Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense prohibits movement forward in clear air?

Reaction score
Hi-

Just an observation here. I was trying to perform a video job 350' AGL, and the H wouldn't move forward, like it was hitting an invisible brick wall. I checked the controller and I had inadvertently enabled RealSense (I never have used it before and don't plan to). Once it happened and I disabled it, flight resumed predictably, and I had to laugh.

Anyone else experience RealSense blocking forward movement in clear air? Just wondering...

What time of day or environment... I have seen cautions on using RealSense when flying into sun at early or later in the day... or when there are a lot of reflective surfaces such as water.

My pals P4 pro had this problem we were same place we always fly he was 148ft up strange it's as if it detects a object I was kidding him on perhaps it's a clocked ship sitting their lol

Reactions: Nesher
What time of day or environment... I have seen cautions on using RealSense when flying into sun at early or later in the day... or when there are a lot of reflective surfaces such as water.

Clear sky, no water, headed away from the sun. There is nothing weird, but realsense here.

Reactions: Thomas111
Chalk it up to a cloaked Romulan warbird :rolleyes:

Reactions: Thomas111
If you accidentally put the H into Smart mode you are then confined to the geofence.

AFAIK you can’t accidentally engage RealSense. It is enabled or disabled in the ST16.

Are you conflating RealSense and Smart Mode?

Reactions: Nesher
I have had similar problems with my DJI P4P when there is bright cloudless sunshine, even when NOT pointed at the sun. Turned off obstacle avoidance, flew to where I wanted, no problems. If you are out in "open sky" on a clear day, one shouldn't need obstacle avoidance until one arrives at a more congested location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
costimarcos