, thanks. Have you weighed the unit, and weighed the led cover you took off to see what the weight gain is? Do you have any results on flight times?

I've not noticed a significant difference in flight time, but I think I need to test it in exact conditions. I might remove the module, and fly a repeatable CCC route with one battery down to a given voltage, reinstall it and repeat.

I didn't weigh it at the time but I'll certainly do that when I take it off; good idea!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far :)

Reactions: Jerseywing
Is there an on board fan on the RS module? I pulled the trigger and ordered one from Vertigo drones. I figured why not with my luck the price will jump back up lol..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There is indeed, there's a little fan just forward of the 2 IPS sensors.

Will Typhoon H520 support realsense module for H480?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval