Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

rubber bumpers on camera

Reaction score
First drone, fresh out of box...rubber bumpers for camera not through the holes to support it. Support desk says pull through with needle nose pliars...not working on the one that actually holds camera...any suggestions on tools or techniques...it is like trying to put a bicycle tire on the rim without the right tool.

First you remove the dust catcher plastic.

Now you have better view on what is happening.
I made a lasso from dental floss tape that I pushed through the hole towards rubber. Then wrap lasso around the lip, tighten it and gently pull the catched lip through hole.
Many variations thinkable on this way of working it out, especially on the rubbers with the nylon split-pin

:)

Reactions: Steve Carr
Use the search function. Looks like a magnifying glass. There's prolly 30 threads that describe this in extreme detail.

I just got mine today and while trying to put the plastic muzzle on the camera, three of the vibration grommets popped out (one popped out completely, prompting 15 minutes of digging through grass looking for it). I guess I didn't have the latch pressed all the way before trying to pull the camera off.

I was able to get the grommets back in (unfortunately before I read the suggestion above to use floss, but I got them in with a nail file). What I realized by watching some YouTube videos is that there is supposed to be at least two plastic retainer clips keeping the rail from pulling off the gimbal base. Mine only had one retainer clip (that one did not come loose, which probably saved me from having to repair the wires underneath). Mine was a "refurbished" unit, so maybe the missing retainer clip was just missed by the refurbisher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airconditionerservice