Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SanDisk "Extreme 64 best for my Typhoon H?

Reaction score
I find it difficult to get a clear understanding for the different grades of Sandisk cards. The "extreme' series must be class 10. Is there any advantage to using the "Extreme" cards for my H? Which is better choice: 32 or 64 GB ?
Thanks,
Airyal

gbgig best?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it difficult to get a clear understanding for the different grades of Scandisc cards. The "extreme' series must be class 10. Is there any advantage to using the "Extreme" cards for my H? Which is better choice: 32 or 64 GB ?
Thanks,
Airyal

gbgig best?

Reactions: Sureshot
I find it difficult to get a clear understanding for the different grades of Scandisc cards. The "extreme' series must be class 10. Is there any advantage to using the "Extreme" cards for my H? Which is better choice: 32 or 64 GB ?
Thanks,
Airyal

gbgig best?
You want SD cards that have the U3 (the 3 is inside the U) rating and the write speed is the crucial part as that is what the CGO3+ will be doing. Always record video in 4K as you can always down convert in post processing if you want 2.7K or 1080p.
3C4F9429-2E99-4698-89D6-136E250DA950.jpegF8614BA1-58DE-4033-A0C6-35F640DCF413.jpeg
These photos show the markings to look for. I use the SanDisk Extreme 128GB you see on the left in my CGO3+ and have had no troubles from it at all.

Reactions: Steve Carr
There are a couple of brands I avoid.
Lexar is one which has been a target for fake copies. I've had two which turned out to be junk fakes.
Samsung doesn't play well with Yuneec cameras.

My favorite is this one. I use 64GB. The camera seems to like them and I like the price.

And carry at least two or three, just in case one goes corrupt, no matter how good the brand.

Reactions: Steve Carr
There are a couple of brands I avoid.
Lexar is one which has been a target for fake copies. I've had two which turned out to be junk fakes.
Samsung doesn't play well with Yuneec cameras.

My favorite is this one. I use 64GB. The camera seems to like them and I like the price.
In what way Samsung doesn't Play well, Ive been using one since I purchased my H, just curious? (what do you notice)

Reactions: rumj48
The H Plus does not like them.

As for San Disk Extreme being “the best”, or not, they always work in the H-480 and that’s good enough for me.

The H Plus does not like them.

As for San Disk Extreme being “the best”, or not, they always work in the H-480 and that’s good enough for me.
Now I'm worried. I just purchased 3 64gb Samsung U3 cards and have used them a couple of times. Been using a 128gb for months and decided I didn't need a card that large. All seems well so far. Do I need to scrap them. I'm just flying my H+ for the love of it but it is a deep love.

If your Plus likes Samsung, just keep doing what you’re doing. IRRC, there was alleged to have been a firmware update that resolved the issue. That may or may not be true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval