Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return to home

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm on 4th flight with h plus. Having fun but tons of questions. For now two if I may. Took it up to 400 ft straight above to do panorama for fun. Lost WiFi and rc for a second or two then it reconnected. Rth kicked in but I could not stop it. Is there a way to regain control and keep it out there if the signal comes back?

Reactions: mbernholdt
Hi all. I'm on 4th flight with h plus. Having fun but tons of questions. For now two if I may. Took it up to 400 ft straight above to do panorama for fun. Lost WiFi and rc for a second or two then it reconnected. Rth kicked in but I could not stop it. Is there a way to regain control and keep it out there if the signal comes back?
To cancel rth just flick the flight mode switch [emoji106]

To cancel rth just flick the flight mode switch [emoji106]
But the drone lost all connection. you don't have any control over it. The RTH kicked in by itself, how can you stop it ?:confused:

But the drone lost all connection. you don't have any control over it. The RTH kicked in by itself, how can you stop it ?:confused:
You can't, but as @Standageadrian asked "Is there a way to regain control and keep it out there if the signal comes back? " so if signal is back you can regain control and cancel the RTH by flipping the mode switch :)

Reactions: Mr. I
You can't, but as @Standageadrian asked "Is there a way to regain control and keep it out there if the signal comes back? " so if signal is back you can regain control and cancel the RTH by flipping the mode switch :)
Ahhhh, I see now. Thanks friend.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Top Tip: When you are at 400 ft, don't do that directly over your head. Offset the craft about 100--200 ft from you, and you should be able to get the max altitude without losing signal. I suspect the reason that happened was because you were close to directly underneath it, which means your aerials are not oriented optimally to the craft.

What's the distance when you met this issue?
And could you please share your firmware version number?

Thanks all for comments and assistance. Firmware is 1.0.08_20180507 system and app. I was directly overhead and 423 ft. I had 900 programmed as the max but didn't want to go too high. Just dream of flighing through low clouds one day! So the mode switch I had it in sport so if I flick to angle I should regain control? Excellent tip thank you. Conversely there was a fright yesterday when I get thought I lost where the drone was although had full control. How to activate rth manually?

Thanks all for comments and assistance. Firmware is 1.0.08_20180507 system and app. I was directly overhead and 423 ft. I had 900 programmed as the max but didn't want to go too high. Just dream of flighing through low clouds one day! So the mode switch I had it in sport so if I flick to angle I should regain control? Excellent tip thank you. Conversely there was a fright yesterday when I get thought I lost where the drone was although had full control. How to activate rth manually?
Good to hear [emoji16] to activate rth you flip the mode switch down. Then the drone will come back and as soon as you get visual sight you can go back to angel or sport to cancel the rth.

Just make sure your return to home altitude is set higher than any obstacle in direct line of sight with the drone.

That's fantastic thank you. Maybe I didn't read the manual properly? I'll practice doing that for safety sake. I had 900ft as height although don't think I should go over 400 ft in UK? What do you think. I had rth set at 160ft which I thought was safe enough

I had 900ft as height although don't think I should go over 400 ft in UK?
Yep, you should never be more than 400 ft above ground level where the craft is to remain legal. I'd also advise against flying in clouds - not only is that illegal because of the VLoS rule, but the Typhoons can't be considered waterproof, and the slightest contact with clouds will leave it saturated and potentially dangerous to fly. Some UAVs are built for wet weather flying, but this isn't one of them...

Aero thank you that's super helpful I'll be sure to take your advice in full so I can fly with confidence and not fly by trial and error. Not sure what would happen on next flight without you guys here. Forums here are super

Reactions: AeroJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18