Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Remove motor from H

Reaction score
Rather than mentioning this on the "Unexpected Typhoon H battery failures" post, I created a new post. "obviously"!
Going to replace all my motors from my H. (4352 minutes on original motors).
Posting pics as I go along the way.
My motors aren't due until next week some time, and I ordered 8.
However I decided to take one arm off for now too see how difficult it might be? Not difficult but tedious.
Watching video's including I think Steve Carr, removal of the H arm.
First time around, took approximately an hour. I can see this being a 3 to 4 hour process, if all goes well.

Attachments

• DSC_1468.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The most difficult step is getting the motor leads past the rivets in the arm. I used a 10" piece of 22 ga wire, made a slip knot on the end and put it around two of the motor leads. The bent the third lead over backwards, then slid on a piece of heat shrink tubing over all the leads along with the led wire. I didn't have to heat the shrink. It fit tight enough. Feed the wire thru the arm and then some "see-sawing" to get past the rivets.

Reactions: AH-1G
The most difficult step is getting the motor leads past the rivets in the arm. I used a 10" piece of 22 ga wire, made a slip knot on the end and put it around two of the motor leads. The bent the third lead over backwards, then slid on a piece of heat shrink tubing over all the leads along with the led wire. I didn't have to heat the shrink. It fit tight enough. Feed the wire thru the arm and then some "see-sawing" to get past the rivets.
So was that your video?

I don't recall doing a video of feeding the wires thru the arm. I tried several methods before settling on that one.
Correction made on 1st post, your name inserted. Got to give you credit where credit is due.:rolleyes:

FYI, the rivets in the motor arms (and landing skids) are plastic and not very strong. The bad news is they can easily be sheared off with any twisting motion. The good news they are easily replaceable! One of my early attempts at installing a set of Carolina Drones landing gear pads resulted in shearing off a skid rivet.:confused:

After replacing just 3 arms on the Plus during the H520 body swap, I was ready to pull the rivets on the rest just to make it easier! :rolleyes:

FYI, the rivets in the motor arms (and landing skids) are plastic and not very strong. The bad news is they can easily be sheared off with any twisting motion. The good news they are easily replaceable! One of my early attempts at installing a set of Carolina Drones landing gear pads resulted in shearing off a skid rivet.:confused:

After replacing just 3 arms on the Plus during the H520 body swap, I was ready to pull the rivets on the rest just to make it easier! :rolleyes:
Rivets are an easy fix.

Are they available from dealers, or just general stockist?
Easy fix, I don't plan on using rivets, using bolt with self locking nuts / locknut if needed.
I'm nut:rolleyes: removing any rivets, just replacing motors.

Easy fix, I don't plan on using rivets, using bolt with self locking nuts / locknut if needed.
I'm nut:rolleyes: removing any rivets, just replacing motors.
That's fine, I got hundreds of metric bolts and nylocks,

I'm not sure those rivets do much. I've drilled them out in an attempt to salvage the ends from broken arms and the ends have been impossible to remove. In any case, if you replace them with small bolts, I recommend nylon bolts and nuts.

Reactions: DCH and AH-1G
I'm not sure those rivets do much. I've drilled them out in an attempt to salvage the ends from broken arms and the ends have been impossible to remove. In any case, if you replace them with small bolts, I recommend nylon bolts and nuts.
Dang, these pins connected to the motors are a pain to loosen. Using nose pliers, making me nervous ripping out the soldered side on the motherboard.:eek:

How many do you have to do?
6, finally got the last one out. whewwwwww! now waiting for motors.:D
I numbered the arms so they would go back in the same locationDSC_1472.JPG.

Last edited:
6, finally got the last one out. whewwwwww! now waiting for motors.:D
I've seen on Amazon De they do arm complete with motor attached, I wonder if thats a widely available part?

I've seen on Amazon De they do arm complete with motor attached, I wonder if thats a widely available part?
I order the motors only from vertical drones, they also have the full assembly arm with motor.

I order the motors only from vertical drones, they also have the full assembly arm with motor.
Yes I saw. and a great price, we nearly have to pay three times that price in UK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babyyodajede